Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 7:12 PM
What I'd like to see is if she can get to put a mod out that uses the 'insane' trait. Then I can apply the grilled cheese sandwich aspiration to the pixel.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Advertisement
Alchemist
#52 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
It isn't 16 mods, but it is mods which affect a total of 16 of the traits. Most of them can be found here in Hexagonal-Bipyramid's "Trait System" tag on Tumblr. There is also a drinkable poison mod which utilises the Lucky/Unlucky traits but I can't remember who made it - I saw it on Tumblr a week or two ago (I think!).

**ETA** I found the poison!

The traits which are utilised are: Athletic, Charismatic, Childish, Couch Potato, Disciplined, Dislikes Children, Family Oriented, Good Sense of Humour, Heavy Sleeper, Hydrophobic, Light Sleeper, Loves To Swim, Lucky, No Sense Of Humour, Nurturing and Unlucky.

Oh, thanks. For some reason I was picturing one trait per mod and thinking I missed a bunch of things.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 10:41 PM
There is now a version of pickpocketing interaction that is autonomous for sims with pickpocket trait. I haven't tested it yet, but it seems to be exactly what I was hoping for. There's even a relationship check!

Also, I have made a table with all the functional traits I have found . Just in case someone would like it as a resource. I'm trying to keep it updated as much as I can.

My medieval legacy: Rowena's Sims
Alchemist
Original Poster
#54 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rowenaenchantress
There is now a version of pickpocketing interaction that is autonomous for sims with pickpocket trait. I haven't tested it yet, but it seems to be exactly what I was hoping for. There's even a relationship check!

Also, I have made a table with all the functional traits I have found . Just in case someone would like it as a resource. I'm trying to keep it updated as much as I can.

That's going to be a great resource as it gets more crowded, good idea!
Test Subject
#55 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 8:35 AM Last edited by willieaames : 28th Mar 2019 at 10:33 AM.
It's weird because for me blocking on Chromecast doesn't works but in mobile is working if i`m connected on purevpn .
Mad Poster
#56 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 10:39 AM
Speaking of various "stealing" traits, University has an autonomous action of a Sim leaving his house and returning with something, which doesn't cause money to drop so it must have been stolen. I've had them return with a BBQ and put it in the living room; coupled with an autonomous "Gee, I need to cook hot dogs!" it would create drama. So I'm hoping "traits" can result in "surprises"! Like the "crazy" sim who does a fraternity action FOR NO REASON (running around naked) ...throw some Crumplebottom reaction in and people with the right traits would hate the "improper" Sim. Or a woman with a trait to have children easily talks to a man with some "supper stud" trait and gets pregnant (How did I get pregnant, I was just standing down-wind!??). Yep, I gotta see an actual affect.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#57 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
How did I get pregnant, I was just standing down-wind

It be that great spring air of Simlandia! She be so strong she be spreading her pollen on all the woman folk.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Instructor
#58 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 5:57 AM
I've got a few ideas for how some of the traits could be interpreted. Early-Pleasantview over at Tumblr posted some trait ideas here as well.

* Artistic - They could build the creativity skill faster than other sims. By the same token...
** Savvy Sculptor - They could build pottery badges faster than other sims.
* Dog Person/Cat Person - Build relationships with dogs/cats faster. Animal lovers could build relationships faster with either.
* Genius - They could have something similar to the "smart milk" effect from the batbox. Possibly also build logic skill faster. I like the idea of the "deep conversation" interaction too, but I'm not sure how it could be implemented. They could also perform better in the law enforcement, science, and medical careers.
* Computer whiz - They could earn money by hacking (possibly similar to the "give financial advice" interaction from FreeTime) and the higher their logic skill, the more money they could earn. They could also gain more fun than other sims from playing computer games and build relationships via chatting online faster than others. They could also fix computers faster. Maybe also perform better in the gamer career.
* Perfectionist - Always do neat interactions automatically, such as making their beds when they get up, washing/putting dishes in the dishwasher after eating, and washing their hands after using the bathroom. Creativity and cooking skills would also take longer to be raised. They could perform better in the architecture career.

