Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 6:34 AM
Default Where can I find a mod to give the basegame clothes cleaner/sharper edges?
I'm just looking for a mod that will fix this base game clothing problem. It's not a serious problem, but it is slightly annoying when you have a really nice looking sim but, their outfit looks wacky because the edges of the clothes look so low quality compared to the sim. Thanks for your time and any suggestions you may offer.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sam1640
I'm just looking for a mod that will fix this base game clothing problem. It's not a serious problem, but it is slightly annoying when you have a really nice looking sim but, their outfit looks wacky because the edges of the clothes look so low quality compared to the sim. Thanks for your time and any suggestions you may offer.

What are your graphic settings because that can affect how Sims, clothes, objects, the world looks. Not to mention, if you don't at least have a compatible standalone graphics card, rendering will not look the best and is bound by whatever the capabilities are of the hardware. Though, there are some CAS items that looks poorly made.
Here is what some of the base game clothes look like in my game. All my settings are maxed out except for High Detail Lots and TS3 is run on an older but still high-end gaming desktop. I have also tweaked my NVidia settings to allow for clearer and crisp visuals and use the highest resolution of my monitor which is 1920 x 1080.

Alchemist
#6 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 5:11 PM
I'd hazard a guess that this is related to how the clothing is meshed and UV mapped. Take these two dresses, for example (see image attached to post).

The dress on the left has a crisp neckline, while the one on the right is blurry. The difference is that the neckline for the left dress is meshed, while the neckline on the right is drawn directly on the body. The UV map is surprisingly small, and this - coupled with the relatively low polycount - leads to the texture being stretched vertically a lot. The textures are also fairly compressed and can sometimes be badly painted as well.

Furthermore, if areas with multiple recoloring channels are on the same "level" of meshing, you will almost always see pixelation where the channels meet - see the preset in the middle. This seems to happen more with red.
Screenshots

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!