Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 7:12 AM
Default Control Townies?
Hi this my first post, so go easy on me. Inspired by The SIMs Bustin Out I started to make a sims nudist resort. My Sims are no problem but the towies are. Is there a way to control towines or get them to wear what I want them to when I want them to?

If you can ride a unicycle, play "classical gass" on a banjo, and fire raw oysters out of a snorkle all at the same time, I'll say you have talent.
Advertisement
#2 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 8:37 AM
You could try Merola's mind control mirror available on this site.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 11:30 PM
Looks good but I feel uneasy using hacked objects. All I need them to do is change their clothes.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 8:27 AM
Without a hack, you can't tell any of your family sims to become naked and stay naked, let alone Townies. You have to choose to either use hacks or do without your nudist resort.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 4:41 PM
With my sims I just have them change into the invisible clothes I made. You can put lockers in communitee lots. Does this Nudist pack that
I have heard about let you control townies?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#6 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 5:04 PM
I don't believe you can control townies without a hack. If you could, you wouldn't need to download anything to do it, it would already be in the game you bought.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 5:08 PM
That's EXACTLY how it is..
you're not supposed to control townies
so..no hack...no control :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 5:46 PM
Does the nudist pack let you control townies?
Test Subject
#9 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 5:56 PM
Try enabling the testing cheats, then Shift-click on the sim you want. I think Make Selectable is an option on there.
Test Subject
#10 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 5:57 PM
No, the nudist pack does not let you control townies. I personally think the mind control mirror would be a much safer option than using the testing cheats.
Test Subject
#11 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 7:41 PM
I agree. The Mind Control mirror is the way to go. It has yet to cause me any problems.
Instructor
#12 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 8:40 PM
There's an object that comes with the Working npcs pack, it's called the DMA teleporter. You can get it at www.valdea.com, you do have to register, but the object is in the free working npcs starter pack.

Basically, it looks like a yellow security alarm and is in the misc section. Among other things, it can change everyone on a lot to a certain type of clothing including naked.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 3:36 AM
Well the mirror worked like a charm. Eden Resort is now open; I'll send photos of the lot when I get the time. Thanks for the help. :D
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 3:48 AM
Pandora Sims under Programs and files (free) has a nudist hack but it only works with Sims 2 not Uni. Just click on your Sim not matter where it's from and click the pie undress.