Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 8:31 PM Last edited by lloyd118 : 9th Dec 2016 at 2:30 AM.
Default Solved -Lots on Chunk boundaries
Ok I know I did ask this a while ago but, I just want to provide a photo this time so people can see what i actually mean and might be able to help. With this world thats quite small I'm making I have some lots actually on the chunk boundary lines, is this ok or will it cause issues? Please no mean comments, Thanks
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 9:47 PM
No, this shouldn't cause any issues.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thesims1depot
No, this shouldn't cause any issues.

Thanks for replying, I hope not, I think I heard somewhere it can cause textures on the buildings to look weird on one side of the chunk, but I really have no idea.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 12:13 AM
I have read something about that, but I can't really remember much about it. The way I remember it though was to do with big worlds ease loading times if you distribute the load a bit more evenly.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I have read something about that, but I can't really remember much about it. The way I remember it though was to do with big worlds ease loading times if you distribute the load a bit more evenly.
Yeah this world is small though but i maybe could arrange them like this, though the boundary line is still very close and does go through a some of them still.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 9:14 AM
The lot textures are rendered depending on what you have your 'High Detail Lots' setting on, up to a maximum of eight at a time. So, only eight lots will be rendered high res- no matter what chunk they are on. It just depends on your camera location.

The chunk boundaries only determine how world objects are rendered. Sim Guru Sarah gave some comments here:
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/g70enl

I have lots placed on chunk boundaries in a world I've played for many Sim generations, with no problems.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 11:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
The lot textures are rendered depending on what you have your 'High Detail Lots' setting on, up to a maximum of eight at a time. So, only eight lots will be rendered high res- no matter what chunk they are on. It just depends on your camera location.

The chunk boundaries only determine how world objects are rendered. Sim Guru Sarah gave some comments here:
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/g70enl

I have lots placed on chunk boundaries in a world I've played for many Sim generations, with no problems.
This has helped me understand better, thank you. At first I was really worried all my lots would tear or be blurred mostly, but if I set high detail lots on it should be fine if I'm near that area? I did read the link you sent, what does LOD stand for?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 2:08 PM
Level of Detail- so when you are near the lots they are displayed in high LOD, and when you move away from them they are rendered in low LOD. The same for all objects on a chunk, when you move away from that chunk.

By the way, for Sim Guru Sarah's last point, trees do have to be on the same layer (and same chunk) to group.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 4:12 PM Last edited by lloyd118 : 11th Nov 2016 at 4:32 PM.
Level of Detail- so when you are near the lots they are displayed in high LOD, and when you move away from them they are rendered in low LOD. The same for all objects on a chunk, when you move away from that chunk.

By the way, for Sim Guru Sarah's last point, trees do have to be on the same layer (and same chunk) to group.
Ah so would objects i place on those lots look funny even if i were pretty close or?
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 2:36 PM
No, objects that are on a lot are rendered as part of the lot.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 9:23 PM Last edited by lloyd118 : 12th Nov 2016 at 9:36 PM.
No, objects that are on a lot are rendered as part of the lot.
Ok thanks, I might be releasing this world for others to so worried about things like lots on chunks I thought it was really bad for the actual game or somthing XD