Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1343
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 262 (Who?), Viewed: 159572 times.
Search this Thread
Old 31st Oct 2010, 8:54 AM #251
HystericalParoxysm
world renowned whogivesafuckologist

47 Achievements

View My Journal

You guys DO have a TSData folder - you're just probably looking in My Documents, not Program Files. If you didn't have that folder, your game wouldn't run.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Old 31st Oct 2010, 7:12 PM
Mootilda
This message has been deleted by Mootilda.
Old 1st Sep 2011, 3:57 AM great tutorial #252
horserider79
Test Subject

I found your tutorial very helpful and have now made twonew casscreens . But I was wondering do you or any one else know how to make a yacas screen for university.
I attempted it but it didn't show up. I could use a little help.

Horse lovers are Stable Sims
Old 16th Jul 2012, 4:40 AM #253
Zirconia Wolf
Field Researcher

I realize this is a very old thread, but I didn't want to start a brand new thread just to ask this question, so here goes nothing:

What ever happened to the mentioned "second tutorial" that was supposed to explain all about using the invisible CAS objects during a custom CAS creation?

**** Leader of the MoonBats! ****
Old 21st Jan 2013, 9:03 PM #254
MoshChic
Test Subject

I actually followed everything correctly an read it over and over an i cant find the lot in my bin when i start my game and go into the CAS neighborhood.. :/
Im not really sure what im doing wrong..i read it step by step over and over again, im using the 'AGS (Standard)' cuz i have all eps and sps, but i unchecked "Holiday Stuff' & 'Seasons' cuz you guys said it would freeze my sim an i dont want that xD
Old 1st Oct 2013, 8:29 PM #255
sugar
Banned

i've tried ags, but it does not work.
Old 14th Dec 2013, 1:20 PM #256
jasperville
Field Researcher

I haven't read the comments, so I don't know if this has been said. If you have Seasons, you can edit the actual seasons so its just Summer all the time, it might rain, which might be kinda funny lol

Strays don't usually enter a house unless they are greeted first. So I doubt that would be a problem
Old 23rd Jun 2014, 10:23 PM
This message has been deleted by DalekTea.
Old 10th Oct 2014, 8:48 AM #257
Gamerdude364
Test Subject

I'm up to step 10. but there's a problem:

When I enter to my created neighborhood (for example 'CAS') folder, I went to it's lots folder but there's more than one lots (there's 14 of them) and I don't know which one is my custom CAS lot
I swear I didn't place any lots in that neighborhood except 'jkgbkyuy'
-I'm playing The Sims 2 Ultimate Collections-

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed it, Just copy the 'latest' lot
Last edited by Gamerdude364 : 10th Oct 2014 at 9:08 AM.
Old 10th Oct 2014, 9:12 AM #258
Gamerdude364
Test Subject

I'm playing The Sims 2 Ultimate Collections and I don't know if Basegamestarter will work for my game
I wish there is a other way to fix the 'freezing sims' bug

& the camera that doesn't show properly when my screen res is 1920x1080 -_-
Old 27th Jun 2015, 10:36 PM #259
BritannicStepanova
Instructor

9 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaria
Now I'll give up! I've tryed almost everyday but the CAS wont show up in the lot catalog! Help :P

Look at the very end... see if it is there...

To see a world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Get rid of that gnome in your pictures and eat some new cereal!

My Website/Blog, Princess Pretty Sims!
My Tumblr
Old 10th May 2016, 8:24 PM Default:( #260
Raiiinbow
Test Subject

Aww, this tutorial was so helpful, to bad it didnt work
Old 18th Feb 2018, 12:43 AM #261
Venix_Sims
Test Subject

Thank you so much! This helped me alot!
Old 9th Jul 2018, 5:15 PM #262
ladybaileys
Test Subject

I've followed the tut, but I couldn't use the CAS I created because I'd only got a pale blue screen, no sim, no decoration, no anything... so I guess maybe i didn't use the correct CAS! file, I play Ultimate Collection, where is the CAS! file I should use or what is the last ep in UC? Thanks.

----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamerdude364
I'm up to step 10. but there's a problem:

When I enter to my created neighborhood (for example 'CAS') folder, I went to it's lots folder but there's more than one lots (there's 14 of them) and I don't know which one is my custom CAS lot
I swear I didn't place any lots in that neighborhood except 'jkgbkyuy'
-I'm playing The Sims 2 Ultimate Collections-

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed it, Just copy the 'latest' lot

Good to know because it happened to me too.
Old 17th Jul 2018, 11:18 AM #263
DJ.
Scholar

6 Achievements

All the EPs have a GlobalLots folder, in which there is the same file CAS!.package. It doesn't matter which one you choose to import and edit in game. After you're done editing, in your Neighborhoods folder, the most recent lot added should be the CAS lot ("jkgbkyuy"). Copy that file to your Downloads folder and rename it from "N002_Lot23.package" to "CAS!.package". (Regarding struck numbers - your mileage may vary.)

If you decide not to have the CAS lot in your Downloads folder, you can place it in your GlobalLots folders - and you'll have to replace every file, for each EP.

Felicity Island! :D
"When people put their mind to things, when people are inspired, when people are motivated; anything is possible. I saw a naked woman riding a giant telephone." -nicepeter

Section jump: