Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 4:54 PM
Default Where i can find this house? HELPP
[B]Hi, me again. One question, does anyone have this house yet? I really need it for my machinima. If anyone still has it, would any link happen to me? I would appreciate it.I already searched ModTheSims and I did not find it in TSR so I do not know where else to look for it.
Here is the picture:
https://juanfelipeeeeeee.tumblr.com...57165/help-meee
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 5:32 PM
Where is it from? You must've gotten the picture somewhere.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 5:59 PM
It kind of looks like a house from Sims 3. I know I've seen it somewhere. Try the tag search here on the site.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Instructor
#4 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 6:01 PM
I reverse google image searched and couldn't find it.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 6:47 PM
It helps to know where you found the picture. It's very difficult to find houses based on a random picture without anything like a creator name, house name, the site you found it, the words you searched with (if you found the picture via Google), or even the original picture name

Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
It kind of looks like a house from Sims 3. I know I've seen it somewhere. Try the tag search here on the site.

Not unless that house has a ton of converted TS2 items (car, square bushes, bin/mail, etc.)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 7:47 PM
But it looks so easy to build...

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 7:56 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 26th Jun 2019 at 9:11 PM.
^It does. Two squares on top of each other with red windows, columns made with walls and wallpaper, and possibly a matching fence or half wall at the top. You could probably throw this together in half an hour or so. Unless there's something really difficult to build that's not visible on the picture.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#8 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 8:36 PM Last edited by mustluvcatz : 26th Jun 2019 at 9:09 PM.
Some people can't do even that - just can't build at all.

That said, I DO have to agree, that lot would be super easy to recreate. The style does look familiar though.. just can't quite place it.
Undead Molten Llama
#9 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 9:11 PM
Actually....there is something very wrong with that house. The two "boxes" aren't connected to each other. There's a gap that's maybe 2 or 3 clicks high between them, like a dummy level built between them after which the walls were sledgehammered. It's easy to see because there's no floor/ceiling visible between the two blocks. Because of this, unless there's some sort of complex construction in the back that can't be seen in the pic, I am uncertain as to how a Sim would get from one level to the other because I see no stair or elevator of any kind. And without doing some serious noodling around with the Grid Adjuster (and I'm not sure that would work) you wouldn't be able to add stairs or an elevator that would work because you can't have stair sections that are only 2 or 3 clicks high and I'm pretty sure levels that are less than 16 clicks high mess up elevators. So unless Sims who can teleport live in the house, it's kind of useless unless you just want to take pictures of it. So I'd have to ask why you'd want it?

That said, it WOULD be easy to make a truly functional version of the lot, without the weird invisible dummy level. :\ Anything that doesn't require a roof and/or split levels is easy to build if you have a picture to copy, so that you don't even have to come up with the design yourself. And there's no CC that I can see, even.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 9:12 PM
It does look like some kind of bug, but the picture is so grainy it's difficult to tell. Could just be the angle combined with a floor edging bug or a missing ceiling on the first floor. If you don't use ceilings after the EP they came with, you sometimes get those very airy, floating spaces between floors.
Undead Molten Llama
#11 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 9:28 PM
No, it's more space than a missing or buggy floor/ceiling. There's a dummy level there. It looks like the wall at the back of the level is still there but the others have been deleted. I suspect it was done to make the "columns" taller. Perhaps they wanted to make the top box look disconnected and suspended. Perhaps the dummy level is actually four clicks high and it just looks less because of the camera angle, and if that's the case, then you can use a modular stair section to bridge that gap and perhaps there's some construction in the back that does that. Otherwise, I'm not seeing how a non-teleporting Sim could get from one box to the other. But IF there's construction that bridges the gap, then this is no longer a really simple build. It's still simple if you're comfortable with the constrainfloorelevation command, sure, but if you're not, then...Well, it's not an easy build.

Me, I'd build it without the gap. IMO, it looks dumb with it and would even if the floor/ceiling was turned on.

(Also? Why are there box hedges inside the house? )

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 2:39 AM
I agree, I was looking at that gap and thinking it looks more than just missing floor tile. Very odd.

Hedge 'inside' might be an optical illusion. I think there is all glass wall just there.

Op you can find many similar modern styles of houses on MTS.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#13 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 4:00 PM
It does look easy to build. Me or someone else could make this lot and upload it here to MTS. Looking at it closer, It does have the sims 3 flair with the architecture but all the content looks to be non CC sims 2 objects. Windows, doors shrubs. etc. The thing I would do would be to build it without those gaps in the roof parts and between the first and second floor to make it more uniform looking and functional.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 9:59 PM
The style reminded me of BabbyebeSims(warning site has awful color scheme, you will be blinded), it doesn't appear to be on that site but maybe you'd like some of their houses anyway?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 11:00 PM
Lol ^Understament! Well I guess that is one way to wake up in the morning.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~