That's all I can think of for now.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#59 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 7:09 AM
With Perfectionist trait sims should lose a lot of aspiration points for burnt food or badly made workbench items.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#60 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 11:08 AM
For me,
The Supernatural Fan trait should be combined with a tendency to become a supernatural of any kind. Witch, vampire, etc.
The Angler trait should be linked to the increased nature hobby.
A coward should be the first to run away at the first hint of a fight-and enabled 'runaway' actions like the visitors do during fires.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#61 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 7:34 PM
Hope you'll forgive me for just finding out about traits and jumping in here; I know I'm a little late.

First, thanks to @Rowenaenchantress for her most excellent table listing all the relevant mods for hexagonalbipyramid's traits! An excellent resource, as was said earlier in this thread.

Second, thanks to everyone above for their thoughts already and especially to @sunrader for starting the thread. It's a worthwhile topic!

Third, I went through and picked out the traits I plan to use in my game (of course, I'll use the traits randomizer to assign them). Here are some ideas I have about their implementation; most of my ideas were what I thought I could implement in playstyle. Some may be moddable as well, so I may cross-post a link in the Would Like to See thread or possibly just condense a version of the bits that seem easiest to mod, to post there. Note that if Rowena currently mentions a mod for a given trait in her table, I assume in my thoughts below that I'll already have that mod, so I won't specify any change that a trait-based mod already creates. Also, there are just a few more traits I plan to use in my game that I haven't listed here, just because currently I don't have any good ideas for implementing them in a meaningful way!

Adventurous: Especially attracted to the obstacle course and dance sphere. Delights in public woohoo and camping, always wants to find the secret lot on a vacation hood---particularly so they can meet Bigfoot, always wants to Learn to Teleport (or maybe some kind of needs boost when they have teleported). Could be modded to be much more likely to escape from crib as a toddler (that idea is directly cribbed from Early Pleasantview's blog, though she suggested it for the Brave trait).

Athletic: Prefers the dance sphere to regular dancing; always wants to Learn Tai Chi. Could be modded to always have Go Jogging enabled.

Avant Garde: Add decor, particularly nonclassical art and other deco, to home; dress as edgily as possible; visit contemporary art museums (if any) in the hood frequently.

Bookworm: Prefer book-based skilling to any other kind for the same skills; prefer to Do Research in Uni (vs assignments and term papers). Could be modded to learn faster when skilling from books, like a mini version of the Books for Learning effect, and/or to always have access to Discuss Book perk of Film/Lit hobby.

Can't Stand Art: Never visit art museums (could use VC to ban them from art museum lots), no art in the home (including kitschy stuff) or at least in their room if they are teen to younger or have roommates, never wear the edgiest clothing available.

Charismatic: Could be modded to have the Simply Influential OFB perk.

Childish: Doesn't use birth control, attracted to playing with any child (dollhouse), toddler (rabbit and any other Play With interaction), or baby toys (dangle toys on the DangleMonster) on the lot. Could be modded to be especially likely to Read To any child on the lot (so they get to do the voices)---even if unrelated.

Clumsy: Could be modded to gain Dance and Pool skills slower and to have worse luck fishing, or even to be injured (sharp Comfort loss?) while fishing. Perhaps could also be modded to never do a graceful dive regardless of Body skill level. Wonder if there's a way to also mod them to always lose (fall first) at the BV Log Roll!

Couch Potato: Reject all outings (so they can go/stay home), prefer book-skilling to any other kind (like Bookworm), don't automatically go to uni classes (because would rather stay home and Do Research or skill from books). Could be modded to sit more often instead of standing, maybe be exempted from mods that stop sims from frequently Relaxing on beds.

Disciplined: Always uses birth control if desired number of kids (ACR) is reached. Wants to learn Tai Chi for the energy boost. Could be modded to wake up on their own if Energy is above a certain (not necessarily high) level whenever their carpool/bus arrives, as well as to never overeat (could be added to mods that already ensure that Active or Fit sims never overeat).

