Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 6:27 AM
Default Hair normal map TGI link problems
So I'm making a very small mesh edit of a basegame hair, and I cannot get the normal map working, no matter what I do - I've made the package using DABOOBS, cloned from scratch using s3oc, manually edited the GEOM TGI links, connecting both to the original texture in the game files and to an imported copy of it - no dice. I am 110% sure the TGI links in all the GEOM files are present and correct, and the normal map is a direct rip from the game files so that can't be the root of the problem here, and the mesh normals are completely fine, so I am sure it's this damn TGI mismatch. Anyone want to poke around in my package and give me a hand? Cheers!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Qahne_afHairTwiggy_DABOOBS.zip (2.70 MB, 4 downloads) - View custom content

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 6:21 PM
I'm not really seeing an issue with the hair, the TGI links seem to be OK. If you're referring to the shininess, I've encountered that before in CAS, but the hair looks fine in-game.

Or is it another issue you're talking about?
Screenshots

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 6th Dec 2018 at 3:42 PM
If it's the shininess, easiest to make it non-shiny in CAS is to edit the shininess shader settings By default its set to 20.

Just click on the GEOM> Grid> ChunkEntries> RCOLBlocks> Mtnf> and collapse every dropdown till you find shininess somewhere usually it's somewhere around the bottom. Just change the value to 0, that's what I usually do.