Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#51 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
I admit my goof in my previous post. It seems my SimPE filetable was set to ignore EPs or something and thus it wasn't recognizing the Global BHAV you used. Hence the "unknown BHAV" issue. Sorry about that.

Can you attach your updated version so I can see exactly what you have done?

i added lightning to try to make my interaction a little more exciting but i really need some effects like the love potion or something, but anyway i attached the powerscope and the social plugin. i didnt attach the social interaction because i need the plugin working first and im pretty confident about the interaction. Here it is and good luck.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  deathdealers-powerscope.zip (117.2 KB, 23 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#52 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 8:32 AM Last edited by maybesomethingdunno : 14th Oct 2011 at 8:46 AM.
Hmmm...okay. Just a few things:

1) Whenever you are making a multi-tile object, you should make sure you give each OBJD a new, unique GUID. I noticed the other telescope OBJDs have GUIDs of a different range than the one you gave the main OBJD and I just wanted to check.

2) Node 2 of your "Interaction-Summon Power" BHAV is not doing what you likely think it is doing. When you want to set a value, use must use ":=" (such as "Temp 0x2 := Literal 0x5" meaning "Set Temp 0x2 to have the value of Literal 0x5"). The double equal sign, "==", is an evaluation (such as "Is Temp 0x2 equal to Literal 0x5?"). Since variables seem to be initialized as zero by default, I got a "Animation speed cannot be zero" error as Temp 2 was not initialized as you had intended.

3) For some reason, at least some animations occasionally return "False." The Animate Sim node (node 3) of your "Interaction-Summon Power" BHAV has a return "Error" on its "False Target" path and my game ran into it (resulting in a "Undefined Transition" error as it should whenever a BHAV returns Error).

4) For your "Sub - Inventory Check (shard)" BHAV, I would recommend you delete nodes 0, 3, and 4. This will leave Node 0 as "[prim 0x0002] Expression (Stack Object ID 0x0000 := Literal 0x0000)" and node 1 as "[prim 0x0033] Manage Inventory (Set To Next Token Of GUID, ..." (which should return "True" for the "True Target" and "False" for the "False Target." I think that should be all that is necessary. Your node 4 has a "True Target" leading to an undefined node, 0x001F.

5) This is perhaps a bit nit-picking and I apologize. On your "Go To Relative Position" BHAV, have the "False Target" path return "False" rather than "Error." This way, if for example the action is canceled from the Sim's queue, the interaction will not throw an Error when the BHAV follows the "False Target" path on the routing node. The Sim will instead just end the interaction and will move on with its life.

I did not encounter a "stack number out of range" error. If you are still getting the error, please post the error log along with any of the .package files you have updated.

Here is a list of some base game effects if you are interested. It may not be complete and, of course, the EPs added many more.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#53 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
Hmmm...okay. Just a few things:

1) Whenever you are making a multi-tile object, you should make sure you give each OBJD a new, unique GUID. I noticed the other telescope OBJDs have GUIDs of a different range than the one you gave the main OBJD and I just wanted to check.

2) Node 2 of your "Interaction-Summon Power" BHAV is not doing what you likely think it is doing. When you want to set a value, use must use ":=" (such as "Temp 0x2 := Literal 0x5" meaning "Set Temp 0x2 to have the value of Literal 0x5"). The double equal sign, "==", is an evaluation (such as "Is Temp 0x2 equal to Literal 0x5?"). Since variables seem to be initialized as zero by default, I got a "Animation speed cannot be zero" error as Temp 2 was not initialized as you had intended.

3) For some reason, at least some animations occasionally return "False." The Animate Sim node (node 3) of your "Interaction-Summon Power" BHAV has a return "Error" on its "False Target" path and my game ran into it (resulting in a "Undefined Transition" error as it should whenever a BHAV returns Error).

4) For your "Sub - Inventory Check (shard)" BHAV, I would recommend you delete nodes 0, 3, and 4. This will leave Node 0 as "[prim 0x0002] Expression (Stack Object ID 0x0000 := Literal 0x0000)" and node 1 as "[prim 0x0033] Manage Inventory (Set To Next Token Of GUID, ..." (which should return "True" for the "True Target" and "False" for the "False Target." I think that should be all that is necessary. Your node 4 has a "True Target" leading to an undefined node, 0x001F.

5) This is perhaps a bit nit-picking and I apologize. On your "Go To Relative Position" BHAV, have the "False Target" path return "False" rather than "Error." This way, if for example the action is canceled from the Sim's queue, the interaction will not throw an Error when the BHAV follows the "False Target" path on the routing node. The Sim will instead just end the interaction and will move on with its life.

I did not encounter a "stack number out of range" error. If you are still getting the error, please post the error log along with any of the .package files you have updated.

