Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 3813
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 110 (Who?), Viewed: 124009 times.
Search this Thread
Old 18th Apr 2015, 10:56 AM #101
Tee Hee She
mature minion

9 Achievements

This technique does very much still work, I'm currently playing around with it a lot on my build at the moment. I'm not sure which part of the process you're struggling with Tsyokawe. Some pictures would greatly help us to help you here

Just as a case in point, an example of this technique I made just the other day:
Old 22nd May 2015, 7:40 AM #102
Lexipants
Test Subject

I'm building one of these, and I'm wondering if it's possible to do more than one storey - the regular basement level with the grassy, routable slopes, and a second storey on top, with a grassy, routable roof. Has anyone played around with this?
Old 22nd May 2015, 12:10 PM #103
Tee Hee She
mature minion

9 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexipants
I'm building one of these, and I'm wondering if it's possible to do more than one storey - the regular basement level with the grassy, routable slopes, and a second storey on top, with a grassy, routable roof. Has anyone played around with this?

Not one above the other, you can only have one ground level. You can manipulate and bend that one level but it can't appear twice in the same spot
Old 22nd May 2015, 5:49 PM #104
Volvenom
dodgy builder

17 Achievements

View My Journal

Just to give you some ideas on how to make it look nice.

I don't know if TeeHeeShe would have been able to avoid the black void you see below, it would be nice to know.

170115 Cross by Volvenom, on Flickr

Look out the window looking for the black void I'm talking about.

This is the decorated lot, with me decorating the edges of the basement to make it look neat on the outside. Seen from the inside of the basement, the void is still there.

Don't be confused on this picture. The green ground is the ground floor, what's below is the basement.
Old 23rd May 2015, 3:32 AM #105
Lexipants
Test Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee Hee She
Not one above the other, you can only have one ground level. You can manipulate and bend that one level but it can't appear twice in the same spot

So it isn't possible to make the terrain 32 steps high and manipulate two levels of basement? Drat.
Old 23rd May 2015, 8:35 AM #106
Volvenom
dodgy builder

17 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
So it isn't possible to make the terrain 32 steps high and manipulate two levels of basement? Drat.

The floorlevels will always stay the same, you have to cover up the gaps somehow. You can't have smooth transactions between levels. On the picture above I use staircases to cover it up, and it looks neat ... but it's still two different levels.
Old 23rd May 2015, 12:32 PM #107
Tee Hee She
mature minion

9 Achievements

Quote:

Oh I misunderstood you there, you can do that but the game refuses to render almost everything below the first basement level if you're on ground or above level. So you get disappearing wall syndrome

Its a nice idea that you're thinking of but its not really practical with the way the game renders levels. It assumes you'd never be able to see things that low down if you were at ground height...which is wrong and a shame!
Old 24th May 2015, 8:40 AM #108
Lexipants
Test Subject

Curses! Ah well. Building is still fun, and my house turned out well regardless. :3
Old 8th Jul 2015, 1:56 AM DefaultDoesn't work for me. #109
mdmblkrose
Test Subject

I tried this. My basement will not slope. It just raises the terrain back up when I do this step "Basement tool: click on the bottom corner of the blue area where it is flat and drag diagonally up to the bottom of the sloped row" I don't get it.
Old 8th Jul 2015, 4:18 PM #110
Tee Hee She
mature minion

9 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmblkrose
I tried this. My basement will not slope. It just raises the terrain back up when I do this step "Basement tool: click on the bottom corner of the blue area where it is flat and drag diagonally up to the bottom of the sloped row" I don't get it.

Are you struggling to create basement that is lower than your original basement or are you struggling to connect the two? I'm sorry I'm not exactly sure which bit you're struggling with
Old 10th Jul 2015, 10:04 AM #111
Volvenom
dodgy builder

17 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmblkrose

It's really quite simple, but then you have to adjust it and make something nice out of it, that's where the complications comes in. You just basically place basement from groundlevel on top of each other using the cheat constrainfloorelevation false/true. Remember to turn it off after using it. Lower the ground level with staircases and place a new basement on the new level, that way you get basements with different hights, and use those for terraces, garages or whatever. Linking them together with staircases from each floor, because the floors will still be there.

Section jump: