Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Canning Station and Custom Canning Skill (Update 17th April 2019)

by icemunmun Posted 6th Aug 2017 at 7:04 PM - Updated 14th Aug 2022 at 4:05 PM by icemunmun : Updated to the Get Famous patch

650 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 455 Feedback Posts, 194 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 27
Test Subject
#101 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 1:42 PM
Thank you for crating this amazing mod!
I have noticed two immersion breaking things so far. Apple jam is red and it should be white/yellow cause apples aren't red on the inside and strawberry jam is pink but it should be red. Is it possible to fix this or can I fix this myself somehow? Thanks again :^)
Theorist
#102 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by milordeq
When I will do doze he isn't getting the jar but I am supposed with jars inside as it to fix the pot because I have but clean interaction how I will click on the pot
I use Apple from Fruit Seed pack (translate from Polish langunae)

Nie możemy cię zrozumieć.
Napisz swoje pytanie w języku polskim i pozwól nam przetłumaczyć to dla Ciebie.
dodgy builder
#103 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thotney
I have noticed two immersion breaking things so far. Apple jam is red and it should be white/yellow cause apples aren't red on the inside and strawberry jam is pink but it should be red. Is it possible to fix this or can I fix this myself somehow? Thanks again :^)

If apples are red rather depends on weather you pickle them with the skall on, as we call it. Grapes arn't red on the inside either, but still the wine is read. I would also think it depends on what colors she has available. It should be visible what kind of jam it is.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#104 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 7:50 PM Last edited by icemunmun : 10th Aug 2017 at 11:22 PM.

Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
If apples are red rather depends on weather you pickle them with the skall on, as we call it. Grapes arn't red on the inside either, but still the wine is read. I would also think it depends on what colors she has available. It should be visible what kind of jam it is.

Honestly, it never occured to me that apple jam can be anything other than red
I must have been confused by apple flavoured red and strawberry flavoured pink artificial stuffz we get from the market.
But I will like to keep the colours for now .
Test Subject
#105 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 9:43 PM
OMjeeeze, I fixed it. You need to change the Recipe Tuning files for each recipe from:

<T n="all_ingredients_required">True</T>
to
<T n="all_ingredients_required">False</T>

You can still use the ingredients you do have if you leave the box ticked, unticking it just means that it won't use any of your harvestables... I Think...
Test Subject
#106 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 10:03 PM
[QUOTE=icemunmun]Hi,
You need to unzip the .rar files before dropping them in your mods folder

Hi,

Sorry but this is my first time putting mods into my game and I'm not sure how to unzip the .rar file. Could you tell me please?
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#107 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 10:04 PM Last edited by icemunmun : 10th Aug 2017 at 10:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by KimmyGibbler
OMjeeeze, I fixed it. You need to change the Recipe Tuning files for each recipe from:

<T n="all_ingredients_required">True</T>
to
<T n="all_ingredients_required">False</T>
You can still use the ingredients you do have if you leave the box ticked, unticking it just means that it won't use any of your harvestables... I Think...

The true/false in this part of the code defines whether you can make a recipe without ingredients or not. It makes the ingredients optional.
I changed all the ingredient requirement to true ( from the initial false) because i did not want the mod to be too cheaty as this would enable you to make preserves without harvestables and at no craftable cost to you.

I still have those files, if you guys want to make preserves without the harvestables i can upload those too ?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#108 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 10:30 PM
When I go to use this, nothing happens. I have all of the required files/my game is up to date. When I ran the files through a mod conflict detector, it told me that the custom version and the ea version were conflicting(no other conflicts), but I thought you needed both. I also tried deleting one of those in case I was wrong, but that didn't work either. Lol I'm sorry but this so cool and I reaally want to be able to use this. Thank you
Test Subject
#109 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 10:34 PM

I don't know where you live but in my country apples are never red on the inside so apple jam is always yellow or appears dark orange at most. Do you people live in a city? Ever seen real fruit? I'm dead.
Test Subject
#110 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
The true/false in this part of the code defines whether you can make a recipe without ingredients or not. It makes the ingredients optional.
I changed all the ingredient requirement to true ( from the initial false) because i did not want the mod to be too cheaty as this would enable you to make preserves without harvestables and at no craftable cost to you.

I still have those files, if you guys want to make preserves without the harvestables i can upload those too ?

Oh my bad, I knew you knew this already from the fact that you offer it with your other foods, haha just take that part out of the download description so people like me will stop telling you it's borked when it's not. Ps. I totally turned your mod into a super cheaty mod and I'm sorry about that. You don't have to offer it obviously, you can do whatever you want. You made the thing!! <3 < 3
Test Subject
#111 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 4:12 AM
The Canning station and the skill works perfectly in my game. I have been playing around with it and noticed that if you place empty canning jars on the shelves in Buy mode your sim will throw them out in live mode. However they do not touch the made preserves.

