Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 11:33 PM
Default Toddlers pass out right away instead of crawling around hack
I find it annoying that when toddlers run out of energy, instead of just passing out they crawl around for like half an hour before finally passing out. So you either have to wait before being able to wake them up to pick them up, or you have to force error them. I always force error them. Ain't nobody got time for dat!

Is there a hack that allows them to just... pass out?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 11:37 PM
If you want toddlers to be able to put themselves to bed, there are toddler blankets. If you just want sims to be able to put tired toddlers in cribs, I use macrotastics and click on the toddler and say "Macro->Procrastinate" which forces them to sit still until the adult has picked them up. Macro->Procrastinate is super useful for all adult-toddler interactions, actually.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 11:43 PM
Why do you want them to pass out? Toddler beds are the easiest way for toddler sleep needs. The toddler changes into pj's, goes to bed, sleeps then wakes up, gets up, changing back to day clothes. They will usually put themselves to bed at about 3/4 tiredness. No need for passing out or picking up.
There are plenty right here on MTS in the download section. I rather like the ikea beds myself. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=464847 but there are plenty of others to choose from.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 9:59 AM
I didn't want them to pass out it's just that when they do pass out (which happens quite a lot in my very large families) it shouldn't be such a pain in the ass. But thank you both, I didn't know about toddler beds! That will make things hella more convenient! 14 years later...

Maybe I'll never need to hear toddler screams again!!! Oh my God the joy!! :D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 10:15 AM
You might also like a never-ending never go bad bottle/sippy cup. There are many to choose from at Moonlight dragon. Just drop one on the floor and the toddler can feed themselves. https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/moo...it=sippy#p15397 Just buy one from the catalogue.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#6 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 1:07 PM
The toddler beds are really cute, but I haven't seen any with animations I really like, so, in some households, I just expect my toddlers to fall asleep in the doggy bed. But, I also use a few mods to make parents into better parents, so the infants and toddlers don't get so hungry or sleepy without someone taking care of them autonomously.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...ies#post5358587
Mad Poster
#7 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 4:25 PM
I use the pet beds far too much. XD And the um pet food. In every house I have pets and toddlers I am a bad sim parent lol. In non pets houses they use the sleep mat. Once they're potty trained all my sims have to do is feed them and bathe them occasionally. I'm pretty sure that RL toddlers aren't this easy. XD
Theorist
#8 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I am a bad sim parent lol.

Why, yes, yes you are! For shame.

Pideli, you might do better placing some toddler-only pet beds (by MsBarrows @ TSR) images can be seen here in this Google search (first 3 images) and can be downloaded at the Booty if you don't want to bother with TSR. The file name is toddler-onlypetbeds.zip. There is also a floor blanket by HugeLunatic which might help out too.

Now you won't have to be so bothered with getting the kiddies off to bed. If you already have these downloaded, then ignore me.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 8:42 PM
I only used pet beds and pet food in one house where the only adult sim was a vampire who slept all day. This was before I had that hack that made pet beds more effective at restoring toddler energy, so the toddler basically spent all her time eating and sleeping (and cuddling cats for social).
Theorist
#10 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 10:16 PM
@Pideli Toddlers are the easiest sims to have around. With the right furnishings in a house they can actually feed themselves, use the potty, have to be trained first, bath, with CC fountains and a few other objects, put themselves to bed. With maxis and some CC toys, they can autonomously play while gaining any skills. Also socialize with other toddlers, sims or pets. The only things they can't do on their own is learning toddler skills or use the phone. As long as they learn to walk, they can go up and down stairs or go outside to play. No more social worker mod means they can stay home alone. With auto bill payer, they don't need to stand on each other's shoulders to reach the mailbox. I've had 6-8 toddlers live alone just to see how they managed and they all grew up well. Toddlers are the only age that can make sensible choices, they tend to lose the ability as they age. I've never tried just toddlers in an apartment though, not sure if they would encounter an problems there. :lovestruc

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 10:27 PM
I don't think toddlers can climb stairs without a mod, and with that mod it doesn't seem to matter whether they know how to walk or not.
Theorist
#12 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 10:36 PM
I thought the mod said they had to be taught to walk, haven't actually played in awhile since redoing folders, while also working on moving keeps me distracted. (:

Mad Poster
#13 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 10:54 PM
Well, I've definitely had toddlers who hadn't been taught to walk climbing stairs.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 11:09 PM
I've often wished they had to be taught to walk before using the stairs though. I try and simulate it by using a toddler stair gate.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 2:36 AM
I use these two toddler blankets/mattresses. They're small (2 tiles) and easy to place in a small room. Sleepy rugrats just wander over and fall asleep on them.

Atavera - http://www.modthesims.info/download...815#post1530815

Phaenoh (part of a larger set of toddler stuff) - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=316656
Theorist
#16 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 3:00 AM
Depending who's mod you use, it will test to see if they can walk Rebecah mods are here with either option http://modthesims.info/d/283709 I always had someone teach them to walk, it's possible I have the mod requiring it, but it possible I do have the option and didn't realize. Either way, my post was just mentioning how toddlers can fend for themselves where as other ages, seem to have difficulty with decisions. (:

Zirconia Wolf edited or made her own here http://www.simbology.com/smf/index....28024#msg128024

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 6:50 AM
Thanks for the tips! I downloaded some toddler beds and they worked great So happy I don't need to deal with screaming toddlers anymore, they've always been my least favorite life stage

As for the other tips, no social worker mod, walking down stairs, eternity bottles etc... I don't think that's for me. As much as I don't like toddlers, the game should still be challenging and somewhat realistic or I'm going to get bored. But thanks for the suggestions!
Mad Poster
#18 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 8:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
Zirconia Wolf edited or made her own here http://www.simbology.com/smf/index....28024#msg128024

Is this hosted anywhere else? The download timer stays stuck on 60 seconds for me even after I disabled UBlock and UMatrix. Something's broken.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 9:03 AM
Oh no it's 4shared. I never use that as it's suspect. It says the file isn't valid. it would be worth making a new WCIF to see if anyone has it and can upload it to Sim file share.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#20 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 10:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
As for the other tips, no social worker mod, walking down stairs, eternity bottles etc... I don't think that's for me. As much as I don't like toddlers, the game should still be challenging and somewhat realistic or I'm going to get bored. But thanks for the suggestions!

