Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#351 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 8:58 PM
I really want to know what pannism did to the Ottomas family in her game...

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Advertisement
Scholar
#352 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 11:36 PM
Me too...

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Lab Assistant
#353 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 5:17 PM
I am really sorry for what I did. I just wanted to say that I did not think that the Ottomas family deserved to be punished just because they were really ugly. I did not do anything cruel with them and I thought that I could share that as many people had shared the fact that they just kept the family in the Family Bin or moved them in a house and never played with them again. I approached them like any other family and found them to be interesting in a different kind of way.

Again, Sorry if anyone feels bad about my comment .I am relatively new to the forum and I made a mistake. If anyone feels that my comment is unnecessary then I will delete it.

Also can anyone please explain what thread necromancy is?
Mad Poster
#354 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 5:29 PM
A lot of people feel the same was as you do, pannisim. I treat the Ottomas family nicely too! No need to be sorry - your opinion was totally welcome here. Necromancy means to bump a very old thread, which is usually frowned upon on MTS, but this thread is allowed to be bumped because it's basically a "what did you do with ______ sims" thread (which is always relevant and able to create more discussions, instead of say bumping a help thread to give advice to someone who had a question 6 years ago), so Aaron4ever is more at fault than you, but I'm pretty sure he's new to the Sims 2 section of the forum so he might not have been aware of this.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#355 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 5:36 PM
Thread necromancy is resurrecting a very, very old, dormant thread, often answering a question that was answered or became irrelevant years ago. It's frowned on here, but so is deleting threads that still include useful information or interesting possibilities. It can be confusing even for old hands to tell the difference between keeping all the information in one easy-to-find place (like using a "What did you do with -?" thread that hasn't been posted to for months) and resurrecting and old thread. Also, making fun of thread necromancy is something that happens. You didn't do anything wrong, dear.

If you read further in the thread you'll find that a lot of us love the Ottomai. The thread title is a leftover from the days before we understood why and how they glitched, and what to do about it. I don't even think they're ugly, myself (but I have a bit of a rep for making sims other people find unattractive). And over the long haul, generally accepted opinions on the attractiveness of sims has shifted quite a bit. It wasn't so long ago that people took for granted that Pleasantview townies Goopy Gilscarbo and Sandy Bruty were bywords for ugliness; but now there's a strong element on tumblr that finds them adorable and ships them. (Due largely to Holleyberry's use of them in her "Dossanina Story.")

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#356 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 6:45 PM
I used to put Sandy with Jan Tellerman lol but that sounds good too. I shall find them and hook them up! And I love the Ottomas. My Sam is beautiful.

And since this thread is about how we treated them I shall also answer that. Somehow, due to a Tommy's bad grades I lost him and her twins from her husband. She then divorced him after catching him cheating, married Cyd Roseland and he adopted her kids back, one by one. They had a child of their own too. I had to use SimBlender to fix family ties and stuff so the "adopted" kids recognize the birth father as family too. It was interesting.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#357 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 8:22 PM
I thought this thread got buried, nope, this thread simply won't die.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#358 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 4:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I thought this thread got buried, nope, this thread simply won't die.

And despite this thread the Ottomai refuse to die!
Mad Poster
#359 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 7:22 AM
I love the Ottomai. Sure, they're a bit homely, but they're very recognizable, unlike the template sims. (Quick, is it Shelby Barret or Sandy Bruty? Mary Sue Pleasant or Blossom Moonbeam?) Peter is a staunchly faithful romance sim for me, which I have a mile wide soft spot for, and I love kids, sim or real. What's not to love?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#360 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 7:50 AM Last edited by gazania : 11th Feb 2016 at 8:08 AM.
I don't punish them. I ignore them. Unless ostracizing is considered a punishment? I suppose it is. I just have no interest in them.

And necromancy? THIS thread? Meh. September - now isn't THAT bad. The necromanced threads that really fascinate me are ones that people haven't responded to in years before they come back to life. And honestly ... necromancy doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bother other people, unless posters revive them for what I consider a very odd reason, such as someone responding to long-obsolete info.

And now I'm about to contradict myself. There is one thread I'd be tempted to revive. At the time, people on the thread strongly implied a particular action the OP suggested was perfectly fine, and no one contradicted it; probably because people at the time had no idea of the harm it could cause. I would like to add that what the person proposed was later discovered by players to cause hood corruption, and if someone searching this forum finds it like I did a few years back, don't do what the OP suggested. I did, though fortunately, that hood was long discarded for other reasons. Of course, I can't find the thread again! It would probably be better to report it, anyway, and let the mods decide what to do with it. That is, if I can remember what search terms I used ...

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#361 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 9:17 AM
A few pages ago we talked about opening another thread "What did you do with the Ottomas family" because I am not the only one who wanted this thread to die. The whole 'punish' as if that was what everyone did annoyed me every time I saw it pop up. Before the Seasons patch i get it, after not so much. The person who I thought would make the new thread never did. I can't make it, I don't play them or any pre-made. I've played them once, years ago. If I played them I would.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#362 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 10:08 AM
Even if you made a new one a few months from now a newbie would dig this one out again. XD Can't a mod change the title so it's less offensive?
Inventor
#363 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 11:04 AM
Heh heh heh..."Ottomai". .

And I punished Dora Ottomas by marrying her to Akanu, the elder and patriarch of Moku Lahahana's Kawelo tribe.

Oh, did I say "punished"? I meant to say "gave a new lease on life and a new chance at happiness to". Or something similar.

I rolled out an appropriate wedding feast, of course.

The rest of the Ottomases stayed put. Surely Peter and Samantha could handle the stress of child-rearing just fine without Dora's help. .

Now, where the heck am I supposed to find 41 people to move in with the Kawelos, The Sims 2?
Mad Poster
#364 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 4:04 PM
Now, unlike the Ottomai, I do so like to torment Don Lothario. He has lots of enemies who kick his butt every chance they get. Time for me to find the "How Did You Punish Don Lothario?" thread. Wonder how old that one would be?

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Lab Assistant
#365 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeliciouslyDemonic
the curse of the eyeless and noseless twins has haunted be for far too long.

Seriously, one twin has no nose, the other has no eyes. Dx

Wait... WHAT?
I HAVE to play these guys!
Instructor
#366 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 2:17 PM
I played them many times when I was younger. They are really weird looking, and the twins' father really was a dog! I also had a glitch with that toodler.

But I never hated them.
Page 15 of 15