Dislikes Children: Never participates in Read To interaction with children; never does Play With with kids' toys; avoids children on community lots (and playgrounds altogether---I'll use the VC to ban them from my one dedicated playground).

Eco-Friendly: Somewhat prefer vegetarian dishes as lighter on the environment (so, if it's their turn to cook they'll always make those but won't refuse to eat what someone else cooks); prefer cabin or camping accommodations on vacation; lose comfort while driving cars (as Early Pleasantview suggested)...heh, unless driving a Prius (or other cc electric vehicle).

Evil: Yell At household pets and strays whenever there aren't others around to see; could be modded to get a mood boost if pickpocketing or fire or burglary happens while they are around, or if the Evil Witch appears; maybe could be modded to get a mood boost from talking to the Evil Witch and a mood hit from seeing or talking to the Good Witch?

Good: Always Report Foul Play even if tired, in the middle of a date, or needing to get home; always feed strays. Could be modded to take a mood hit if pickpocketing, fire, or burglary occurs while they are around, or if the Evil Witch appears; maybe could be modded to get a mood boost from talking to the Good Witch?

Grumpy: Occasionally mean to pets and sims at random, even if technically a Nice sim.

Handy: Study Mechanical a couple levels higher than they have visible Wants for (I'm a wants-based player), or could be modded to learn Mechanical faster from tinkering than the average sim. (Is that something Tinkering sims already do?)

Hates the Outdoors: Refuses water balloon fights (I already have a mod to allow those only outside); won't fish or build snowmen unless forced. Complains when asked to garden or rake leaves. Could be modded to have very sharp Comfort drop (and poor Energy restoration) if sleeping in tents or hammocks and to get no comfort benefits from sitting around a campfire; I wonder if it could be modded to prevent them from fishing or building snowmen ever.

Hydrophobic: Will avoid going out in rain or snow, to the point of taking vacation time if available. Never lives on a beach lot or chooses beachfront lodging (same with ponds). Never plays with or owns fountains (woe to the date gifter who drops one off!); won't fish, build snowmen, or water plants in any way. Could be modded to hate using public toilets (might have puddles from the last user); maybe could be similarly modded as above to never fish or build snowmen or water plants.

Loner: Never joins Greek Houses or is in the Secret Society; focuses on skilling vs. friending for work; when has to make friends, strongly prefers the phone to getting together with the sim.

Loves the Outdoors: Always builds snowmen, loves water balloon fights, fishing, gardening, and even likes raking leaves. Goes outside in storms (just to experience them---can you Watch Clouds when it's raining)? Strongly prefers camping or cabin lodging when on vacation. Probably owns a tent, if space. Maybe could be modded to do the M&G deep-breath animation more often; I've actually modded that one out of my game already but might be okay if there's a sim-specific reason that some still do it.

Lucky: Improved odds when I roll for ROS outcomes; always gets a genie wish (usually I only give wishes to sims who roll the want after a lamp appears). Could be modded to get reduced odds of catching boots while fishing as well as improved odds at Cheating Death and improved odds of finding something valuable, including maps, when Digging for Treasure.

Night Owl: Takes afternoon siestas to be able to stay up late.

Rebellious: Often late to work or school; often calls in sick; enjoys public woohoo. Treat as always disliked by the Headmaster, so that it would have to be other sims in the household who deal with him. Could be modded to allow Streak interaction.

Sailor: Seagoing decor in their home, maybe a preference for a nautical theme (or just blue and white) in dressing.

Schmoozer: Would always try and Give Tour or otherwise deal with the Headmaster (who still might not like them unless that is possible to mod). Usually on time for work/school. Uses the Call Friends function (from Pescado's phonehack) to keep up all their social relationships, even if not a Popularity sim and even if not as Outgoing as my sims who'd normally do that (that is, most of my sims do not use Call Friends). Could be modded to have the Assess Mood OFB perk.

