Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2015 at 1:56 PM
Minitutorial - Lord Darcys centerpiece fix for CC
Nightlife added the option of having a centerpiece on tables, but not all objects will be recognized as a centerpiece. Lord Darcy made a fix for all Maxis items, but what about CC? Lord Darcy left instructions on how to fix CC objects on your own, but if one is not experienced in SimPE they can seem a little scary. But it is really quite simple, and recent posts in this thread by AndrewGloria and joandsarah gave me the idea to post a quick "how to"-here for those who may find Lord Darcys instructions complicated.

Instructions by Lord Darcy
Quote:
Technical Stuff: Valid centerpieces have "CT - Allow With Food" BHAV. If you want to make custom objects to work as valid centerpieces, extract one of BHAVs from this mod and add it to the custom object. Change the group of newly added BHAV to 0xFFFFFFFF, otherwise your custom object will work as a hack! Make sure to adjust Instance number to prevent resource conflict.

Basically, Lord Darcy says we need to do three things.
Part 1. Extract BHAV from Lord Darcys mod
Part 2. Add this BHAV to the CC object we want to fix
Part 3. Change the group instance of the BHAV
-> Part 4. LD does not mention this step, but we need to fix the instance number as well.

Alright then, lets do that In this tutorial I assume you have a little bit of familiarity with the layout of SimPE. If you don't understand something, just ask and I'll clarify. Anyone should be able to do this, so if you want to give it a try, don't be afraid. Make a copy of the object you want to fix, the worst thing that happens is that it doesn't work and you stay with your original.

Step 1. Download Lord Darcys mod here

Step 2. Open any of the package files in it. I'm going to use LdDarcy_MaxisObjectsCenterpiece_Decorative.package.

Step 3. Pick any of the BHAVs named "CT - Allow With Food", right click it and select extract.

It'll bring up a save window, with a name pre-chosen. Don't change the name! Save it wherever you like, but keep the name. It'll create two files, don't worry, that's normal.

There, you've finished part 1.

Step 4. Make a copy of the object you want to fix, and open the copy with SimPE. I'm using a candle made by mustluvcatz (found here )

Step 5. In Resource Tree, sort by BHAV. Right click the background in Resource List, and click add.

Step 6. Locate the BHAV you extracted, and open it (you'll open the .simpe file)

You'll see the BHAV has been added to the list.

That's part 2 taken care of. But we also need to fix the group, so that the code in the BHAV applies to this object.

Step 7. Click the BHAV you just added, "CT - Allow with Food", in the list. It'll appear in plugin view below, but we want to view it in Resource. Click Resource in the tabs below.

It should look like this now

Step 8. You need to change the group to 0xFFFFFFFF. Do so, and then press commit. (Tip: I suggest you copy the text from here, rather than type it in manually, so you are sure you get the right number of Fs)

Step 9. Double check that the group changed, by looking in resource list. If it now says 0xFFFFFFFF, then you've successfully added this BHAV to your game!

Part 3 is now done. Woho! Don't forget to save your progress. But we're not done. For this to work, we also need the instance number to not conflict with an existing one.

Step 10. In the BHAV list, sort by instance and locate "CT - Allow with Food". Does it have the same instance as some other BHAV? If it does, you'll need to fix it. Scroll to the end of the list, to see what the highest instance is. Then change your BHAV to the next number (2->3, 15->16 and so on). In my example, I am changing it to 4 because the highest number is 3. After you've done so, click commit.

Step 11. Double check that your BHAV now has a unique instance number. If you have a lot of BHAVs, it may help to sort by instance again. If it's still the same as some other, repeat step 10. If the instance number is now unique, then you should be done! Save your package.

That should be it! It's time to test it in game. Move your original copy of the object somewhere else, and add your edited version.

Before doing anything

After following this tutorial

If you've followed all these steps, it should now work. Congratulations!

If it for some reason doesn't work, go over the steps again and double-check that you didn't miss anything. Also try re-buying the object in game. If it still doesn't work, post here and we'll see if we can't figure it out. Take a picture of the BHAV list in SimPE and add it with your post, so that I can see what it looks like.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 4th May 2015 at 1:59 PM
@AndrewGloria
@joandsarah
Tagging you two so you see it.
----
I have no idea how to post things in the tutorial forum, so if a forum mod could move this to the appropriate forum, I would be very grateful

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 4th May 2015 at 2:08 PM
I saw it any way, thanks! I'll have to read it over tomorrow as it's 11pm over here and I'm heading off to bed.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th May 2015 at 2:20 PM
PM a mod and ask for it to be removed. That's what I did when I buggered up a posting.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th May 2015 at 2:42 PM
Thanks gummilutt! I'm sure that will help me to fix that candle as a centrepiece. I too will have to leave it till later to read through it properly, as I have to go out now. It was the bit about changing the Instance Number that I was vaguest about.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th May 2015 at 3:27 PM
If I ever feel the urge to put a centrepiece on a table, I will gladly use your tutorial. Thank you!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 7th May 2015 at 5:58 PM
Hey it got moved - good. Did you get the achievement too?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th May 2015 at 7:59 PM
I did, yes My inner achievement hoarder is very happy about that. Nice little bonus, since I just did it to help Andrew and jo

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 27th May 2015 at 7:05 PM
Thank you for such a clear tutorial, gummilut! I've been using SimPE for years to make changes to my Simmies' info, but I was always nervous about tinkering with objects. Getting this to work on a bunch of objects has given me confidence to try other little tweaks to objects, like prices. One step at a time! Now I can have appropriate centerpieces on my restaurant tables, like napkin dispensers and chianti bottle candles.