Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 3:45 PM
Default Temporary beds-type objects
Hey everyone!

My fourth generation are starting to grow up into children, and I want them to be able to have sleepovers with each other. And my game is rather lacking in the realistic temp bed department. I used to have a sleeping bag by steffor back in the day but it was not very realistic looking. I've been trying to google but I mostly find real life adverts. I did find a camping set by raynuss that was mentioned in the creative/nifty design thread, but it was too outdoorsy.

Basically I am looking for beds that would look realistic when used indoor as a bed for a temporary guest. Camp beds, inflatable mattresses/air beds, sleeping bags. Roll-up mattresses you put on the floor. While I could just place a regular bed, I'd like something that gives that sleeover feel I use inaccessible beds mod and I don't mind if they float or look weird as they are getting in, but I'd like them to actually be under the covers when they sleep.

Anyone happen to have any in their game that they like?

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 4:18 PM
The site is mostly in German and has Photobucketitis, but I use Ludwig's Gaestebett Luftikuss all the time and it can be found here .

They look funny sleeping on it and the covers don't animate, but it's only $10.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#3 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 7:51 PM
I've used Atavera's double and single floor mattresses: http://www.modthesims.info/download...815#post1530815
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 9:25 PM
I have the atavera ones too, but they seem to have been moved too low. They are in shadow, which makes me think the game perceives them as below ground. The Ludwig one looks great, but the non-animated covers and sleeping funny is a dealbreaker. I record by game in photos, and if it's going to be wonky I might as well use a regular bed But thank you both for the suggestions!

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#5 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 10:18 PM
You could use Lamare's sofa bed. It is a sofa that converts to a bed. http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...096#post5253096
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 10:35 PM
That is a great suggestion for longer house guests, thank you But would still like something I can put in the kids room for the night.

Field Researcher
#7 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I have the atavera ones too, but they seem to have been moved too low. They are in shadow, which makes me think the game perceives them as below ground.

Well, that's strange. I'm using those beds excessively in my game and I never had that problem. o.O The only thing I can think of is that it might be because I use the Radiance Lighting mod?

When I was younger, we actually had a sofa-bed in the living room and when I had a friend over for a sleepover, we would sometimes sleep there. So, that might be an idea as well.

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal