Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cenotaph of the Tribal Covenant - Buy/Sell Infants/Toddlers

by maybesomethingdunno Posted 9th Mar 2014 at 9:53 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2017 at 11:21 PM by maybesomethingdunno

123 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 58 Feedback Posts, 64 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#51 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 1:59 AM
Great idea, and I love your post, very original and funny. Congrats about the Feature, totally deserved!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#52 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 5:48 PM
Well I may not have a medieval town but this did sound fun. Then I got curious can teens use it, especially ones living on their own? Well long story short Romeo and Juliette moved away together still teens and now many families in Veronaville are missing their toddlers while Juliette now has a collection of ankle biters.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#53 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 4:13 AM
DrowningFishy: Yes, Teens should be able to use it.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#54 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 3:51 PM
This is absolutely amazing! What a wonderful addition to the game! How creative!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#55 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 2:21 PM
I tried this out in a present day hood. I created a 1x1 community lot covered with trees and a path to the back of lot with some open space. A fortune sim, who's wife died, teleported in his 4 toddlers then called the Ogre. The dad gave 3 and sold 1. This also fulfilled a want to earn some money. Later on, after he has established a large enough home and able to provide for his family, he will adopt them back. I will have to make the lot private because the amount of non-playables that showed up crowded the area. Also, it was a shock while going through CAS one day and saw this odd looking hairy outfit . . then realized it was the Ogre's.
Test Subject
#56 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 11:46 PM
Excuse me, I love the idea of this and would love to use it in my game, but whenever I summon Gunk the only options available are 'ask to leave' and 'fart contest'. Do you have any idea why this is?
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 4:10 AM
immersa: You will only have the options to Sell or Give Up an infant/toddler if there is one in your household. Likewise, you will only have an option to buy an infant/toddler if there are any in the neighborhood which have been flagged as Townies. You may have to Sell or Give Up before there are any available.

Tumblr
Test Subject
#58 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 10:21 AM
The family that I had summon him had five infants. I planned on selling them all but the option wasn't available.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 12:21 AM
immersa: The only thing that I could see that would be preventing infants on the current lot from getting the option would be if the infant's family number is not equal to the current family or their Person Age value is above that of Toddler. Can you try it in another household on another lot?

Tumblr
Field Researcher
#60 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 9:08 AM
Must download.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator THANKS POST
#61 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 5:20 PM
What a delightful idea! :D
THANKS POST
#62 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 7:29 AM
I LOVE YOU!
Field Researcher
#63 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 3:20 PM
I got this as an easier way to transfer babies to their dads. I have fun seeing what kind of genetics I can mix up in my neighborhoods which sometimes produces single moms with dads on different lots. My first attempt with this had one of my sims give her twin boys to Gunk and then I went to their dad's lot, aged up the boys older brother to a child, and had the dad get the twins onto the lot. Now the three brothers can play together and the twins can get to know their dad and grandparents while still toddlers. I just need to figure out how to get their maternal grandparents, and their aunts onto the lot (their uncle is still a toddler, all three where adopted so I have elder parents with an adult daughter, two children daughters, and a toddler son. I did this with the Oldies, too, so that family has an adult daughter, young adult granddaughters, two teenage daughters, three children, I forget the genders, and one child grandson).
Test Subject
#64 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 9:14 PM
Default Wow....
....Seriously? 6/10. Selling children to a vendor...Lovely.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 1:39 PM
Lol he said nightlight XD
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#66 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sabrina1377
Lol he said nightlight XD

Haha! Oops. Corrected now. Thanks

Tumblr
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 5:35 PM
This is hilarious and useful. I'm glad to see that talented people are still making stuff for sims2.
Top Secret Researcher
#68 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 5:54 PM
Could you make this in a more modern version? Then we can make an adoption agency like it exists nowadays.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
#69 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 10:58 PM
Hey there! I loved the idea but I was wondering... which expansions are necessary? I have nightlife like you mentioned but I dont have medieval... I know this is probably a stupid question but I just want to make sure.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 12:36 AM
lientebollemeis: I don't know....ogres don't know how to use phones and would probably break them.

Nikolayevna: Are you thinking of The Sims Medieval? That is a separate game, like TS3, and is not needed for this. As this is for TS2, you should only need Nightlife.

Tumblr
Test Subject
#71 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 8:57 PM
Oh well thank you very much! Im going to dowload it now
Test Subject
#72 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
lientebollemeis: I don't know....ogres don't know how to use phones and would probably break them.

Nikolayevna: Are you thinking of The Sims Medieval? That is a separate game, like TS3, and is not needed for this. As this is for TS2, you should only need Nightlife.

Hey again! Sorry that I bother you so much im so bad with this XD But i've been having this error window pop up everytime the ogre comes and I cant get rid of it. It is something related to the ogre itself because it says so and it wont work even if I reset it. I try deleting of course but that only deletes the ogre so it is not useful at all. Also the ogre keeps appearing in odd positions and even though there are three babies in the family the option to sell babies wont appaear! Sorry that im bothering its just that I want to fix this somehow... do you have any idea what is the problem?
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 10:31 PM
Nikolayevna: Could you post the error log and/or a screenshot of the error?

Tumblr
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#74 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 1:08 AM
Thank you, Nikolayevna. Do you have some other mods installed? In particular, do you have one that involves relationships/love? The last functions in that log appear to be called on the Ogre, but those functions are not actually a part of its code. They would seem to be from "Emitter_Romance_Aspiration"/"Emitter - Me So Sexy". My guess would be that the problem is not with the Ogre per se, but with something else having an issue while trying to perform a relationship check on this type of NPC. If you have no other mods, it may be EA coding. Even without any mods, I have experienced errors on Sims not too unlike this type of error. If you discover another mod to be the source of the error, please let me know. I'm sorry I could not be more helpful.

Tumblr
Test Subject
#75 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
Thank you, Nikolayevna. Do you have some other mods installed? In particular, do you have one that involves relationships/love? The last functions in that log appear to be called on the Ogre, but those functions are not actually a part of its code. They would seem to be from "Emitter_Romance_Aspiration"/"Emitter - Me So Sexy". My guess would be that the problem is not with the Ogre per se, but with something else having an issue while trying to perform a relationship check on this type of NPC. If you have no other mods, it may be EA coding. Even without any mods, I have experienced errors on Sims not too unlike this type of error. If you discover another mod to be the source of the error, please let me know. I'm sorry I could not be more helpful.

Thank you for your answer. I only have one mod that allows mannequin skin babys to be born. I dont think that is causing any trouble really. If you have any tips that may help i'll be glad to hear. Thanks a lot for your time
Page 3 of 5