Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2007 at 11:02 PM Last edited by tiggerypum : 24th Apr 2008 at 1:19 AM.
Default Old Hollywood Exceptional Awards, and the next Challenge Theme
You've all had you chances to vote, and the staff have had our chance to look at the results, so what with the Fairytale challenge well under way it seems high time that the awards for Exceptional entries to the Old Hollywood challenge were given out. So here we have the three entries which most Wow'd the members and staff, for their creativity and work...

In no particular order:

For an excellent likeness, and for a whole lot of work put into making extra custom content to match:
Shirley Temple: by Aligeth!

For a truly stunning sim, instantly recognisable as who she is:
Audrey Hepburn: by Vera Marina!

And for a fantastic idea, beautifully and painstakingly executed:
The Rocky Eldorado: by Fresh-Prince!

Congratulations and thanks to these three, for sharing their exceptional work, and honourable mentions too for Blank Canvas and naceygirl, for their contributions - and, of course, to everyone else who worked hard and came out with one of the many wonderful entries in this Challenge. Well done to all!

Entrants will be recieving their trophies shortly (for more info click here).

Please vote for the next theme here!

Don't forget, too that the November Challenge is now open - more info in the news item.

And in case you missed it - go check out the news about the MOCCA and LATTE Awards
15 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 1:48 AM
Great job everyone! ^-^
Instructor
#3 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 2:30 AM
Well Done and congrats. I loved this theme! Thanks to all for your wonderful and creative ideas!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 3:09 AM Last edited by Vera Marina : 13th Nov 2007 at 10:22 PM.
Thank you very much! Congrats to dear Aligeth,(who always has a nice word for me), for her incredible Shirley!
Congrats to Fresh Prince, who did a amazing job!!!
Thank you MTS staff and all the people who likes my sims!

You know the way it twists and turns,changing colour,spining yarns
You know the way it leaves you dry, It cuts you up, it takes you high
You know the way it throws about,It takes you in and spits you out
Theorist
#5 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 8:58 AM
Congrats!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Instructor
#6 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 11:08 AM
What a great idea - and Big Congrats on your award: you really deserve it!!

Want to see something also cool? It's from the Lisbon's HardRock Cafe ceiling

When all Courage is necessary, all Hope is justified!

To know something about me read: this interview
Theorist
#7 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexasrosa
Want to see something also cool? It's from the Lisbon's HardRock Cafe ceiling

There's Cars on Lots HardRock Cafés [and/Or planet Hollywoods] I think... But That One I'll love to see XD!
Lovely pic too!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Scholar
#8 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 3:51 PM
Great job! I use Naceygirl's brows from the Hollywood Make-up set a lot; also I love Fresh-Prince's The Rocky Eldorado!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 4:22 PM
Congratulations to everyone. Shirley was sweet, Audrey was stunning & Rocky was a blast!

--- Tatiana ---

You can find out more about my creations at the SterlingSims2 Creator's Forum Tatiana's Tea Room.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 5:47 PM
Congratulations to all the winners, and indeed, to everyone who entered. You folks made such lovely things, and we appreciate your keeping our game fresh and lively.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Unsocialized Homeschooler
#11 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 7:40 PM
Congrats guys!
It all looks so good!
Scholar
#13 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 9:48 PM
Woot!! hehe, i feel so honored! Thankies sooooooooooo much! :D

Congrats to Aligeth and Vera Marina! Both of your entrees were beautiful! Full of talent! Great work you guys!
Alchemist
#14 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 6:36 AM
Congratulations to the winners and to all the creators who take their time to share with us!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 2:31 PM
ohhhhhhhhhh,congratulations to all the winners ,but i really wish it was me ooooooooooooooh, Im not disapointed because Im happy for the really good jobs ,you all (the winners) rock
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 9:57 PM
Trophies have just been sent out for the Old Hollywood challenge, so if you didn't receive one and should have done, now's the time to say so.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
#17 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 3:50 PM
Default Thank You
I am very touched by all of the kind words, and so happy that people are enjoying my work, and that of all of the other talented creators that contribute here.

Thank you so much, everyone.

Congratulations also to Vera Marina, Fresh-Prince, and to everyone that worked hard and put their creativity and skills to the test for the contests.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 7:05 PM
Wow!! I don't envy the judges who had to decide this one, all of the prospects were awesome!! Congrats to the winners!

I have a general question about how the contests are judged, and I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not?? so please forgive me if I've goofed (again!) and posted it in the wrong place.

Do the Mods actually download the entries to look at them, or is the judging done solely on the posted pictures? Because sometimes there's so much stuff I want to include in my entries, but just can't seem to get it all in the pictures, so I wonder if I should include it at all.

Thanks for your consideration and your answer, and for running the very best site on the 'Net for us Sims2 addicts!!

| Bookworm | Family-Oriented | Good | Hopeless Romantic | Loner |
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 7:56 PM
We choose the items for a shortlist based on the pictures, post, and the uploader's past uploads (ie if all they've done before is simple clothing recolours and then they go make a fully working hacked and meshed object, that's more impressive than say if someone like Numenor the Great did the same). Then we post a poll in Site Polls, for the members to vote on the shortlist: and then we decide the winners, taking into consideration, but not based solely, on the poll results. The entries aren't actually tested by staff, unlike Featured items.
Hope that answers your question.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 12:49 AM
Congratulations to all the winners! There were so many awesome entries into this theme.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 4:57 AM
That makes it very clear. Thanks!

| Bookworm | Family-Oriented | Good | Hopeless Romantic | Loner |
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 6:25 AM
Thank you so much for having me in the final five - I'm so flattered and will display my trophy proudly in my little Sim home!

Congratulations to the winners! Seriously, guys, you did an amazing job and I applaud you all! *thumbs up*

Awesims: My Sims blog with downloads, stories and more.
Scholar
#23 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 10:33 AM
Congratulations to the winners and thanks to everyone who contributed such enjoyable content for the contest. This has been a fun theme. Can't wait to see how the next theme turns out.

What if one little pop could open a world of wonder
So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Friskies, feed the senses. Cat sez eff that, gimme cheezburgers.
Test Subject
#24 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 4:13 AM
Congratulations~~~~~~~~~

Sims contains the infinite imagination!!!
I love it so much~~~~
Test Subject
#25 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 10:34 PM
Great job! You can tell they put a lot of effort into their work, it's beautiful :D
Page 1 of 2