Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 4:50 PM Last edited by Fyren5 : 31st Jan 2019 at 1:43 AM.
Default [SOLVED] WCIF: "ymtopcrazybody" converted for Adult Males (if it exists!)
WCIF the "ymtopcrazybody" from University pack converted for adults (if it even exists)? Some of my Young Adult males wear this in my game and I can't find a converted version of it for adult males. When they graduate University, it's weird seeing their tattoos randomly just POOF in thin air. I kinda like how it looked, too.

I tried to search for one but nothing comes up if I put "ymtopcrazybody" except the Sims2DefaultDatabase which isn't what I'm looking for. It probably doesn't exist but that's OK, worth a try.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 5:12 PM
Have you checked if it's part of this mod? Here's another mod for all exp's, but you can pick and choose
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 5:49 PM Last edited by Fyren5 : 30th Jan 2019 at 6:20 PM.
Ooooh, the first Mod looks like what I'm looking for! Also the second looks interesting to me.

I have defaults for some of the YA/Adult/Elder clothing though, won't that conflict with the Mods?

Edit: Tried the first Mod, some of the Uni outfits showed up but not the top that I'm looking for.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 7:57 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 30th Jan 2019 at 8:21 PM.
If you have Seasons, you could just use tattoo overlay boxes instead and then you wouldn't have to worry about what outfit your sims are wearing.

SpaceDoll first made these years ago, but her originals didn't always stick and sometimes had to be re-applied. Rikkulidea fixed them. The Maxis tattoos are near the bottom of this linked page under "THESE OVERLAY BOXES REQUIRE SEASONS". Some of the others ("Sailor Jerry") were fixed again later and are nearer to the top of the page. There are also some male body hair overlays. Just find yourself some default replacements for the Maxis clothes that remove the built-in tattoos and you can now have your sims wear whatever tattoos you want with whatever clothes you want! :lovestruc:

https://rikkulidea.livejournal.com/tag/mod

Here are SpaceDoll's originals so you can see what the "Sailor Jerry" tattoos look like. I haven't seen a conversion of the "Further Adventures" set.
http://www.modthesims.info/browse.p...0&u=75942&f=414

EDIT: I added some screenshots of some Maxis YAs in my test 'hood wearing swimsuits with tattoo and male body hair overlays. Each overlay box has five options on it and they can be combined if you like. These work with teens and up. Teen body hair overlays are different than the adult ones - less dense/hairy, so they may not show up as well on some skin tones.
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 8:41 PM
Adult Males have no shirtless "tops" that I know of, which is what I want for some of my Adult Males (with or without tattoos hehe). I like the option of the tattoo overlay though I don't know where to look to find these shirtless tops, I tried to see if Sims2DefaultsDatabase had a default for any male tank top which makes it shirtless but nope. Any ideas? And thanks for the links & pictures :D
Forum Resident
#6 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 9:20 PM
If you only want a bare shirtless top for males then open bodyshop, choose one skintight top (I think the default tanktops are on nude body?), open any image editor (even paint should work for this one) and just black out the whole alpha, refresh the texture in bodyshop and voilah, no shirt.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 9:48 PM
I can't open bodyshop though. I click it and it does nothing. I also don't know how to do any of that expect open my "Paint" application. What do you mean by "black out the whole alpha" ? Sorry, I'm not the brightest tool in the shed, LOL.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 12:56 AM
How long have you waited on Body Shop? It can sit there looking like its doing nothing for many minutes. Open task manager and check under processes. Try right clicking and running as admin and make sure you are opening the correct BodyShop for your last EP.

Black out means as it says, use an image editor, even Paint will do, take the black colour and paint over it all in black.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 1:25 AM
Half an hour at most. I'll try again when I close my game and see if I can get it to work. If I have Ultimate Collection and Deluxe is my "base", which one do I use for Bodyshop?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 1:33 AM
There's adult male shirtless top by Cheng101 available here on MTS. HystericalParoxysm did a similar one for teen boys available here. I use both extensively. I suspect they were both made in the way described by foxmanic.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 1:42 AM
Yaaaaay, awesome! I'm going to try them out, thank you so much!! I wonder if the body hair that came with Phaenoh's Correlated skins will show with them! Super happy, thank you! :D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 10:35 PM
Depending on how much BS content you have, I had to wait about 40 minutes before I got my SSD. But really it depends on what task manager says. BS never shows that it's actually loading for a certain amount of time except in there.

Not sure what you mean by Deluxe is your base. The UC is everything including the base. You don't have DD installed and UC I hope? I am guessing since it's Fun With Pets should show when loading? That that is the BS to use. Might pay to make a thread and ask. I use all the separate disks and no collections so I simply use M&G's Body Shop.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 10:43 PM
It never showed in Task Manager. I kept my PC on for a while after clicking Bodyshop and still nothing opened after hours of being on & away from the PC.

