Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 1:07 AM Last edited by leefish : 5th Mar 2014 at 10:20 AM. Reason: add a pdf
Default Tutorial: Making a Realistic Worn Graphic T-shirt
I was asked how I make my graphic t-shirts look so realistic and worn, so I have made this tutorial to show you how. So your graphic t-shirts don't look pasted on. At the bottom I've inclosed this tutorial with pictures in a .doc file.

Creating Realisitic Worn Graphic Tees

In this tutorial I’ll be showing you how to create realisitic Graphic T-shirts. I’ll be using photoshop and Sims 2 bodyshop.
1st open both photoshop(or Graphic Editing software) and Sims 2 bodyshop, Once they are open we are ready to begin! Hooray!
1. In Body Shop, Click create parts.

2. Click Start New Project, then Create Clothing.

3. (in this tutorial we will make a everyday outfit for a male child) Click on the Outfit you want to use, I use the Blue one with the t-shirt, I’ll Show you how to change color later.

4. Export the selected outfit and give it a name.

5. After you accept it, click the X. and then the check mark.

6. Keeping Body Shop open, change windows to Photoshop.
7. Click File, OPEN.

8. Go to Documents, Sims2, Projects, shirt1(or whatever you called it).

9. Click on the body~stdMatBaseTextureName.bmp and open it.

10. Next Open your Graphic.

11. Using the Magic Wand, Select your Graphic.

12. After you have selected your graphic, go to SELECT, then INVERSE.

13. Press CTRL-C to copy the picture, then open the other window to the clothing.

14. In the LAYERS box, Click Create NEW Layer, then press CTRL-V to paste your Picture.

15. Next Click on the Move tool, and move your graphic where you want it. Click checkmark when you got it where you want it.

16. Make sure your still on layer1, Change Opacity to between 65% to 75%.

17. Next, We will change the color of the shirt, Make sure your on the background layer and choose the rectangle marquee tool.

18. Using the tool, Drag the tool over the Shirt part of the outfit to select it.

19. Go to Layer, New Adjustment Layer, Hue/Saturation

20. Make sure you check the box Group with previous layer. Hit OK.

21. Click the COLORIZE checkbox, and adjust your sliders to your color, then click ok.

22. Right click on one of the layers in your Layer Box and choose merge visible

23. Go to file, Save.

24. Don’t change anything and click SAVE, (it will ask if you want to overwrite existing file) Click OK.

25. Without closing photoshop, OPEN Body Shop, Click LOAD SAVED Projects, Choose your project.

26. Check for problems,If you don’t have any import the project and Your done! If you have any go back to the Photoshop window and in Undo History box, Click on the item above merge visible.

27. That will unmerge the layers so you can make the changes. After you make the changes right click and merge visible then save. (as long as you keep photoshop open you can go back and forth repeating the steps to make changes and checking them until your satisfied).When you check them Make sure you reclick on your project to load the new changes.
28. When your happy, click Load Selected Project. And enter a description in the tool box, Click import to game.

29. YOUR DONE!!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Creating Realisitic Worn Graphic Tees.rar (2.01 MB, 80 downloads) - View custom content
Description: pdf version
File Type: rar  Creating Realisitic Worn Graphic Tees doc.rar (2.23 MB, 27 downloads) - View custom content
Description: doc
Advertisement
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 10:21 AM
Thank you for the tutorial. I also added a pdf version for people who cant use doc. It might also be an idea to add the pictures to the online version.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish