Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 11:33 AM
Default To move and not loose adventure progress
I've usually given up on adventure chains in some point or another due to boredom or due to the fact that I like to change neighborhoods quite often. But now I've gotten further than I expected and I really would not like to loose the progress I've made. Still, I'm plannin to change neighborhood again, even though there's still a lot to discover abroad. I've been wondering if there are any way to transfer that progress along with the sim, either with mods like Nraas or by tampering the game files. I tried googling but found nothing. Then I thought that maybe somebody here knows if that is possible at all.

Also, what do you guys do with all those statues and relics, collections? I sell the gems but everything else takes so much space, that I just usually cram them all into chests.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 2:27 PM
I believe you would want to use Traveller from NRAAS to change neighborhoods if you want to save the progress from your first neighborhood.

I keep my relics, etc. in a chest until I have a collection that gives the bonus for having it on display or until I have enough to completely build a pushable statue, dive well, or sarcophagus. By that time, I've usually got an idea of what I want to do with it when it's finished. Otherwise, the completed item goes back into a chest until I have a plan for it. (Although sometimes the plan involves an OMSP resizer...) I even keep some gems on display on shelves.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 5:44 PM
Ah, so traveler is the mod to go, then. I didn't know that. Thank you.

Resizer, now that's an idea. Most of the items I have in chests and some scattered around the study and on the shelves. I actually thought about building a basement room where they could all be on display. I know I may be the only one feeling this way but I think the collections are too big, all those dropa stones and statues... I would've happily settled to only a few of them. Thank god for those chests.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Also, what do you guys do with all those statues and relics, collections? I sell the gems but everything else takes so much space, that I just usually cram them all into chests.

I use the regular collections as decorations for rooms in heavy use (save for the droppa stones which I think aren't very interesting to look at). If I've gotten far enough to get the full collection of tomb relics then my family probably has a fair amount of money. In that case I buy a venue I use frequently (like the library), upgrade it to have display cases, and decorate the lot with my collection.
Site Helper
#5 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 5:45 PM
The dropa stone collection is nice for lining a garden path...
(especially if you keep all the duplicates you've picked up along the way.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
I use the regular collections as decorations for rooms in heavy use (save for the droppa stones which I think aren't very interesting to look at). If I've gotten far enough to get the full collection of tomb relics then my family probably has a fair amount of money. In that case I buy a venue I use frequently (like the library), upgrade it to have display cases, and decorate the lot with my collection.

Some of them do make nice deco objects but when you have 7 or so of exact same looking pharaoh heads, then... not so much. The smaller statues are very nice, though. A venue... that's a great idea.

Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
The dropa stone collection is nice for lining a garden path...
(especially if you keep all the duplicates you've picked up along the way.)

Hey, a nice practical use for dropa stones. A great idea, as well. Have to keep that in mind. I have to start thinking outside the box, it seems. :D