Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 8:44 PM
Default How to modify clothing options for Social Events such as Black/White party?
Hi all,

I have what is hopefully a simple question. Is anyone able to help me locate in the game files (and potentially to modify) the list of outfits / clothing items that Sims 4 uses when pulling outfits for Social Events, e.g. the Black and White party or the Incognito Costume party? Directing me to the right place is most important, but I'd be eternally grateful for any pointers on how to go about editing these, as I have no modding experience and no interest in making any modifications beyond making some changes to these clothing lists. For example, if I wanted to modify the Black and White party to allow a hat on the list of options, or (gasp) an ill-fitting red-colored tuxedo instead of the usual black and white ones, where would I need to look in order to do this?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 9:36 PM
Moving to Create > CAS Parts. I seem to recall this is controlled by uniform flags in the outfits, not by general situation tuning for the events (basically, you tell the outfit "you can go to the party", instead of telling the party to allow the outfit).

How to edit those flags, see this tutorial: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=560292 -- the party uniform stuff is set individually per recolour (i.e. it's in the Recolour Manager tab, not in the General Properties one. If you want to edit game items you need to create an override first (Cloning Tool > Clone Game CAS Parts and select "Default Replacement" at the bottom), then open and modify that; if your red tuxedo is custom you can edit that package directly (Clone Package Editor tab).

I'm not 100% sure if there's more you need to do than just edit the flags, perhaps someone else can add/correct if I'm missing something.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 3:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Moving to Create > CAS Parts. I seem to recall this is controlled by uniform flags in the outfits, not by general situation tuning for the events (basically, you tell the outfit "you can go to the party", instead of telling the party to allow the outfit).

How to edit those flags, see this tutorial: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=560292 -- the party uniform stuff is set individually per recolour (i.e. it's in the Recolour Manager tab, not in the General Properties one. If you want to edit game items you need to create an override first (Cloning Tool > Clone Game CAS Parts and select "Default Replacement" at the bottom), then open and modify that; if your red tuxedo is custom you can edit that package directly (Clone Package Editor tab).

I'm not 100% sure if there's more you need to do than just edit the flags, perhaps someone else can add/correct if I'm missing something.

Thank you for moving this thread to the appropriate place!

This is great. Under Clone Package Editor -> Recolor Manager -> Property Flags, I'm seeing "Uniform: BlackAndWhiteParty" for many of the items that are eligible for the black/white party. This is exactly what I was looking for. I have just a few brief follow-up questions:

1) Is there any way to "search" property flags of all items, either with or without cloning every single item in the game? Basically, I'm trying to see if there is some way I can find all of the items/recolors with Uniform: BlackAndWhiteParty... or do I just need to use trial and error to find all of the recolors that have that flag? It seems difficult to get a full list of all of the items/recolors that are eligible for a specific Social Event.

2) Is there an object in Cloning Tool for "no item"? To use an example, for some reason it seems like ever since I installed Get Together, every female sim now wears gloves (either yfAcc_GlovesSophisticate:white or yfAcc_GlovesSuperVillain:black ... those seem to be the only two options). Prior to installing Get Together, they would sometimes not wear either of those gloves. Is there a way to set "no gloves" to have a BlackAndWhiteParty flag?

3) Probably the easiest question: is following this guide sufficient for installing the resulting .package files after I modify the flags and save? I just need to put them into the Mods folder like any other CC?

Thanks again.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 4:07 AM
I'm not sure if one can search for flags in TS4CASTools, I'm not familiar enough with it -- @CmarNYC will surely know.

You can search for those tags in s4pe in any case -- open program files /Origin Games/The Sims 4/Data/ClientDeltaBuild0, top menu > Tools > Search, then search for 0x02AA (that is the hex value of that black-and-white tag) and filter for "CASP" in the filter box. That will give you a list of the CAS parts that have that flag, you can see the name (like "yfBody_CocktailDressShort_black") at the top of the preview. If you want to change the flags in some of those you could also C+P them in a new package directly (do not mess with the actual game files!) and do your thing there, instead of going through CASTools one by one. Save the new package in /Mods and there you have an override.

How to make them wear no gloves I have no idea.

Yes you just need to put your packages in /Mods, that's all.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#5 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 12:45 PM
Having CAS Tools filter by tags is an interesting idea, and I may add that ability.

The only way I can think of to have a 'no gloves' option would be to make custom invisible gloves tagged for the event you want. You could try setting the flags to make them not show up in CAS. Possibly the percent chance the sim is assigned gloves is in the tuning and could be adjusted also.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
The only way I can think of to have a 'no gloves' option would be to make custom invisible gloves tagged for the event you want. You could try setting the flags to make them not show up in CAS. Possibly the percent chance the sim is assigned gloves is in the tuning and could be adjusted also.

Hmm... yes, I wouldn't be surprised if there is (or used to be) a percent chance. Prior to installing Get Together, that chance seemed to be nonzero; sometimes they would not wear gloves. Ever since I installed Get Together, gloves are always selected. After rooting around a bit, I can't seem to find any kind of chance setting for this.

It's also possible that some other patch changed this. I did stop playing for a couple months prior to Get Together, but when I started playing again and noticed this change, I updated the game and installed Get Together all at once.

I don't have invisible custom content gloves to add to the game. I was hoping that "absence of gloves" (or any other accessories -- gloves aren't the only item I care about) would be item options, but I can't seem to find anything like that. Not a huge deal, I suppose; I can find some of the minimalistic gloves and give them a Black and White party flag too, for the time being.