Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 8:43 AM
Default Scarves worn only with outwear?
Hello everyone!

I am looking for any accessory scarves that appear only with outwear. There are so many awesome scarves out there but they stay on all the time:/ I googled and googled and did not trace a single scarf that would only pop up when the outwear is worn.
If you know of any cozy neck winter wear that goes as outwear accessory only then please point me in the right direction

PS.I saw a tutorial on converting accessories to appear only with certain categories of clothing but it involves SimPE and I'm absolutely not familiar with it.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 10:30 AM
For regular accessories they need to be set as everyday + outerwear to be accessible (For SimPE that's 0x00001007 in the "category" line in all the Mesh Overlay resources). You can probably also use the Wardrobe Wrangler - it's easier, just remember to change the settings for all ages/both genders if that's needed. The trouble with accessories is that you can't set them for a certain category and expect this to work 100% ingame, because regular accessories are not easily accessible if they're not also set to everyday.

However, if the accessory is a type of jewelry you should be able to put it on the sim for any category. This may have other issues, though.
Tutorial here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg263241
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 4:10 PM
What's the issue there Simmer22? I have plenty of accessories set for only one category.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 9:43 PM
You can set them for one category, but I'm not sure if you can apply them properly in CAS and/or with the mirror unless the sim is currently wearing that particular clothing category.

I've had some issues with acessories not showing up at all if they're not also set for everyday - but it's been a while since I tried setting accessories for just one (not everyday) category, so it's possible I'm remembering this wrong. Most of the time I set accessories for all categories.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 1:29 PM
Ah yes, that makes sense. I find I can use them in CAS fine but I'd not thought about it if you want to do it in play. They might not show up in the mirror - I think I'll test that and see. I've defaulted to using the jewellery bins a lot for things like handbags and scarfs which you can set for different clothing categories without problem. I usually set things like glasses as not available for nightwear, underwear and swimwear but then they are available for everyday and outerwear - makes sense to me.

Thinking about it, that would work as a workaround. Anything you want to use just for one clothing category only (all my scarfs are now set as necklaces for instance), use the jewellery bins, things you want to take off in certain circumstances (glasses) can be set as accessories. That might be what I did - it's so long since I did it, I can't remember.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 1:21 PM
Thank you all for the replies The idea of changing categories in SimPE or Wardrobe confuses me a big time, so maybe you could direct me to some sites that already have scarves categorized as outwear accessories? Any scarf is good I just wish very badly that my simmies wouldn't go swimming with their scarves on nor would they keep them at home.