Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cenotaph of the Tribal Covenant - Buy/Sell Infants/Toddlers

by maybesomethingdunno Posted 9th Mar 2014 at 9:53 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2017 at 11:21 PM by maybesomethingdunno

123 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 58 Feedback Posts, 64 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#26 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 12:03 AM
If a family acquires a baby/toddler from Gunk, does that child lose all connections with its biological family?
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 1:50 AM
lientebollemeis: Yes, Family B can "adopt" the infant/toddler via the ogre. Just choose that infant/toddler from the selection. With the "Give Up" option, the infant/toddler should be free.

bloodstained_black_lace: Family ties should remain in tact. The game should still recognize the biological parents as relatives.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#28 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 8:28 AM
Thank you for the quick answer.
This will fit great in my game as it does that.
Thank you for this great modding object. It's wonderful that you can do that.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#29 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 1:40 PM
This is awesome! :D
Test Subject
#30 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 10:34 PM
Beautiful ! It's work perfectly on my Sims,thanks you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#31 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 1:11 AM
Any chance you can make it satisfy the have a baby/ adopt wants?
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 1:48 AM
It should already satisfy Adoption / New family member wants. Is it not working for you?

Tumblr
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 5:14 AM
Incredible, just incredible. I have waited so long for something like this! Thank you so much! You're a godsend. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 1:57 AM
This is probably going to be THE coolest thing to happen to my medieval village in quite some time!
Test Subject
#35 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 1:37 AM
I put this on a residential lot, on terrain as specified, but it says that there are no actions available when I mouse over it, and it isn't clickable, either. Is this incompatible with "Bigger Family", or whatever the hack is that lets you have more sims on one lot? Do I have to put it on a community lot? Do I need Apartment Life after all, and Nightlife isn't good enough?
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 2:25 AM
sweet4, could you link me to the "Bigger Family" mod you are using? (I don't think there would be any conflict, but I won't rule it out without looking into it.) I believe justJones tested it in a Nightlife-only environment without issue. Does it give you any errors when you have debug mode on?

Tumblr
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#37 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 3:51 AM
Yes, I did test it NL only and it worked fine. Hope you get it figured out sweet4
Test Subject
#38 Old 11th Apr 2014 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
sweet4, could you link me to the "Bigger Family" mod you are using? (I don't think there would be any conflict, but I won't rule it out without looking into it.) I believe justJones tested it in a Nightlife-only environment without issue. Does it give you any errors when you have debug mode on?

I don't have a link for the mod, but I think, based off the filename, that it's a mod by Cyjon, if that helps you. As for debug mode, I don't know how to do that. Is it a cheat code or something? Thanks for the help, even if I can't get this to work.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 11th Apr 2014 at 3:38 AM
Thanks. I looked at Cyjon's mod and I don't think there would be a conflict.

Yes, you can put your game in "debug mode" by entering a cheat code.
  1. Before starting the game, go to (documents)/EA Games/Logs and delete all the files in the folder.
  2. Start the game and go to your neighborhood.
  3. Open the cheat box, by pressing CTRL+ALT+C and write exactly: boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true
  4. Enter your lot.
  5. Try to use the object.
  6. If/When an error occurs, a message window will pop up: a window like this
  7. Click "Reset"; if the window appears again, click "Delete".
  8. When there are no more error windows, close the game without saving.
  9. Open again the folder (documents)/EA Games/Logs: you will find several files in them, but the one I will need will be named something like "ObjectError_.....txt". Attach the file to this thread or post its contents.

Tumblr
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#40 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 10:34 PM
I was looking for a way to get toddlers out of my sims households, perhaps to a boarding school, that would keep family relationships intact. Definitely have to try this. Thanks so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 15th May 2014 at 3:08 AM
This cracks me up! Thanks, I can't wait to give it a try!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 4:24 AM
The creativity of this is amazing. Thank you for your hard work! (And humor)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 4:28 PM
I have been waiting for this mod my whole life! This is EXACTLY what I wanted! I had all these peasant sims that i've been playing with (sims 3 medieval is crap honestly, its not dirty and grimy enough for me) and I always just roasted the babies cause, well, they can't take care of them all. And I wanted to introduce slavery and prostitution to my town to make it even more heartbreaking and such and this is the perfect tool. Thank youuu!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 8:50 PM
This is really different, can't wait to try it!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#45 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 5:54 PM
Congratulations on the Feature, MSD
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 6:11 PM
Thank you everyone for the downloads, Thanks, and comments as well as for the Feature.

Tumblr
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 7:46 PM
this is brilliant
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#48 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 1:15 PM
Great idea. I love sims 2!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#49 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 2:28 AM
Thanks for this since I could really use it for poor sims who've had a baby by accident.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#50 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 10:06 AM
This is wonderful, especially I love the contest part. A mod, that makes me smile - nice!
Page 2 of 5