Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#26 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The text on it is a bit confusing, I get that we remove the book and click upgrade and add kids, but once that is done do we have to leave it out or can we put it back into inventory?

You only delete the book, or put back in a sim's inventory if you no longer wish for them to receive benefits. So, yeah, you have to leave it out in order for them to receive benefits.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#27 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 11:22 PM
Okay, thanks.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 4:25 PM Last edited by Goldenbtrfly : 10th Mar 2019 at 4:27 PM. Reason: I'm a dingus.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The text on it is a bit confusing, I get that we remove the book and click upgrade and add kids, but once that is done do we have to leave it out or can we put it back into inventory?

@joandsarah77 - You have to leave it out somewhere to keep getting the daily payments. If you put it in your inventory your payment that day won't come.

Nevermind, I totally brainfarted and didn't scroll up to see it was answered by Penelope. Sorry!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 11:01 PM
That's okay.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#30 Old 29th Jun 2023 at 3:00 PM Last edited by VirtualAlex : 29th Jun 2023 at 3:39 PM.
I realise this is an old thread but...
I am using HL version of this mod (thank you!!!! I always wished the payments were more realistic). I only changed one thing - the base amount to $25.
But the payments are occurring twice a day (at 11 hour intervals) instead of just once. Is anyone else having this issue? No idea what else was changed, or what I need to change, to make it back to once per day.

Oh, don't worry, the original mod does it too, I just never noticed it. I wish it were once per day though.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 20th Sep 2023 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
If you also have Monique's social services add-on, you will have to follow the same steps and change the ah_MQSocialServices_Controller or MQSocialServices_Controller (again depending on which version you have) to whatever you changed the child support amount to. You do not have to do anything with the accompanying A & B controllers for either the child support or social services mod.

I'm sorry for tagging you @PenelopeT , but what does the Social Services add-on do? I tried Google, but it has been helpless for me

Since I'm necroposting anyway, let's hope that someone that sees this can also answer @VirtualAlex 's question because I've been wondering about it too
Theorist
#32 Old 22nd Sep 2023 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaylynn-Is-Typing
I'm sorry for tagging you @PenelopeT , but what does the Social Services add-on do? I tried Google, but it has been helpless for me

Since I'm necroposting anyway, let's hope that someone that sees this can also answer @VirtualAlex 's question because I've been wondering about it too

@Kaylynn-Is-Typing - The 'Social Services Support' add-on just adds an extra layer to the 'Child Support' so that Sims' don't get to skip out on paying support just because they are not around... for one reason or another. I copy-pasted AH's very brief notes below.

"Monique's Child Support Mod

Updated for Apartment Life
Child Support Off works now
No child support before sim is showing.

Variant - Social Services Support
For those neighborhoods where the father always gets away
."

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#33 Old 26th Sep 2023 at 1:55 AM
One way I used to do this before Modding my game out was to use the M&G green energy sources in common areas of apartment lots to have the letter carrier drop off a check instead of bills and it meant the sms got money added to household funds from mail deliveries at apartment lots equipped with windmills or solar panels.
Page 2 of 2