Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 12:30 AM
Default Sims 2 camera quality
So I've been wanting to start a Sims series my whole life! But the issue is that my video quality isn't on high?! I set the graphics on high, set the camera filming quality on high, capture size to medium, and even used parameters for camera movement but none of that is working! and there is no way I can have a sims series when the videos are crappy!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 1:39 AM
You need an external video program to make great looking video of the game. The in-game video sucks big time .

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
You need an external video program to make great looking video of the game. The in-game video sucks big time .
do you have any suggestions for an external video program?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 3:55 AM
FRAPS or Dxtory. FRAPS will let you record about 30 seconds or a minute for free, but it'll have a crappy watermark atop. Not sure about Dxtory.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#5 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 9:41 AM
You can try either XSplit (there's broadcaster and gamecaster) or Open Broadcaster Software. Both give you the options to record (which will be saved to your PC) and to livestream. In my experience with XSplit Gamecaster for both purposes, the quality is rather good.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 9:44 AM
I use Bandicam to take pictures and it's working really well. I think you can also use it to record videos, though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kamoodle5
You can try either XSplit (there's broadcaster and gamecaster) or Open Broadcaster Software. Both give you the options to record (which will be saved to your PC) and to livestream. In my experience with XSplit Gamecaster for both purposes, the quality is rather good.
how do you record while in game with the broadcaster? and how exactly are you supposed to get it just to record it without the blue controls thing in your way?
Inventor
#8 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 9:48 PM
There should be online instructions on how to properly set up either broadcaster software (XSplit or OBS). You can check out their main sites to find the tutorials, use a search engine (google, yahoo, etc), or find independent videos on Youtube.

You especially need to know what settings your system requires best to ensure smooth video performance without any lags or skips. There are also shortcut hotkeys for many options like pause, record, switch scenes, etc. These you can set at your leisure that will help you to remember.

I am not sure what you mean about the "blue controls". My XSplit gamecaster doesn't show anything of the sort during recorded gameplay (even when I streamed Sims 2 in windowed mode), and they wouldn't carry on to the recordings even if they were visible throughout. I am honestly not very knowledgeable on OBS because I use XSplit, and OBS may be where you have those controls.

Which broadcaster software did you download? If you chose XSplit, did you go with broadcaster or gamecaster?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 9:50 PM
If you are on Windows 10 there is video capture built into the OS. I haven't tried it so I don't know if it works with Sims.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...