Snob: Continually want to upgrade their stuff (maybe give a Fortune secondary, if not already Fortune, and fulfill all their buy-stuff wants that have a minimum value). Buy clothes for all family members living with them in a self-serving way (dress them the way they feel reflects best on them). Always pick the richest/most prominent sim on the lot to talk to; always get the most expensive vacation lodging they can afford; usually seek to live in the area that has the most prominent sims living there already. Won't engage in Public Woohoo unless three bolts AND they're pretty sure the lot is not one that anyone "important" would come to.

Social Butterfly: Always joins a Greek House, if available. Throws parties more frequently than their wants would indicate (or, if a Popularity sim, at least as often as their wants indicate), and makes a special effort to vary their guest list; uses Send/Check Email function on Monique's computer daily if lazy or very shy, or otherwise personally goes out to community lots daily on some pretense or other ("I'll get the groceries, sure! See ya!")

Socially Awkward: Usually uses Chat (choice on the other sim) as their socialization preference and never rotates the socials (you know, among three different ones, so the other sim doesn't get bored). Chooses awkward moments to try to approach other sims, like when they're already busy, and waits anyway until the action drops out of queue. Could be modded to be unable to Tell Joke or do the AL Greets.

Supernatural Fan: Always wants to meet Bigfoot, Learn to Teleport, and obtain the voodoo doll and mystical Far East scroll.

Supernatural Skeptic: Never wants to do any of the above.

Unlucky: Poorer odds when I roll for ROS outcome; never get any genie wishes even if their household finds a lamp. Could be modded to get increased odds of catching boots while fishing as well as reduced odds at Cheating Death and reduced odds of finding something valuable, including maps, when Digging for Treasure.

Vehicle Enthusiast: Prioritize buying a new, better car as often as possible, even just changing colors if there's no nicer car to buy. Maybe keep old cars in inventory instead of selling them. Never uses Call Taxi or Walk to Lot (unless on vacation). Could be modded so that these sims work faster on the junk car faster or make more money from it (I already have mods that slow progress on the junk car and make it sell for less, but of course this reverse version would have to only be true for these certain sims).

Workaholic: Never takes paid leave or misses school and has a high chance of not taking sick leave either. Until uni, always does HW. During uni, always does at least their term paper. Never sells an OFB business at lower than level 8 and never hires a manager for any business they own.

Whew! Looking forward to any and all comments on these, including about moddability---I've never been a modder.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 17th Jun 2019 at 5:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by natboopsie
Childish: Doesn't use birth control, attracted to playing with any child (dollhouse), toddler (rabbit and any other Play With interaction), or baby toys (dangle toys on the DangleMonster) on the lot. Could be modded to be especially likely to Read To any child on the lot (so they get to do the voices)---even if unrelated.

I don't know about the birth control. Childish behaviour is not equal to wants the responsibility of their own kids IMO. More wants to play with other people's kids and hand them back when they get troublesome. XD
Forum Resident
#63 Old 17th Jun 2019 at 8:05 PM Last edited by natboopsie : 18th Jun 2019 at 1:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I don't know about the birth control. Childish behaviour is not equal to wants the responsibility of their own kids IMO. More wants to play with other people's kids and hand them back when they get troublesome. XD

Thanks for mentioning that!

Yeah, my reasoning there was along the lines of their not being responsible, because in Sims 3 (according to the wiki, not any personal experience I can remember of my brief time with TS3), Childish is a direct conflict with Disciplined. So I figured that would mean Childish sims wouldn't have thought either way about wanting/not wanting to have kids...in fact just would simply never think ahead enough to implement birth control. Woohoo? Sure, since it's immediate gratification especially if they really like the other sim---but consequences, not on their radar.

Still, it's not clear to me how/whether Childish is the same as immature (which isn't an actual TS3 trait, I don't think). So I'm wondering whether to just make it cover both (childish and immature) regardless of whether the two qualities are the same in real life. I guess that's how the birth control thing ended up on my list for the trait---but I agree, it's debatable.

ETA: The more I think about it, the more that yeah, I probably would only implement that bit if I decide Childish has to stand in as the direct opposite of Disciplined. Because I can see where it'd get messy to draw the line: like, would they also fail to pay bills on time or forget to get a phone or put clothes on over their underwear? Where would it end, once you start with adding criteria like that?

