Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 9:18 PM
Default Premade Celebrity Status
How do you deal with celebrity status in your game? Is it only for those in the acting/singing careers? What about premades - particularly, premades that also exist in other games?

Specifically, do you give the Bella and Mortimor Goth celebrity status? If so, right at the start, or does it start when they turn into adults? They're certainly celebrities in the Sims franchise. What about their parents? Specifically, the Goth parents? They're wealthy and established in Sunset Valley, so are they considered celebrities? What about the Langraab family? Tons of things are named after the Langraabs. Alto? That's just talking about Sunset Valley.

If you give them celebrity status, what levels?

(Sorry for the quiz-like nature of this post, I'm just trying to bring up all the questions in my mind, you don't necessarily have to answer evey one of them.)

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Advertisement
Scholar
#3 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 6:19 AM Last edited by Elynda : 9th Dec 2017 at 11:59 AM.
When I use the celebrity system at all it is usually with sims whose careers would naturally tend to earn them celebrity status, such as the movie, music or sports careers. And they have to earn it, starting from the bottom. If there are no celebs in the town to begin with (in non EA worlds that I have populated myself) I usually seed the place with a few celebrities of various levels, so that my own sims can interact with them. And here again I try to pick sims that might well be celebrities: ones who are rich, or or in appropriate careers.

There is, of course, a downside to playing celebrities: the annoying paparazzi for one, and suddenly getting publicly disgraced at some crucial point in the game (like when they're just about to be married). Particularly annoying was playing a celebrity martial artist: every time she went out to Shang SImla to spar with other sims she'd get publicly disgraced for getting into a fight!

I rarely play pre-made families, although I am playing the Goths in one save at the moment. Mortimer has recently aged up to a teen and has just started dating Bella, Gunther has died, and Cornelia isn't long for this world. None of them are celebs, although there is another sim living with them who is. That means there are paparazzi hanging about the garden half the night, and it is great fun to watch their reactions to the resident ghosts of Goth Manor.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor