Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2019 at 10:12 PM
Default Buying Sims 2 Domains / dead sites
i Notice that half of the sims 2 sites are dead and i also notice you can buy The Website and Domain and i Was thinking of Rebooting Dead Sims 2 Sites but i Need Help
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 5th Oct 2019 at 2:32 PM
But why?

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#3 Old 5th Oct 2019 at 2:46 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 5th Oct 2019 at 2:57 PM.
A lot of content from missing sites are already archived via the Wayback machine or via sites like Simscave, Graveyard, PMBD/booty, or similar. Some of the sites gave a warning before closing so the content could be saved before the site went down.

Buying the domain most likely don't mean you're buying the content previously available on the site, just the rights for the site name and for a limited time. Taking into account how many dead sites there are, it would be a rather expensive task.

If you want to spend money on Sims sites, you can instead donate to existing player-run sites to help keep them up, because domain names and servers aren't cheap. If you're a CC hoarder, helping out with finding and saving CC from dead sites or helping out with this if a site has announced it is closing down is also something you can do.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 5th Oct 2019 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Buying the domain most likely don't mean you're buying the content previously available on the site.

This is true. Buying a domain is simply buying the name. Domain and host are not mutually exclusive. If you buy the two as a package, they're still separate entities. The content of the Sims 2 would have been taken down/deleted before the domain expired.

.:: B2SIMS.com ::.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Oct 2019 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
A lot of content from missing sites are already archived via the Wayback machine or via sites like Simscave, Graveyard, PMBD/booty, or similar. Some of the sites gave a warning before closing so the content could be saved before the site went down.

Buying the domain most likely don't mean you're buying the content previously available on the site, just the rights for the site name and for a limited time. Taking into account how many dead sites there are, it would be a rather expensive task.

If you want to spend money on Sims sites, you can instead donate to existing player-run sites to help keep them up, because domain names and servers aren't cheap. If you're a CC hoarder, helping out with finding and saving CC from dead sites or helping out with this if a site has announced it is closing down is also something you can do.
true but i'm thinking about rebooting it