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 1:06 PM
It would be nice if in the future we got some kind of a way to check townies' traits. Like asking "what are you attracted to?" because it would make picking partners for playables a bit more interesting (and easier than adding a sim to the family via simblender just to look at their inventory).
Forum Resident
#65 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 8:08 PM Last edited by natboopsie : 24th Jul 2019 at 5:23 PM. Reason: punctuation fix
I agreed with you.

It's only a small bit of help with that issue, but for now it may be a few clicks quicker to use Dolphin's Control This Sim, just because its menu for doing so will always be right on the sim you want to control. Then it's a click on the option to make them controllable and one more to make uncontrollable.

Caution: the way Dolphin's mod works appears to be essentially the same as how the Blender does it: temporarily adds the sim to your active family, so you do have to remember never to use the Dolphin option (or the Blender's function) to look at the inventory of any sim it's not safe to marry in.

FYI for folks finding this thread interesting: sometime later this week, I'll be starting a new thread listing all the conflicts I've found that the current trait mods have with existing mods---and which can be fixed by load order. I'll edit this post to link from here to there at that time so others can hear about it and we can all learn from each other, because I'm sure others have found things as well. (And then next week I mean to update my list earlier in this thread about how I'm playing with each trait I'm using in my game.) Since tumblr isn't such an easy place to have a discussion, maybe it'll be useful to the existing authors of those mods (plus future authors of such mods) as well to have a more centralized resource for conflict issues.

ETA: One thing I like about controlling the other sim to look in their inventory is that I can see all their traits at once. But...as a player, I admit I've never been a big fan of the Ask> options to find out more about the other sim if I can just make them controllable and see all at once. (And since I reroll LTWs for all my playable sims until they make sense, sometimes I'll go ahead and do that then for the temporarily controlled sim too, just to see how that might work out.) So I understand if some folks kind of like the suspense/surprise of having to Ask one at a time and maybe not knowing every detail about the other until/unless they're moved in!

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Test Subject
#66 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 2:52 PM
I went ahead and made multiple tables that shows:
general types of traits (hobbies/personality/social/mood)
traits that clash with sims 2 system
traits that doesnt clash with sims 2 system
traits that incorporated with sims 2 system
traits that has no mods yet

i didnt include "traits that has no mods yet" to other tables because i am not sure how will modders interpret those traits.

you can find the tables here

btw i should say that these are not facts, they are just my opinions on traits
please let me know if i have any logic-mistakes so that i can update the tables
or you can change the tables as the way you want
Mad Poster
#67 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 5:24 PM
Hope you'll forgive me for just finding out about traits and jumping in here; I know I'm a little late.

First, thanks to @Rowenaenchantress for her most excellent table listing all the relevant mods for hexagonalbipyramid's traits! An excellent resource, as was said earlier in this thread.

Second, thanks to everyone above for their thoughts already and especially to @sunrader for starting the thread. It's a worthwhile topic!

Third, I went through and picked out the traits I plan to use in my game (of course, I'll use the traits randomizer to assign them). Here are some ideas I have about their implementation; most of my ideas were what I thought I could implement in playstyle. Some may be moddable as well, so I may cross-post a link in the Would Like to See thread or possibly just condense a version of the bits that seem easiest to mod, to post there. Note that if Rowena currently mentions a mod for a given trait in her table, I assume in my thoughts below that I'll already have that mod, so I won't specify any change that a trait-based mod already creates. Also, there are just a few more traits I plan to use in my game that I haven't listed here, just because currently I don't have any good ideas for implementing them in a meaningful way!

Adventurous: Especially attracted to the obstacle course and dance sphere. Delights in public woohoo and camping, always wants to find the secret lot on a vacation hood---particularly so they can meet Bigfoot, always wants to Learn to Teleport (or maybe some kind of needs boost when they have teleported). Could be modded to be much more likely to escape from crib as a toddler (that idea is directly cribbed from Early Pleasantview's blog, though she suggested it for the Brave trait).

