Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 9:43 PM
Clean Installer - reinstall HELP!
Please help. I have tried everything I can think of and have poured over the sims 2 official site and this website to try to figure it out. I downloaded the Clean Installer and it didn't work so I uninstalled it and tried to download it again. Now it gives me the message that there is another version do i wish to uninstall. I click yes and it doesn't do anything. I have erased and unistalled all the files I can think of I even created a new user account on my computer and erased my old one and tried it again - same thing. I really really want to use the Clean Installer it looks awesome. Any ideas?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Apr 2006 at 7:45 AM
I am having the same problem, I need help!!!!!
Test Subject
#3 Old 6th May 2006 at 1:14 PM
Default I am having the same problem
Did you find any solution to the problem? I am looking for it but I cannot really find were (here I only read descriptions of problems)

Quote: Originally posted by kyrielee
Please help. I have tried everything I can think of and have poured over the sims 2 official site and this website to try to figure it out. I downloaded the Clean Installer and it didn't work so I uninstalled it and tried to download it again. Now it gives me the message that there is another version do i wish to uninstall. I click yes and it doesn't do anything. I have erased and unistalled all the files I can think of I even created a new user account on my computer and erased my old one and tried it again - same thing. I really really want to use the Clean Installer it looks awesome. Any ideas?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th May 2006 at 4:09 PM Last edited by valenlocke : 9th May 2006 at 10:56 AM.
I'm having the same problem... I accidentally erased the Sims2pack Clean Installer directory and tried to uninstall then install the program again - I can't since it says "A previous version of Sims2Pack Clean Installer You have to uninstall old version first! Do you want to do it now?"
And since I can't install sims2pack files the old way (through that default Sims 2 unpacker) because my pc does not recognize the sims2pack file, I'm using Delphy's MultiSims2PackExtract program...
And by the way, I tried using Registry Mechanic by erasing any entry from Sims2Pack (and it was supposedly erased - RM says "no errors") but it's still the same thing...
Please help...

Okay.... So that was my problem before...

---------------
For those who have the same problem, there is one way around it:

Before reading through, be sure that your problem involves Sims2Pack Clean Installer not installing after you have uninstalled it or you have deleted the S2PCI directory with the message "A previous version of Sims2Pack Clean Installer You have to uninstall old version first! Do you want to do it now?" when you do try to install it again.

Caution though: this procedure requires tampering of your PC's registry, which can be hazardous to your system if you touch anything else...
So, be very careful in editting your registry, okay? Do this at your own risk...

And also, I did this after having Registry Mechanic erase some keys by S2PCI, and also after running "Silent Runners.vbs" (google it if you want to) and still found a registry of the Sims2Pack Clean Installer in my system...

I hope I'm not violating any rules or whatsoever...

In the Start Menu:
1. Go to "Run..."
2. Type in "regedit.exe"
3. Find... "sims2pack"
** You should then be able to locate the registry keys for S2PCI which is in a folder
4. Delete that/those folder/folders (Iin my case, there were two folders... i dunno why)
5. Then re-install Sims2Pack Clean Installer... It should work by then...

I did the same exact procedure and I'm happily using S2PCI now ^_^.

I'm pretty, huh? I'm not even PRETTY enough to FIT my shoes!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th May 2006 at 5:32 PM
Sorry for deleting other post, was posting that the Clean Installer was not working, but actually it was because the downloads folder was empty, must have gotten deleted somehow while copying new items into it, doh lol, luckily had a backup of it from the 10th that we created before installing FamilyFunStuff, and had all zips from then on to reinstall. Clean Installer has scanned the downloads again.
Test Subject
#6 Old 26th May 2006 at 9:19 AM
thankyou so much for the help it finaly works yay
Test Subject
#7 Old 31st May 2006 at 8:26 PM
I used the disk check to clean up my files and reinsataled. It works great now...