Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 11:01 PM
Default Different/random weed mesh, possible?
Just wondering here. It's probably possible to default the weed mesh/texture, like any other mesh & texture, but would it be possible to add different versions and have the game picking which one to spawn randomly?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 11:23 PM
Not sure how the weeds work but if they work like the waterlily, then it should be possible to do that. Numenor has a waterlily clone template somewhere here at MTS, I used it to make flowers once and it was really easy to do.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 6:09 AM
Except, the waterlily can be placed by the player, while the weeds are generated after a dog pees outside, on the grass...and aren't placeable by the player.
Thank you.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 7:30 AM
PBK has a whole range of flowers that you can default the weeds into. Perhaps download the set and look at it in SimPE to see how they made it. I think it's by fracturedmoonlight/Frac.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 12:17 PM
That shouldn't be a problem - the weeds are still an object just like a flower, they're just an object which is created by a BHAV instead of bought by the player. So making the object is no different, but integrating the randomness will require some BHAVing. It might even be easier not to default replace the weeds, but to create a set of weed objects and then override the game's BHAVs to pick one of the objects at random instead of always going for the EA original.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 12:51 PM
Adding options to the default weed is what i am after, not defaulting it, and thank you all.

Lab Assistant
#7 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 5:17 PM Last edited by cedrigo : 13th Sep 2017 at 5:40 PM.
Yes it's possible to add multiple meshes to an object
First, you must add the mesh name in the string ressource STR# 0x85 (Model - names)
For example, let's say you add "plantBonsai" in the line number 2
Then if you trigger the following BHAV :

prim 0x0002 Expression (Stack Object's default graphic := Literal 0x0002)
prim 0x0002 Expression (Stack Object's graphic := Stack Object's default graphic)
prim 0x0007 Refresh (Stack Object's graphic)

your object should turn into bonzaï

First I would recommand to try this on a single tile object you're familiar with
Make it as a new interaction you can trigger with your sims
Once you made it work, I can help you to make it autonomous and random
But one step at a time is better
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 7:00 PM
Thank you so much! That is very nice. I'll go make some dandelions and some buttercups...

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 10:58 PM Last edited by cedrigo : 13th Sep 2017 at 11:09 PM.
By the way, I forgot to say that the name you should enter in the string ressource is the CRES name.
And if it is some custom content made by you (I mean this is not another mesh already in the game) then you should add ##0x1C050000! before the name.

For example if your CRES name is "dandelions" and its custom group number is 0x1C050000 then you should enter :
##0x1C050000!dandelions
in the string ressource.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 2:45 AM
Perfect. thank you again.

Scholar
#11 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 5:09 PM
Just a thought, why not different weeds for different seasons and/or for different Bon Voyage destinations.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 5:53 PM
For different seasons..hummm...I'd go with a different subset recolor, as these weeds in fall would look dead. But does it really make sense that weed grows already dead? It defy logic.
And in winter..weeds would simply not grow. Do they in the game though..?

Scholar
#13 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 6:23 PM
Yes, the weeds were never updated since basegame and don't recognise seasons. The default weeds mesh has five morphs but none are ever used, plant morphs for dormant would not be used in weeds so they wouldn't grow 'dead'.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 8:50 PM
Ok thank you.