Athletic: Prefers the dance sphere to regular dancing; always wants to Learn Tai Chi. Could be modded to always have Go Jogging enabled.

Avant Garde: Add decor, particularly nonclassical art and other deco, to home; dress as edgily as possible; visit contemporary art museums (if any) in the hood frequently.

Bookworm: Prefer book-based skilling to any other kind for the same skills; prefer to Do Research in Uni (vs assignments and term papers). Could be modded to learn faster when skilling from books, like a mini version of the Books for Learning effect, and/or to always have access to Discuss Book perk of Film/Lit hobby.

Can't Stand Art: Never visit art museums (could use VC to ban them from art museum lots), no art in the home (including kitschy stuff) or at least in their room if they are teen to younger or have roommates, never wear the edgiest clothing available.

Charismatic: Could be modded to have the Simply Influential OFB perk.

Clumsy: Could be modded to gain Dance and Pool skills slower and to have worse luck fishing, or even to be injured (sharp Comfort loss?) while fishing. Perhaps could also be modded to never do a graceful dive regardless of Body skill level. Wonder if there's a way to also mod them to always lose (fall first) at the BV Log Roll!

Couch Potato: Reject all outings (so they can go/stay home), prefer book-skilling to any other kind (like Bookworm), don't automatically go to uni classes (because would rather stay home and Do Research or skill from books). Could be modded to sit more often instead of standing, maybe be exempted from mods that stop sims from frequently Relaxing on beds.

Disciplined: Always uses birth control if desired number of kids (ACR) is reached. Wants to learn Tai Chi for the energy boost. Could be modded to wake up on their own if Energy is above a certain (not necessarily high) level whenever their carpool/bus arrives, as well as to never overeat (could be added to mods that already ensure that Active or Fit sims never overeat).

Dislikes Children: Never participates in Read To interaction with children; never does Play With with kids' toys; avoids children on community lots (and playgrounds altogether---I'll use the VC to ban them from my one dedicated playground).

Eco-Friendly: Somewhat prefer vegetarian dishes as lighter on the environment (so, if it's their turn to cook they'll always make those but won't refuse to eat what someone else cooks); prefer cabin or camping accommodations on vacation; lose comfort while driving cars (as Early Pleasantview suggested)...heh, unless driving a Prius (or other cc electric vehicle).

Evil: Yell At household pets and strays whenever there aren't others around to see; could be modded to get a mood boost if pickpocketing or fire or burglary happens while they are around, or if the Evil Witch appears; maybe could be modded to get a mood boost from talking to the Evil Witch and a mood hit from seeing or talking to the Good Witch?

Good: Always Report Foul Play even if tired, in the middle of a date, or needing to get home; always feed strays. Could be modded to take a mood hit if pickpocketing, fire, or burglary occurs while they are around, or if the Evil Witch appears; maybe could be modded to get a mood boost from talking to the Good Witch?

Grumpy: Occasionally mean to pets and sims at random, even if technically a Nice sim.

Handy: Study Mechanical a couple levels higher than they have visible Wants for (I'm a wants-based player), or could be modded to learn Mechanical faster from tinkering than the average sim. (Is that something Tinkering sims already do?)

Hates the Outdoors: Refuses water balloon fights (I already have a mod to allow those only outside); won't fish or build snowmen unless forced. Complains when asked to garden or rake leaves. Could be modded to have very sharp Comfort drop (and poor Energy restoration) if sleeping in tents or hammocks and to get no comfort benefits from sitting around a campfire; I wonder if it could be modded to prevent them from fishing or building snowmen ever.

Hydrophobic: Will avoid going out in rain or snow, to the point of taking vacation time if available. Never lives on a beach lot or chooses beachfront lodging (same with ponds). Never plays with or owns fountains (woe to the date gifter who drops one off!); won't fish, build snowmen, or water plants in any way. Could be modded to hate using public toilets (might have puddles from the last user); maybe could be similarly modded as above to never fish or build snowmen or water plants.

Loner: Never joins Greek Houses or is in the Secret Society; focuses on skilling vs. friending for work; when has to make friends, strongly prefers the phone to getting together with the sim.