Technically the no social worker and stairs are more realistic. XD RL social workers don't have a magic ball that tells them when a child/toddler is being neglected and toddlers can crawl up and down RL stairs. I don't like the neverending bottles, though. My adult sims don't get infinite food, so why should my toddlers?
Alchemist
#21 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 12:08 PM
I loathe 4shared. As bad as AdFly, imo. Here ya go. Though if asked to take it down, I will (no idea if Zirconia Wolf is still active).

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 12:52 PM
Says last active here 15th Mar 2018 which is long enough.

Also-thank you very much! Lol nearly forgot to say.

~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#23 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 1:13 PM
Technically the no social worker and stairs are more realistic. XD RL social workers don't have a magic ball that tells them when a child/toddler is being neglected and toddlers can crawl up and down RL stairs. I don't like the neverending bottles, though. My adult sims don't get infinite food, so why should my toddlers?

See, yeah, this. I've never understood why people want to make the toddler stage so unrealistically-easy. (Well, OK, I suppose if you just don't like toddlers or don't want to deal with them, I can see why, but it's certainly not "realistic." ) IRL, the toddler stage is the most demanding of all. They can figure out how to do all sorts of things you don't want them to figure out, climb just about anything (We're apes, after all. ), and have not a lick of experience, fear, or common sense in their heads yet. They require lots and lots of attention and care and, in my mind, it should be that way in the game, too.

And having to learn how to walk before they go up and down stairs? Pfft! Both my kids were doing that, with varying levels of success, as soon as they could crawl, which was like...I dunno, six or seven months old? Apes, as I said. And they're supposed to do this stuff; they have soft, bendy bones that are hard to break for a reason. Trying things out and maybe experiencing some pain in the process is how they're supposed to learn what they can and can't do and what can hurt them because otherwise they don't know. It'd actually be nice if the "toddlers can use stairs" mod would carry a possibility of them wiping out and "getting hurt" in the form of a bad mood and/or a motive hit or something, but we can't have everything.

ANYWAY! Yeah, I use some mods, but not to make toddlers easier -- no toddler beds/mats that they can get themselves in and out of, no endless food, I've modded out eating pet food and sleeping in pet beds, etc. (Even though the latter is cute. ) The only thing I use that's slightly unrealistic is the mod that makes babies/toddlers sleep through the night when put to bed after 8PM. That's not entirely realistic, but the cribs are ridiculously, unrealistically energizing, so...yeah. Mostly, I keep the toddlers on a schedule, just as I did with my real kids -- They get put on the potty whenever they're plucked out of a crib and/or just before they're put into one, they eat at certain times, get put down for a nap every day at a certain time, sometimes get taught their skills (but sometimes not; I don't worry about it too much and would actually prefer that they use the time to gain skill points especially in those neighborhood where I use slower skilling mods), get bathed at certain times, and have a regular bedtime. (This is why I don't like and don't often allow nannies in my game; they screw up my sacred schedule!) In between, they're left to their own devices, mostly content to amuse themselves with their toys, either skill-building ones or otherwise, but some are needy/outgoing and like to follow their parents around, pestering them with demands for attention or to be read to. Yeah, that's pretty realistic, too! I generally have very happy toddlers, though. They rarely cry, except to be let out of a crib, because their motives are always attended to, and they always get their "Be snuggled" and "Be played with" and "Be talked to" wants fulfilled because they have attentive parents/older siblings, so they're pretty much always in a platinum mood.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 4:46 PM
Technically the no social worker and stairs are more realistic. XD RL social workers don't have a magic ball that tells them when a child/toddler is being neglected and toddlers can crawl up and down RL stairs.

Haha well when I grew up we had these fence things at the stairs so my little sister wouldn't fall down the stairs. And irl the neighbors or kindergarten teachers could possibly tell the social workers if they noticed something wasn't right with the kids, and we don't have that in the game so the social bitch's crystal ball is a substitute for that... Either way it falls under the "challenge" category that I'd like to keep. In most cases. Haven't thought about having an only-toddler family but that seems quite an interesting challenge now :o
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
They rarely cry, except to be let out of a crib

And that's exactly the cry I can't stand! When I found out I could get rid of it with toddler beds, I didn't hesitate a second.

Sure, I may be making it unrealistically easy now, but I also feel like I have "lived" with sims 2 toddlers for 14 years now, and no one is a toddler for that long irl, lol! So I've had my fair share of "realistic" toddler years already!

Oh also, I've never tried having the toddlers on a schedule, but that wouldn't work in my large families, the adult sims are too busy!
Mad Poster
#25 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 8:51 AM
There is this. http://modthesims.info/d/497904

And it wouldn't work for me either. I'm far too disorganised to put my sims on a schedule. XD
Page 1 of 2