Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 4:54 PM
Default NRAAS MC help: how to make a sim homeless
Hello,
I know how to move in a homeless sim via NRAAS MasterController, but now I want to do the exact opposite: I want to make some of my active sims homeless since I don't play them actively and I don't want them occupying houses but I want to keep them as bartenders, shopkeepers etc. I know how to "set role" to sims, like maids, repairmen etc. but I couldn't figure out how to make them homeless, so they can occupy homeless roles like bartending? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 7:54 PM
If you use MC to add sims to the Service Pool (the command is Set Service), they will instantly become homeless. Service Sims can never be residents. That doesn't mean you will ever see these sims again, though. The service pool is not as controllable as a "household" as other elements of the game or classes of sims are.

In case there is any confusion here, Service and Role Sims are not the same thing. Service Sims are those called or summoned to your sims' home (usually) to perform their function and must always be homeless. Role Sims staff role giving objects in town like bars, cash registers, bouncer ropes, stylist stations. Role Sims can either be residents or homeless. If we are really or at least somewhat talking about Role Sims with an active object assignment, it should be sufficient to evict them the EA way to make them homeless rather than use a mod command.

In order to add a sim to or remove a sim from a role giving object, NRaas Register is required.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
If you use MC to add sims to the Service Pool (the command is Set Service), they will instantly become homeless. Service Sims can never be residents. That doesn't mean you will ever see these sims again, though. The service pool is not as controllable as a "household" as other elements of the game or classes of sims are.

In case there is any confusion here, Service and Role Sims are not the same thing. Service Sims are those called or summoned to your sims' home (usually) to perform their function and must always be homeless. Role Sims staff role giving objects in town like bars, cash registers, bouncer ropes, stylist stations. Role Sims can either be residents or homeless. If we are really or at least somewhat talking about Role Sims with an active object assignment, it should be sufficient to evict them the EA way to make them homeless rather than use a mod command.

In order to add a sim to or remove a sim from a role giving object, NRaas Register is required.

Thanks for the reply, Igazor. Actually want I want is to be able to create my own colleagues, bartenders etc (not service sims) instead of game-generated pudding faces but not have them living in my town either. Seeing that most of the custom worlds I downloaded and played had pre-created homeless bartender and colleague sims, I thought there must be an easy way to make sims homeless after creating them. What does evicting them the "EA way" do exactly? Doesn't it put them in the library? But I don't want them to disappear, I just want them to be uncontrollable NPCs.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 6:28 PM
If you evict an assigned Role Sim, or evict a sim and then use Register to give them a Role Assignment, they may or may not stay homeless. If you use NRaas StoryProgression and have it set to NOT Manage the Homeless, and Overwatch to NOT Cleanup the Homeless, the mods should leave them alone but otherwise they may try to move into another home or with friends, or they may be removed from the game. I don't mean saving them down to the bin (Library), I mean kicking them out of their homes.

Generally speaking, the homeless population is volatile unlike the resident population. I've had homeless Role (and Service) Sims stay in my game their entire lives, although they can cause issues upon aging up along the way if they get age-stuck, but this isn't something that can really be counted upon. If they lose their Role (or Service) assignment along the way, they may disappear from your town/game. I've always said that if you like your Role Sims and want to hold onto them, they really need to be residents. I don't have space for all of my Role Sims to be that in most of my worlds, but usually a few carefully chosen households of them here and there or one or two each living with another household, those I can make room for.

My game does not generate many zero slider sims (pudding faces) when new homeless sims are called upon to form. StoryProgression with its SP Population module has settings to provide for more genetic variation than EA's does.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 11:51 AM
@Huge Lunatic will this be locked too?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 3:03 PM
We have never gotten any indication from the management here that relatively uncomplicated NRaas questions, posts about how players leverage the mods, funny things that happen along the way, etc. are off-topic especially as so many players use them. If this were the case, I would hope that they would tap us on the shoulder and let us know.

There is a big difference between that and attempting to set up a place on the forum for NRaas mod support questions generally when the support already exists elsewhere, same as with any other mod where the development and support mechanisms are still active.