Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 3:36 AM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 21st Aug 2018 at 8:45 PM.
Default (Solved) A couple problems that I have with Sims 2 that I would like to fix.
Whenever I unplug my laptop from the charger while I play Sims 2 the screen would flash,turn dark,return to the desktop screen then it would turn blue and reload the game screen again. Same thing happens whenever I plug in the charger while playing the game. Another problem I have is how do I turn off the PIP screen (Picture Inside Picture) because it was starting to get kind of annoying especially whenever it doesn't turn off after an important event happens so I had to exit the screen myself?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 4:06 AM
Just leave your laptop plugged in is the only advice I can give you. I don't think that's caused by the game; it does it any time I unplug or replug.

As for the other. Do you mean the special events camera? There's an option to turn it off under either graphics options or game options.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 4:21 AM
There's the Special Event camera and the PIP camera - you can turn both off in the Camera Options.

Your computer may be reacting because it switches from Power mode to Battery mode. You probably shouldn't connect/disconnect from the power line while playing - but if you have to, you may have to get used to this happening. The game is quite resource heavy, so leaving it plugged in and then unplug when you're done playing could be a good idea. Or fully charge the laptop before playing.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 5:57 AM
Thank you both for the helpful advice. The funny thing is when I tried to unplug and plug the charger while playing Sims 3 the screen stayed the same. I'm not sure why Sims 2 is so different. Maybe it's because it's an older game and it wasn't programmed to support newer computers but this is indeed a weird problem that has no solution and one that I would probably just have to deal with.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 8:53 AM
The settings for your computer resources are probably different for plugging and unplugging. If you change those settings to be the same you might solve this problem, but then it might be that the battery goes down faster.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
The settings for your computer resources are probably different for plugging and unplugging. If you change those settings to be the same you might solve this problem, but then it might be that the battery goes down faster.

I think that part of the problem is that the refresh rate hz keeps changing itself while I unplug and plug in my laptop even when I changed and applied them.
Scholar
#7 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 12:44 PM
^^ this

game tries to reload the screen (it's expected in such case) because refresh rate is changing, or - which is actually closer to the 'truth' (the rr does not change), the game 'thinks' it was changed. If you play while interpreting DX9 by DX10/11/12 drivers, particular weird behaviour is nothing unusual.

Anyway - do not unplug.
Or - try to minimalize the game 1st. Maybe it help.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
^^ this

game tries to reload the screen (it's expected in such case) because refresh rate is changing, or - which is actually closer to the 'truth' (the rr does not change), the game 'thinks' it was changed. If you play while interpreting DX9 by DX10/11/12 drivers, particular weird behaviour is nothing unusual.

Anyway - do not unplug.
Or - try to minimalize the game 1st. Maybe it help.

Thanks for the workaround. I'm not sure why that never happens with the old laptop which is an Intel Celeron whenever I plug and unplug it. What a strange problem that is.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 8:43 PM
Although I was unable to find a fix for this the good thing that came out of that problem is that I would know whenever my laptop is plugged in or not. I had tried playing without the charger before and all that did was shut my laptop completely without recovering the data after I plugged it back in and turned it back on so I guess that problem was really a blessing in disguise.