BTW thank you for creating this mod. Your awesome. :D
Test Subject
#112 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 6:52 AM
The custom and ea files are conflicting! Is there a way to fix this? when I take out the custom/ea file it works perfectly! someone help!
Test Subject
#113 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 8:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Javo2005
The custom and ea files are conflicting! Is there a way to fix this? when I take out the custom/ea file it works perfectly! someone help!

Also, even though I took out the custom food file I am still having issues with the sims not using the canning station. I still can't use the custom foods, obviously, because I took the file out, but I really want this mod to work because it looks so cool! thank you!
Test Subject
#114 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 9:13 AM
Honestly, it never occured to me that apple jam can be anything other than red
I must have been confused by apple flavoured red and strawberry flavoured pink artificial stuffz we get from the market.
But I will like to keep the colours for now .

Unbelievable. It's scary to think when people think about fruit first thing that comes to mind is artificial coloring. I guess I'll change the colors myself then. Thanks for the reply
dodgy builder
#115 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 9:52 AM
I don't know where you live but in my country apples are never red on the inside so apple jam is always yellow or appears dark orange at most. Do you people live in a city? Ever seen real fruit? I'm dead.

As I said grapes arn't red on the inside either From what I know, apples used in apple jam is usually the yellow one's, so perhaps it should be more yellow. If the red apples are used the jam should look more red. I have a highschool degree in agriculture btw, what's your excuse?
Test Subject
#116 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Nie możemy cię zrozumieć.
Napisz swoje pytanie w języku polskim i pozwól nam przetłumaczyć to dla Ciebie.

Kiedy robię drzem po 1 stawia się garnek i trZeba kontynuować a po 2 KIEDY JUŻ ZROBI ZAMIAST DRZEMU DOSTAJE GARNEK KTÓRY MA INTERAKCJĘ SPRZĄTNIJ (UŻYWAM OWOCÓW Z PACZKI NASION Sora za capslook
Test Subject
#117 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 6:30 PM
As I said grapes arn't red on the inside either From what I know, apples used in apple jam is usually the yellow one's, so perhaps it should be more yellow. If the red apples are used the jam should look more red. I have a highschool degree in agriculture btw, what's your excuse?

Ok you may be right that sometimes they appear red but mostly apple jam is known to be yellow. Now explain neon pink strawberry jam and dark green pear jam.
dodgy builder
#118 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 7:04 PM
Now explain neon pink strawberry jam and dark green pear jam.

Because it looks good on a shelf?
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#119 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 7:10 PM
I think I should put a disclaimer on the download post - 'Artificial Colours were used in the manufacture of theses pixel preserves'
dodgy builder
#120 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 7:13 PM
I think I should put a disclaimer on the download post - 'Artificial Colours were used in the manufacture of theses pixel preserves'

Priceless!
Test Subject
#121 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 10:41 PM
I seem to be getting a last exception error... and honestly I dont know what it means. I havent ever really had my mods not work due to an error. My error is <?xml version="1.0"?>
<root>
</root> Any advice to get it to work? It does it every time I click the canning station.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#122 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DearlyDisliked
I seem to be getting a last exception error... and honestly I dont know what it means. I havent ever really had my mods not work due to an error. My error is <?xml version="1.0"?>
<root>
</root> Any advice to get it to work? It does it every time I click the canning station.

That is the full error? Do you have the black plate package ?

P.S. I will answer all the other questions as i read them
Test Subject
#123 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 10:53 PM
Help! The ea food files and custom food files are conflicting! Is there any way to fix this?! Also, when I take the custom food file out, I'm still having issues with sims not using the canning station when told to. I REALLY want this mod to work because it looks so cool!
Test Subject
#124 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 11:04 PM
Dang it, now i'm not sure if that was the correct error. I went back to my last exceptions and the error isn't showing there now, but i'm still getting the error popup in my game. I do have mccc and whicked whims. So i'm pretty positive it may be interfering with one of those. I don't really have any thing else that would conflict with it unless I have another custom food mod in my mods?
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#125 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 11:33 PM Last edited by icemunmun : 12th Aug 2017 at 12:41 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Javo2005
Help! The ea food files and custom food files are conflicting! Is there any way to fix this?! Also, when I take the custom food file out, I'm still having issues with sims not using the canning station when told to. I REALLY want this mod to work because it looks so cool!

Hello, the mod conflictor shows a conflict because there are some common resources I used for both the packages ( and for some of my food mods). it does not necessarily mean that there will be an issue in game.
Do the menus not appear ? Do you have all the files required? Can you test without other mods ?

Quote: Originally posted by DearlyDisliked
Dang it, now i'm not sure if that was the correct error. I went back to my last exceptions and the error isn't showing there now, but i'm still getting the error popup in my game. I do have mccc and whicked whims. So i'm pretty positive it may be interfering with one of those. I don't really have any thing else that would conflict with it unless I have another custom food mod in my mods?

Hi, I use MCCC 3.6 (and ofcourse my own food mods and interactions) and I have no errors popping up. If you can post the Last exception, the issue can be easier to find ! If you are getting an error pop up in game but no LE in the game files, then there is an MCCC issue ?
Page 5 of 27