Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th May 2005 at 8:01 AM
How do I angle furniture?
I have seen in manys peoples screenshots..ANGLED FURNITURE, I would please like to know how to do this so that I can place furniture on angled walls and such .etc. is there a cheat or something? if so what is it. someone please help .............. really want to know how to angle furniture.

Thanks
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th May 2005 at 8:09 AM
Its really easy! Open up the cheat window when you're in a lot by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + C.

Type in 'boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation true' without the quotes.

Now when you rotate objects, just press '.' or ',' without the quotes again. You can now get any object in buy mode at 45 degrees!

Hope I helped!
Jake

lol... And just post something in one forum if I were you, it'll get answered .
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th May 2005 at 8:11 AM
sorry didn't know that.......i was actually about yo come back to this one and say never mind I think I got it thanks to Master_Jake..again thanks .......will know next time to only post in one place.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th May 2005 at 11:55 AM
Sims will not Watch TV with an angled TV and an Angled Sofa, they will just sit behind it.
boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true is extremely useful for use with the Diagonal wall (No... Really?).
Instructor
#5 Old 24th May 2005 at 12:56 PM
i tested this rotate cheat with wall hangings if you also use the snap to grid cheat:
(boolProp snapObjectsToGrid [true/false] )
otherwise the wallhangings or pictures will not touch the wall. :smash:
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th May 2005 at 1:04 PM
I didn't know that...YAY BOOLPROP!!!

Global Village, a place for everything and everything with a place!!
Visit Henry's Sims 2 World for discussion, games, and contests.
Access the Eclipse Industries forum to find the latest movies and updates from Eclipse Studios.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 24th May 2005 at 8:05 PM
i know, God bless Blizzard for doig that
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th May 2005 at 8:06 PM
BLIZZARD??? Too much World of Warcraft!
I mean't EA.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 24th May 2005 at 8:27 PM
I guess there's no way to do 30 degree angle?
Field Researcher
#10 Old 24th May 2005 at 8:30 PM
Maybe one day maxis will let us 'snap' the objects so we can only rotate them 90 and 45 degrees and let us 'unsnap' them so they can be moved just like neighborhood items.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 24th May 2005 at 9:31 PM
That WOULD be a good idea! Now to get MAXIS to implement it....
Field Researcher
#12 Old 24th May 2005 at 9:33 PM
Its like in SC4 Rush Hour. You can snap to the roads or you can free drive. They need a button like that.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 26th May 2005 at 5:59 PM
Does this cheat work without the EP? I'm at work so I can't test it...
Mad Poster
#14 Old 27th May 2005 at 5:57 PM
You have to have the University expansion. The game doesn't recognise it otherwise.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 27th May 2005 at 6:56 PM
thank u soooooo much master_jake
Field Researcher
#16 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 1:43 PM
sorry to bump an old thread but does tihs works with nighlife?
if doesn't work for me
(i have both eps)

Sorry for my bad English!
Currently making this sims (by request): Blink 182, Benji Madden and Agatha Ruiz de la Prada Clothing.
Not by request: Sum 41, the Rest of Good Charlotte, Mike Dirnt
Do you want more? For request and suggestions please PM me!!
On a Radical Sabbatical :)
retired moderator
#17 Old 21st Nov 2005 at 3:05 PM
This cheat requires the installation of University. Whether you have Nightlife or not, it doesn't matter.

If it isn't working, just make sure you are following the directions:

1) Enter a lot.

2) Hit Control, Shift, and C at the same time to open the cheat box.

3) Type into the cheat box:
boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation true
And hit Enter on your keyboard.

4) Then click on an object you want to rotate (ie: "Pick up" the object).

5) Use your < and > keys on your keyboard to rotate the object.

6) When the object is rotated and placed the way you want it, click to release the object (ie: "Put down" the object).

7) To turn the cheat off, open the cheat console, and type:
boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation false
And hit Enter on your keyboard.

Sometimes, you will find that you need the moveobjects cheat turned on in order to place an object 45 degrees in certain places. And for some objects (such as placing a wall lamp against a diagonal wall), you may need to use the boolprop snapobjectstogrid false cheat to prevent the item from embedding itself halfway through the wall.

At the moment we are trying to put our lives in order. But this is not an end in itself. Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us. -- The Big Book

I will be inactive indefinitely.
Blog
Test Subject
#18 Old 19th Dec 2005 at 5:32 PM
Help Help Help
Hi Everyone

I really need some help. I downloaded a patch thingy so I could place stuff diagonally. Since then whenever I try to place a door or window it says "must be at center of tile" and I can't place them. Here's the problem .... I can't remember what download it was to uninstall it ... is there any kind hearted soul out there that could take pity and offer a solution?

Thanks

Em
xx

If It Looks Good, You'll See It;
If It Sounds Good, You'll Hear It;
If It's Marketed Right, You'll Buy It;
But ... If It's Real - You'll Feel It.
(Kid Rock)
Scholar
#19 Old 19th Dec 2005 at 6:59 PM
if it was a .package file you can use Clean Installer and open your downloads folder, sort by date installed and remove anything from the date you installed the patch. Also try using the cheat boolprop allow45degreeangleofroation true and then use the , and . keys to rotate the objects whilst selected.

To place your windows and doors, try using this cheat, boolprop snapobjectstogrid true and see if that works!
Test Subject
#20 Old 19th Dec 2005 at 9:05 PM
Once again Jonesi I :bow: at your feet - you rule, you rock you deseve a sainthood! :joy:

If It Looks Good, You'll See It;
If It Sounds Good, You'll Hear It;
If It's Marketed Right, You'll Buy It;
But ... If It's Real - You'll Feel It.
(Kid Rock)
#21 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 12:01 PM
Another question about the 45°.

I placed a dining table in 45° degree angle. I placed chairs around it - on some my sims can sit on other they can't. One thing is very "funny" - to eat the Sim places the meal on the table and sits on the chair next to the plate. The Sim can eat but it looks quite strange. Anyway, how can I place the chairs that the Sims can sit on them. Now it happens accidentially and I am not able to make all chairs useable - just one or two.

Thanks for any help and suggestion,

Steph
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies