Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#101 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Purity4
Since I uninstalled and reinstalled my game, and although I redownloaded riverview and it shows as installed in my launcher, the town is not available anymore in the game.

That happened to me once. You might try re-downloading and installing the town once again.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 7:59 PM
I am from Poland and also have received my free points. It's just awesome, thank you, thank you, thank you

I have a question regarding Sims re-install and free stuff that is no longer available at Store.
If I copy all downoloaded items from ...\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads to another location, re-install Sims 3 and copy them back, will they work? Or after re-installation I always have to download all items from Store again (and some free stuff will be lost)?
transmogrified
retired moderator
#103 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by agnieszka336
I have a question regarding Sims re-install and free stuff that is no longer available at Store.
If I copy all downoloaded items from ...\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads to another location, re-install Sims 3 and copy them back, will they work? Or after re-installation I always have to download all items from Store again (and some free stuff will be lost)?

Transferring the Sims3Packs to your Downloads folder should work, but we have seen examples of items that have had to be re-downloaded -- like Riverview, for some installations -- in order to work.

Anything you download once should be redownloadable through your "purchase" history at EA. Have people had free items disappear from that history? Which items?
Top Secret Researcher
#104 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 8:26 PM Last edited by Kaospilot : 21st Jul 2010 at 8:48 PM.
I have to get that Fiesta Afterall, that's the car I drive IRL

Also is there anyone that can point me to the free section of the store? I seem to be blind..

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Inventor
#105 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 8:42 PM
Actually I don't think there is a specific FREE section. If I remember right I was just browsing through different sections and found some of the items were free.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Top Secret Researcher
#106 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 8:48 PM
Oh. I thought I remembered there was a gift section at some point. But I'll just go look through instead then

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 9:23 PM
There's no "free" section, but there is that Nice Thread on the Official Forums that has links to all the free stuff as people find it...kinda like this thread, but with a lot more people looking I think - and a few people who are super-dedicated to scouring the store/web for free/discount stuff. I try to announce stuff over here from that thread when I see new stuff announced there - so that people don't miss out. I *hate* the fact that I missed out on some stuff before finding that thread.
Top Secret Researcher
#108 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 9:27 PM
Thank you

Test Subject
#109 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaospilot
Oh. I thought I remembered there was a gift section at some point. But I'll just go look through instead then

I saw this gift section too, but next time I went to the website it was gone.
Inventor
#110 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 5:12 PM
Ea wants you to work hard for that free stuff apparently lmao

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 5:26 PM
I wish that every item had a note detailing which set it belonged to. It would be very helpful in determining if I wanted to purchase the set, or the single item.
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 7:24 PM
Today's Giveaway - Join us in our Off Topic Giveaway thread here: http://bit.ly/cpqZN4 Help SimGuruPoptart clutter her table!
Inventor
#113 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Daelda
I wish that every item had a note detailing which set it belonged to. It would be very helpful in determining if I wanted to purchase the set, or the single item.

Or some sort function in buy mode in addition to the room/purpose categories we currently have. I'd like something similar to the folder/style choice we had in sims 2 so if you want to decorate a room or house according to one style, it's easy to find all the items of that style.
Forum Resident
#114 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ninotchka
I can verify that this didn't stop me from getting points points even though I am in North Antarctica. Perhaps I won't be eligible to enter the competiton to win the laptop but I just received and redeemed my freebie points :D

Yup, same here
Field Researcher
#115 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 2:53 AM
Nuts looks like I am too late. I just entered the contest (I'm in Canada) and I didn't get the 500 points. All it said was:

Thank you for entering the Sims3 Community contest!

Toshiba Satellite M645 laptops with NVIDIA® Optimus™ technology gives you the battery life needed to keep up with the life of your Sims.

Questions? Email: [email protected]

Instructor
#116 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 3:20 AM
Takes time for them to Email the code, they dont send it automatic after they received your entry to prevent abuse.
Top Secret Researcher
#117 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 3:30 AM
I think he/she means is that it didn't say 'your points will be mailed to you within x days'

Field Researcher
#118 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 6:22 AM
I got the code for my points in 2 or 3 days. Blew it on plants and paintings.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
There is no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else.
Forum Resident
#119 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 4:54 PM
I need that Ford Fiesta!
Inventor
#120 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 12:53 AM
Test Subject
#121 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 11:23 AM
Hmm... Bought WA when it came out and never got the '1,000 FREE SIM POINTS' that was included with the game. I have registered my game online, to no effect. Was wondering if anyone else had this problem?
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HalfEleven
Hmm... Bought WA when it came out and never got the '1,000 FREE SIM POINTS' that was included with the game. I have registered my game online, to no effect. Was wondering if anyone else had this problem?

I never had a problem - contact EA Support.
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 10:17 PM
If you liked the Seaside ride vehicle that came with the dr pepper pack, but don't live in America, then you can get an almost carbon copy of it ( but with the annoying surfboard removed ) over at (hsss) the Sims Resource Vehicle
Forum Resident
#124 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 10:12 PM
Weba Yayfoo! A desk and two decorative items.

There are also four pay sets this month.
Page 5 of 25