Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 10:37 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life
Default Roof Holes
I don't really know when this started to happen since im not into buliding homes, but i noticed holes in all my premade houses and the hose im building at the moment. How can i fix this?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 3:01 PM
I think you may need to redesign the roofs. Roofs have a tendency to delete roof sections under them, but they get overly enthusiastic about it and delete bits that you wanted to keep. In screenshot 3, you can get rid of the holes if you sacrifice the bar and just make that part of the hipped roof a single entity. But I have no idea about how to get rid of the other holes other than a complete redesign of the roof or using roof decorations to hide them.

If you have Seasons, and weather effects are anything like it was in Sims 2, you can put a floor under the roof to make an attic room and keep the weather out of the rest of the house. But the attic is still going to be "Outdoors" even if it's got a complete roof. (So don't put a bedroom up there.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 7:03 PM Last edited by poisson : 24th Mar 2019 at 7:20 PM. Reason: adding a screenshot
Hi!

I once had this problem on my previous computer, but the problem did disappear one day for some (unknown, but fortunate) reason! Everything indeed, and fortunately, came back to normal: I could make nice roofs without glitches again! However, the problem is now back and I can't get rid of it! It's anyway NOT AT ALL a problem of "redesigning roofs" or something. For one simple reason: it doesn't always do that, it doesn't always happen this way, in an installed game. So, either it's because of a piece of CC (I do have CC in my game, both in .sims3pack and in .package) or it's another type of bug. But it is necessarily fixable: because not *everyone* has got *this* *all the time*, so it's definitely fixable.......

Any other idea, please?

[I have bought and am now using a new powerful gamer desktop PC on which The Sims 2 doesn't work at all... So, if EVEN The Sims 3 gets glitches, I would be very disappointed and a tiny bit upset...]

Thank you very much for any help.

poisson

Lab Assistant
#5 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 7:57 PM
Hi @nitromon, it doesn't work, the glitch remains... :/ Thanks anyway for your tip... :/
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 8:43 PM
I have put a screenshot, just above. You know, I'm not a beginner at all in building in The Sims 1, 2, 3 and 4... I'm pretty sure that it's a bug of a certain sort, because I did such roofs in the past without getting such glitches...
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 2:33 AM
Oh, @nitromon, no need to apologize. There was nothing rude from you, don't worry.
The roof that I'm trying to build isn't that complex, and would have worked... There is definitely something wrong that could be back to normal... Difficult to identify the problem, though...