Here is a list of some base game effects if you are interested. It may not be complete and, of course, the EPs added many more.

thanks a ton, that fixed ALL of the errors. i know this is, what, 1-2 weeks after your post? sorry about that, i already made the changes you posted the day you posted them. The only thing that i'm having trouble with is the anim speed. right now it goes like 4 sim hours for the anim to play all the way out, so how do i make this normal speed?(around a couple of sim minutes). Other than that everythings working exactly the way i want it to.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#54 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 6:15 AM Last edited by maybesomethingdunno : 27th Oct 2011 at 6:29 AM.
The wiki entry should have all the info you need: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=0x006A

I think there are two ways to edit animation speed.
If you have your operands like:
00 00 00 20 00 00 81 00
00 0A 00 00 00 FF 00 00

It is the operand with the 20 that controls speed. The 20 is the normal speed in forward direction (yes, you can have animations play backwards at different speeds too ). Alternatively, you could have the speed in Temp2 if you are using the wizard (this is for object animations, but you can see a picture here). But I think this accomplishes the same thing.

Good job on getting all the errors fixed.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Test Subject
#55 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 8:29 PM
Hey guys, long time no talk (I've been busy with school lately)
Well, I've been working on this again and wondered if one of you could tell me what was wrong with this. There's no error, it just doesn't do what it's supposed to. I'm attaching the package, and the BHAV I need help with is instance 1003 (Set Social and Relationship Change). I'm trying to make it so that I can adjust the relationship change separately depending on how high the relationship from person B to A is. Right now I thought I had made it so that if their relationship was over 40, there would be no change (so it's easier to test), but they still take a relationship hit either way. What am I doing wrong with the relationship test?
Thanks
Attached files:
File Type: rar  xSkyBirdxWerewolfAttackSim.rar (10.2 KB, 17 downloads) - View custom content
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#56 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 3:24 AM
At first glance it looks okay. Could you try changing both targets (true and false) to error on lines 0x2 and 0x4, then run the interaction in debug mode. Then find the error log and post it here? I'd like to know which sims it's operating on, and what values it's finding for the current relationships, and the error log can provide that information.
Test Subject
#57 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
At first glance it looks okay. Could you try changing both targets (true and false) to error on lines 0x2 and 0x4, then run the interaction in debug mode. Then find the error log and post it here? I'd like to know which sims it's operating on, and what values it's finding for the current relationships, and the error log can provide that information.

I did what you said on both of the nodes and ended up with an error log for the werewolf (Person A) that said that the first local was still zero. However, I thought that maybe this was what was supposed to happen because the relationship check part is only supposed to be in affect for the Person B, and I guess the Person A check comes first. So, I put node 0x4 back to normal and left 0x2 and ran another test. Here's what I think is the relevant part of the error log.

Code:
Object id: 228
name: N002_User00742 - Morgana
Stack size: 7
Error: Undefined Transition.
Iterations: 12  
Frame 6:
Stack Object id: 238
Stack Object name: xSkyBirdx_Werewolf_Interactions_Controller
Node: 2
Tree: id 4099 name 'Set Social & Relationship Change' version -32759     from Social_Fight_Attack_Werewolf
Prim state: 0     
Params:    Locals: -22 0

As you can see, this time the error log was for Morgana, my vampy test subject (Person B) as expected. For some reason, the first local (where the relationship is supposed to be stored) is listed as -22, even though before the test both of their STRs for each other were +100 and I had dragged both of their LTRs for each other to +60. I have no idea where that -22 is coming from.

On another, but possibly related topic, after I reset the error, Morgana took a relationship hit that brought her STR with the attacker to -2 (decrease of 102) and her LTR to -22 (decrease of 88), along with becoming furious. I'm assuming that the BHAV continued to node 0xD, where I have the adjust relationship global with the STR param as -6 and the LTR param as -2. So, the STR hit was 17x more than I entered and the LTR hit was 44x more..? I still haven't figured out how the magnitude of the hit is determined, though I do know that setting these to 0 does result in no hit at all. Do you know how exactly this works and whether this would effect what value is recorded when I try to set a local to whatever relationship?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ObjectError_N002_t44045.rar (9.7 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#58 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 8:19 PM
Aha! I think I found the problem! I removed all the rivalry and becoming furious code that I had left in from the original BHAV because I wanted to make sure it wasn't interfering with my tests. However, even after removing it, the losing sim would still become furious with the winner. So, I looked through some of the other BHAVS to see where that was coming from, and there was some more furious code in with the memory and want satisfaction (thanks for being confusing, EA), so I got rid of that and tested it again- whee, it appears to work now! So, that was kinda stupid.. their relationships must have been being changed before it even got to the relationship check! Plus, now the relationship decrease is actually what I set it to... Anyway thanks for your help! I hadn't thought of setting errors like that to figure out what was going on, and that will definitely be useful in the future!
Page 3 of 3