Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 2:08 AM
Default Working mesh to this outfit
So for all the hoops I have jumped through this toddler outfit still does not work. https://sims-influence.tumblr.com/ I want maxis hands.

So I downloaded the above then went over to where they say the mesh is located. Not easy as the link is inside the RAR.
That sent me here: https://qvoix.blogspot.com/2017/11/...-louie-set.html

The mesh link went to an adfly page which I bypassed and downloaded the file. https://simfileshare.net/download/363063/
Now what is really odd, on trying to check these files in SimPE a few times they put up an error message saying SimPE doesn't support Spore files?! Other times I have been able to load them in SimPE but they don't really show anything The outfit doesn't show up in game either.

If someone knows what these two files are? What does (ls) and (SS) even mean? Does anyone have a working mesh to this outfit?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 2:31 AM
Try this link. It looks to be the same outfit just recolored. I dl'd it and was able to get his item to open in SimPe.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 2:34 AM
I have these. The mesh is in the link that says townie-friendly or non-townie friendly. It goes directly to sfs, no ad fly. This is the sfs link for the non-townie friendly. https://www.simfileshare.net/download/1087183/

The mesh you're looking at appears to be for TS4

The smooth hands mesh is a separate link at the bottom of the post.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 2:45 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 23rd Jun 2019 at 2:55 AM.
The quivox files are for TS4, so you wouldn't be able to open them in SimPE. They do open fine in S4S, though

Sims-influence's site doesn't work properly for me, and keeps only showing just the top post. Not sure if it's something wrong with the outlay. Anyway, I did download the files a few days ago, and from what I can see there's no mesh included, only the extra link to the smooth hands.

I think the mesh (without fixes) is on Lindasims' site, because it's not included in any of the files that I can see. I think they mean "grab the mesh from any of the links above" meaning the links in 1+2 in this sentence: "I just saw these cute clothes (1, 2) and improved them a bit..." at the top. Lindasims uses adfly, so click with caution. I get a "problem with security" page, so I haven't downloaded it (but would like the original mesh, because I'm not a fan of smooth hands, either - they look really strange on toddlers).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 3:20 AM
@CaliBrat your link doesn't work for me. "Secure Connection Failed" if you have a maxis hand mesh could you upload it?

@jain Those are the recolour files that I already have. There is no mesh inside that download

@simmer22 I am also getting that same "Secure Connection Failed" when I click 1 or 2. Ugh this is a flipping goose chase. I agree smooth hands are all wrong for toddlers. I also don't get why anyone would make a twonie version, there are no toddler townies.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@CaliBrat your link doesn't work for me. "Secure Connection Failed" if you have a maxis hand mesh could you upload it?

@jain Those are the recolour files that I already have. There is no mesh inside that download

@simmer22 I am also getting that same "Secure Connection Failed" when I click 1 or 2. Ugh this is a flipping goose chase. I agree smooth hands are all wrong for toddlers. I also don't get why anyone would make a twonie version, there are no toddler townies.

The SFS link

It doesn't say anything 'bout townified or non so that might be just the other person's doin. Sorry I'm not sure. If this doesn't work hit me up and we'll see what we can do.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 6:36 AM
Thank you so much. At least there are mesh files in there -so getting somewhere!

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 4:48 PM
@joandsarah77 ...did it work? was that the correct mesh?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 3:52 AM
Yes, thank you it was! I forgot to come back last night and say so.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 4th May 2021 at 12:47 AM
Yes, thank you it was! I forgot to come back last night and say so.

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I was actually also looking for the maxis hands mesh for this outfit and cant find it anywhere.

The link by CaliBrat still works, but when you download the file, it's an empty rar containing only some links.

@joandsarah77 do you (or anyone else) maybe still have that mesh for that outfit and could reupload it maybe? I'd be really grateful.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th May 2021 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by quweenie
Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I was actually also looking for the maxis hands mesh for this outfit and cant find it anywhere.

The link by CaliBrat still works, but when you download the file, it's an empty rar containing only some links.

@joandsarah77 do you (or anyone else) maybe still have that mesh for that outfit and could reupload it maybe? I'd be really grateful.

The link by Calibrat works for me. I just tried it. It has 2 folders, some package files, a heap of pngs and some URL links. Try downloading it again and check that your unzipping program doesn't need upgrading.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 4th May 2021 at 6:37 PM
The link by Calibrat works for me. I just tried it. It has 2 folders, some package files, a heap of pngs and some URL links. Try downloading it again and check that your unzipping program doesn't need upgrading.

That is very strange. I've tried on two different computers now and with 3 different browsers and my unzipping program is the latest version of win rar, but every time I get an empty file containing nothing but 3 url links.

And it's definitely not the fault of the unzipping program, because even simfileshare says that the size of the file is only 676 bytes, even before I download the file. When I download the file it contains 3 URL links that add up to the 676 bytes simfileshare already showed and nothing else.

How is it possible that Calibrat's link leads you to a different simfileshare page (or at least a different file) than me? Could it be a cache issue where an older version of that page is saved in your cache, but I get the new and emptied file (because I suspect that Linda, who is a very "controversial" figure in the sims community from what I've seen on Tumblr, replaced the original file with an empty file containing only URL links leading to her paywalled site).