Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 2:23 PM
Default WCIF - OMSP for desk-only items OR deco laptop.
Hi, All -

I need a shiftable OMSP that will allow me to put a computer on it and raise it to any height. Is there such a thing?

Phantomknight suggested one, but I need one that is shiftable.

ETA: http://modthesims.info/d/550234[/QUOTE]

The alternative is to use a deco computer. So a good deco laptop would also work.
Advertisement
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 3:23 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 1st Feb 2019 at 3:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
The set by SilentLucidy has special ones, it includes electronics. Have you tried those?

http://modthesims.info/d/317716/upd...d-improved.html

I have those, but I can't put the computer on them. I think because it can only go on desks? But looking more carefully at the description, maybe the counter one will work. I'll try and report back. LATER: No, the teal one for placing things on counters does not work either. Looking at all the pictures for this download... I may have missed it, but I don't see any desk items. Suggestion?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 3:48 PM
The yellow "special slot" version for lamps and electronics might work. You need to put the item on that one, and then you can put this on another OMSP to shift up and down.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The yellow "special slot" version for lamps and electronics might work. You need to put the item on that one, and then you can put this on another OMSP to shift up and down.

It does not work. It fits the stereo and other small electronics, but they do not require a desk the way the computer does. I also haven't been able to put a desk on any OMSP. That would also work if I could put the desk on an OMSP and then the computer on the desk. It's hard to believe we don't have an OMSP that takes desk-only items, though.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 4:18 PM
Have you tried activating Moveobjects and then tried the OMSP?

Alternatively, finding or making an invisible recolor of a desk? (makng one is easy - make a recolor file of the desk you want to use, a one-tile custom desk with only one texture might be the best option - make an empty and transparent texture in a small size like 256x256, replace the original texture with this, and set the value of the "stdMatAlphaTestEnabled" in the TXMT to 1).
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Have you tried activating Moveobjects and then tried the OMSP?

Alternatively, finding or making an invisible recolor of a desk? (makng one is easy - make a recolor file of the desk you want to use, a one-tile custom desk with only one texture might be the best option - make an empty and transparent texture in a small size like 256x256, replace the original texture with this, and set the value of the "stdMatAlphaTestEnabled" in the TXMT to 1).

Yes, Moveobjects on. I have tried messing with the desks but would need to put that on a shiftable OMSP to change the height and, so far, I haven't found one that will let that happen.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 6:54 PM
Pretty sure you can't put most regular tables/desks on OMSPs, particularly if they're multi-tile or originally cloned from multi-tile items.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#9 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 7:22 PM
http://feenwald.de/en/specials/cfomsps.php

OMSPs that can hold food or computers - and there are shiftable versions (or all of them can be shifted? Can't remember and I didn't take the time to read, lol).
Alchemist
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 9:16 PM
And @mustluvcatz wins the prize. I haven't tested those but they look like just the ticket.

I worked around it with a deco computer to take the shot I needed.
http://sunradersims.com/