Loves the Outdoors: Always builds snowmen, loves water balloon fights, fishing, gardening, and even likes raking leaves. Goes outside in storms (just to experience them---can you Watch Clouds when it's raining)? Strongly prefers camping or cabin lodging when on vacation. Probably owns a tent, if space. Maybe could be modded to do the M&G deep-breath animation more often; I've actually modded that one out of my game already but might be okay if there's a sim-specific reason that some still do it.

Lucky: Improved odds when I roll for ROS outcomes; always gets a genie wish (usually I only give wishes to sims who roll the want after a lamp appears). Could be modded to get reduced odds of catching boots while fishing as well as improved odds at Cheating Death and improved odds of finding something valuable, including maps, when Digging for Treasure.

Night Owl: Takes afternoon siestas to be able to stay up late.

Rebellious: Often late to work or school; often calls in sick; enjoys public woohoo. Treat as always disliked by the Headmaster, so that it would have to be other sims in the household who deal with him. Could be modded to allow Streak interaction.

Sailor: Seagoing decor in their home, maybe a preference for a nautical theme (or just blue and white) in dressing.

Schmoozer: Would always try and Give Tour or otherwise deal with the Headmaster (who still might not like them unless that is possible to mod). Usually on time for work/school. Uses the Call Friends function (from Pescado's phonehack) to keep up all their social relationships, even if not a Popularity sim and even if not as Outgoing as my sims who'd normally do that (that is, most of my sims do not use Call Friends). Could be modded to have the Assess Mood OFB perk.

Snob: Continually want to upgrade their stuff (maybe give a Fortune secondary, if not already Fortune, and fulfill all their buy-stuff wants that have a minimum value). Buy clothes for all family members living with them in a self-serving way (dress them the way they feel reflects best on them). Always pick the richest/most prominent sim on the lot to talk to; always get the most expensive vacation lodging they can afford; usually seek to live in the area that has the most prominent sims living there already. Won't engage in Public Woohoo unless three bolts AND they're pretty sure the lot is not one that anyone "important" would come to.

Social Butterfly: Always joins a Greek House, if available. Throws parties more frequently than their wants would indicate (or, if a Popularity sim, at least as often as their wants indicate), and makes a special effort to vary their guest list; uses Send/Check Email function on Monique's computer daily if lazy or very shy, or otherwise personally goes out to community lots daily on some pretense or other ("I'll get the groceries, sure! See ya!")

Socially Awkward: Usually uses Chat (choice on the other sim) as their socialization preference and never rotates the socials (you know, among three different ones, so the other sim doesn't get bored). Chooses awkward moments to try to approach other sims, like when they're already busy, and waits anyway until the action drops out of queue. Could be modded to be unable to Tell Joke or do the AL Greets.

Supernatural Fan: Always wants to meet Bigfoot, Learn to Teleport, and obtain the voodoo doll and mystical Far East scroll.

Supernatural Skeptic: Never wants to do any of the above.

Unlucky: Poorer odds when I roll for ROS outcome; never get any genie wishes even if their household finds a lamp. Could be modded to get increased odds of catching boots while fishing as well as reduced odds at Cheating Death and reduced odds of finding something valuable, including maps, when Digging for Treasure.

Vehicle Enthusiast: Prioritize buying a new, better car as often as possible, even just changing colors if there's no nicer car to buy. Maybe keep old cars in inventory instead of selling them. Never uses Call Taxi or Walk to Lot (unless on vacation). Could be modded so that these sims work faster on the junk car faster or make more money from it (I already have mods that slow progress on the junk car and make it sell for less, but of course this reverse version would have to only be true for these certain sims).

Workaholic: Never takes paid leave or misses school and has a high chance of not taking sick leave either. Until uni, always does HW. During uni, always does at least their term paper. Never sells an OFB business at lower than level 8 and never hires a manager for any business they own.

Whew! Looking forward to any and all comments on these, including about moddability---I've never been a modder.