Fun With Pets is the loading screen, yes. I uninstalled Double Deluxe before I installed my Ultimate Collection on my old PC after Origin gave it to me for free. I only had Ultimate Collection to install when I got my new PC. What I meant by Base was when I opened the Deluxe folder inside my Program Files, Ultimate Collection ect it had the folder "Base" inside, if that made any sense at all. :P
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 11:01 PM
Not really. I am so glad not to have UC. Great for people who don't have all the disks though I am sure. I would make a quick post and ask if a search on site doesn't bring up a helpful answer. I do know you need to load the correct BS so since that one isn't working maybe just try another.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 11:27 PM
This was what I meant:

I don't know what I'd use Bodyshop for, really. I know nothing about CC or anything. I know it's useful for other stuff but as usual, I don't exactly know what. LOL. I downloaded the shirtless top that AndrewGloria shared and it looks good in game. It helped me notice that Phaenoh's Correlated Skins weren't working with my default skin-set anymore, too! :P
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 11:33 PM
Wow, that's so... odd. I run BS by clicking Start (win 7) All programs>EA GAmes>M&G >BS
Well, I have the shortcut on my desktop so I don't have to do that, but that is where it came from.

I mostly use BS to delete content. I will pick up a hair with 20 recolours but only want 8, so I delete in there.

~Call me Jo~
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#17 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 12:16 AM
Mad Poster
#18 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
There's adult male shirtless top by Cheng101 available here on MTS. HystericalParoxysm did a similar one for teen boys available here. I use both extensively. I suspect they were both made in the way described by foxmanic.

I liked those ones so much that I made an elder and child version.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 2:20 PM
Was the original post about these Young Adult shirtless tops from University?

I have just converted these for Adult Males here
http://www.simfileshare.net/download/949404/.
The shorts in the picture are Charity's "Stubbies" here on MTS.
If you have Seasons then you are better to use the overlays that RoxEllem1965 linked to.

Almost uniquely here, I haven't got Seasons, but I probably won't use my own conversions -- because I don't like tattoos!
Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 5:25 PM
Yesss, those are the ones! :D

I'm not a huge fan of tattoos either, but I just wanted my adult Sims to have the option of wearing a shirtless top with or without tattoos with any pants after aging from YA because I found it weird that their tattoos just POOF into thin air. :P

The overlay thing, it sounds interesting but if it's anything like the body hair overlay where you have to buy a misc item, click on it and select an option etc - chances are I'll forget to do this unless I write it down as "important" in my Word document for my Sims 2 game. :P
Mad Poster
#21 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 12:03 AM
Converting those two tattoo tops for adult was really very straightforward. I cloned the Maxis YA ones in Body Shop and saved them without making any changes. Then I opened the SavedSims folder in Wardrobe Wrangler, found the two new cloned outfits, ticked the Adult boxes, and saved them. No creative skill on my part required at all. It took me longer to write the ReadMe file than to do the conversion.

I've actually been messing around in Body Shop for even longer than I've been Simming, as I started it up a couple of days before I first fired up the game. The old official Sims 2 site had a really easy-to-follow tutorial on Body Shop -- I think it was from a Prima Guide. Perhaps you can still access it via the Wayback Machine. The tutorial explained alpha editing -- I first used the technique to make Andrew's briefs briefer! Jo is right about how long it takes Body shop to load. When I first started it loaded almost instantly. It now takes about 20 minutes. But It's very useful if you have an idiosyncratic taste in clothing!

Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
There's adult male shirtless top by Cheng101 available here on MTS. HystericalParoxysm did a similar one for teen boys available here.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I liked those ones so much that I made an elder and child version.
The worst thing about them was the price. When I asked my Sims to go into a shop and fork out two hundred Simoleons for no shirt at all they were none too pleased! I now use Christianlov's Gussy Up when my Sims are "buying" non-existent clothes.

I got the ones I use for children and elders from a complete set of "nude" clothes that I got from our adult sister site SexySims. It has Full Body, Top and Bottom "nude" (i.e. non-existent) outfits for both sexes, all ages from Child to Elder. I know it's an adult site, but this download is pretty innocuous and very useful. The creator made it mainly for people making custom skins. I use it for making skin-tight clothes.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#22 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Yesss, those are the ones! :D

I'm not a huge fan of tattoos either, but I just wanted my adult Sims to have the option of wearing a shirtless top with or without tattoos with any pants after aging from YA because I found it weird that their tattoos just POOF into thin air. :P

The overlay thing, it sounds interesting but if it's anything like the body hair overlay where you have to buy a misc item, click on it and select an option etc - chances are I'll forget to do this unless I write it down as "important" in my Word document for my Sims 2 game. :P

Yes, the tattoo overlays work the same way as the body hair - click on the "crate" and pick your option(s). I like these fixed versions because once they're applied, they won't come off unless I take them off. The tattoo overlays are just like the body hair ones - age-proof, shower-proof and even death-proof. If you don't remove the tattoos, the sim's ghost will still be wearing them when it haunts.

Whether my sims wear tattoos depends on their personalities - some love them and others find the idea repugnant. I use Artemida's default replacements for all the Maxis clothes that have tattoos. The default for ymtopcrazybody would give you the "shirtless top" you were looking for and then your men could wear whatever tattoos you want or none at all if you'd rather and the tattoos would stick no matter what they wear until/unless you choose to remove them.

Artemida's tattoo-less Maxis outfits:
https://artemida-sims.tumblr.com/po...tattoos-texture