Some of these listed interactions are played-instructed, unless you mean they'll forcefully queue out these interactions. Like why do you propose for hydrophobics to never live in a beach lot, when they can only be moved in by player choice. Or is that when somebody in the household on a beach moves them in? ETA: oh nvm, these are playstyle ideas.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#68 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 10:24 PM
Playing with the Summerdream-Gossamers, who are all played as vegetarians in my game (with the exception of the vampire!), made me really want the Vegetarian trait to have a useful effect. There are potential discrepancies with even the Maxis-made foods, and there's no guarantee that any custom food is going to have the same vegetarian status as what it was cloned from can be assumed to have. Therefore, implementing blanket bans isn't really likely to work...I think it might be better for Sims who have the Vegetarian trait to have an extra option pop up when clicking on a dish or platter of food that would allow choices like, "I'll eat this!" (self-explanatory), "I'd rather starve!" (literally, will never eat this kind of food even if starving and will object via a thought bubble if ordered to do so by the player), "If I must" (will eat if nearly starving or ordered to do so by the player), as well as another option for "Trust..." with a sub-menu for "Made by me", "Made by family", "Made by friends," "Made by best friends" "Made by household", allowing combinations of cooks who can be trusted to make it properly -- selecting any of these along with "I'd rather starve!" or "If I must", would make those exceptions to the rule, because the trusted individuals can be assumed to be using meat substitutes (which are a perfectly fine visual match for most of the processed meat foods in the game, i.e. lunchmeat, hot dogs, burgers, spaghetti sauce, jelly...). There would also be another option for, "This makes me..." with a submenu for, "Sick" (eating it makes the Sim nauseous or causes vomiting depending on how much they consumed), "Guilty" (eating it reduces Sim's aspiration for a while), "Uncomfortable" (eating it causes a comfort drop), and "Got to go!" (or some wording to that effect...eating it causes a bladder drop and creates the need for a toilet dash). Any combination of these could be selected, and would mean that if the Sim ate this kind of food made by an un-trusted cook (either because ordered to do so or starving under "If I must", or because the player was cruel enough to select these options but leave the food's status at "I'll eat it!") the effects in question would ensue a short time after eating. The same options could apply to pizza and takeout with the "Trust..." menu relating to who placed the order and thus presumably specified the ingredients (as there is such a thing as meatless pepperoni).

Yes, it's complicated, yes, I've put maybe too much thought into it, and no, I don't know if it's feasible. It's just a thought for how a working Vegetarian trait could function -- although given the flexibility as to how it could be utilized, the trait might be better thought of as a catch-all "Dietary Restrictions" trait.
Forum Resident
#69 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 7:38 PM
Mentioned above that I would be starting a new thread to track conflicts between current 3t2 traits-based mods and other mods, and finally that's up!

Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Some of these listed interactions are played-instructed, unless you mean they'll forcefully queue out these interactions. Like why do you propose for hydrophobics to never live in a beach lot, when they can only be moved in by player choice. Or is that when somebody in the household on a beach moves them in? ETA: oh nvm, these are playstyle ideas.

Yes, they're a mix of playstyle ideas and possibly moddable ones. But you're right that my current format doesn't make it that clear which are which! So I'm planning on putting up a revised version, including new ideas and in table format, to hopefully make it clearer.

First, though, let me see what Sunrader wants to do with where this thread can go---if she wants to keep it to just modding ideas, I can start a different thread elsewhere to post mixed sets like that.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#70 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 8:15 PM
First, though, let me see what Sunrader wants to do with where this thread can go---if she wants to keep it to just modding ideas, I can start a different thread elsewhere to post mixed sets like that.

Naaaah, it's all good! I'd love to have more info here.

I was just looking the other day at this religion mod. I'd never really read it before and haven't used it. But, as I was reading, I was thinking something like this could be done with traits, right?
https://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/55635.html
Test Subject
#71 Old 29th Dec 2019 at 5:31 PM
I haven't tried the mods and traits yet, but they do look useful.
I saw a mod about the TV falling when you are unlucky.
I play a medieval game, so no TV's present in my house.
Is it possible to make something similar for falling paintings?
For instance when you look at them.
Page 3 of 3