Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2018 at 6:31 PM
Default My "Curious about Genetics" Hood
When I saw the "The Beginning Hoods Separated Family Series, now as Separated Semi-Stealth Hood Templates" here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=579829 recently uploaded by the Beginning Hoods Project, it gave me ideas. I downloaded the separated beginnings families for the Brokes, Pleasants and Summerdreams and added them to the empty version of Meadow Creek. (Meadow Creek is here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=549247 I used the "Meadow Creek without Sims" version so I would just have the three beginning families.)

Once the beginning separated family subhoods are added to the hood, they go into the family bin, then it works like a "normal" beginning hood (e.g. the Beginning of Pleasantview).

The reason why I'm calling it the "Curious about Genetics" hood is because I'm playing the families to see how the genetics turn out if the Sims are born in game. I'm curious about how Angela and Lilith Pleasant will turn out if all of their ancestors were born in game. I'm curious about what Puck and Bottom Summerdream would look like if Titania had given birth to them instead of adopting them. I'm curious how Dustin and Beau Broke would turn out if they were born in game.

No pictures right now because ModYourPanties is acting up. Hopefully it gets sorted out soon.

To get started I moved the Oldies into a house (In Pleasantview, Herb and Coral Oldie are Angela and Lilith Pleasant's grandparents. Myron and Irma Oldie are Herb's mother and father, so Angela and Lilith Pleasant's Great-Grandparents.)

Myron has the LTW of getting to the top of the Oceangraphy career, so he got a level 1 job in the Oceangraphy career. While I was playing Irma's pregnancy, he got to level 4. Irma has the LTW to get to the top of the Medical career. She got the level 1 job at at the bottom of the Medical career and got one promotion before she had to go on maternity leave.

Shortly after I moved them in they ACR woohooed and I heard baby chimes. Not much happened while I was playing Irma's pregnancy. They skilled for their jobs and also got the skills they needed to make badges less tedious. (Myron has wants to get a bronze in toy making, robotics and flower arranging. I've been having him skill so that once he starts working on those badges it won't be so tedious.) I remembered to save when Irma went into labor, but she gave birth to a boy right away so I didn't need to exit without saving to get a boy. She gave birth to a baby boy I named Herb with blonde hair and brown eyes.

I saved and exited after Irma gave birth and Myron got home from work. I had surgery April 24, and at times in a lot of pain. I need to lay down right now to hopefully make the pain go down.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 12th May 2018 at 8:37 PM
ohhh i'll love to see more about this soon!

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th May 2018 at 10:05 PM Last edited by Orilon : 14th May 2018 at 3:14 AM.
Since I'm feeling better this morning, I played more.

I went into the Oldie house again because I wanted to get Herb to toddler. Irma worked the night shift, so she went to work several hours after giving birth while Myron skilled and took care of Herb. She got another promotion.

Myron had a want to go on a Far East vacation. It went ok. He was able to find the Ninja on the first try, but I failed to answer correctly so he didn't learn to teleport. He didn't seem too bothered by it though. He wanted to go on tours and learn to Bow. After awhile he stopped rolling vacation wants so I sent him home.

Myron got a bronze flower arranging badge while I was playing the household, and one morning Irma decided to change Herb's diaper right before needing to go to work. It took her so long to change his diaper and feed him that she missed the carpool. Since she had maternity leave still, I had her stay home and used a day of paid leave. She had the want to learn parenting, so I had her study parenting.

I left the household after Herb became a toddler. I moved the Ruggbyrne's into a house but stopped playing because I feel sick.

Edit to Add: Feeling better so I started to play the Ruggbyrne house.

Bruno has the LTW of getting to the top of the journalism career and Mamie has the LTW of getting to the top of the Education career. They both were able to find the level 1 jobs in their LTW career fields. The ACR woohooed and I heard baby chimes. Even after they woohooed they continued to flirt like crazy.

Mamie had the want to buy clothes, so I sent her downtown to buy clothes before she popped. She bought a new everyday and outerwear outfits, and chatted with some downtownies before going home. Bruno had the want to buy a bird cage so I bought the cage and stock a bird. (I'm not feeling very creative today, so the bird's name is Polly.) Bruno filled Polly's food and water bowls and taught the bird to talk.

Sims can get charisma by teaching birds to talk, and the teaching the bird to talk always amuses me. I figure what the heck, he needs the charisma for work, I want some entertainment since I'm not feeling that great.

Not much else happened until Mamie gave birth. She gave birth to a baby girl that I named Coral. I didn't catch what color her hair and eyes are, but there is plenty of time to figure that out. (In Pleasantview out of the box Herb Oldie married Coral Ruggbyrne and they adopted Mary Sue Pleasant. In this hood, I'm curious how Mary Sue will turn out if she is their biological child and how that affects Mary Sue's children Angela and Lilith.)

Not much happened the first two days while Coral was a baby, but the day she was going to grow up to toddler, I heard baby chimes. (Mamie is a family Sim, so I imagine it was her.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th May 2018 at 5:22 PM
Coral grew up to a blonde toddler a few hours later. I think she has light blue eyes. Not much happened during Mamie's second pregnancy. Bruno and Mamie taught Coral her toddler skills and skilled for work. She gave birth to a baby girl I named Elizabeth with brown hair and gray eyes.

After three days I grow toddlers to children, so a few hours after Mamie gave birth to Elizabeth I grew Coral up to a child. Bruno had a want for her to get into private school, so I used TwoJeff's college adjuster to get her into private school. (I always use the college adjuster since its just easier. I never have gotten a child/teen into private school with the headmaster scenario, and the only time I had a sim have total aspiration failure outside of Cassandra Goth's scripted one was Oberon Summerdream's total aspiration failure after his born in game twins got rejected from private school using the headmaster scenario. Titania did the best she could, but the headmaster rejected the twins. Oberon had two wants for the twins to get in and two fears that they would be rejected, and the two fears being filled put him into complete aspiration failure when he got home from work.)

I saved the household and switched over to the Oldies to get Herb to child. Irma taught Herb to talk, then everyone went to bed.

In the morning Myron and Irma went to work. When Irma got home I got a message that she was sick with the flu (she's in the medical field, so she most likely got sick from one of her patients.) I forgot to pause while I dealt with my cat's water and when I got back Irma was on the exercise bike.

I said "that's not rest Irma" and sent her to the chess board to get the logic points she needs for work. I had forgotten how fast needs drop when a Sim is sick, and ended up having to have her use the toilet before having her teach Herb how. I had her go to bed since she needs rest and her energy was low. Myron spent the evening getting skill points for his job, and he ended up being the one to get the credit for teaching Herb potty training.

The rest of the time they taught Herb his other toddler skills and skilled for their jobs and Herb grew up to be a child.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 15th May 2018 at 7:54 PM
Quote:
"that's not rest Irma"

I've had my sick sims do the stupidest things instead of resting like they should. I do wish a sick sim would actually be reluctant to do strenuous or energetic things until they're better.
Space Pony
#6 Old 17th May 2018 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Coral grew up to a blonde toddler a few hours later.

My Coral had red hair as had Herb too Too bad their genetics never passed to the later generations (in canon story)

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 6:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Coral grew up to a blonde toddler a few hours later. I think she has light blue eyes. Not much happened during Mamie's second pregnancy. Bruno and Mamie taught Coral her toddler skills and skilled for work. She gave birth to a baby girl I named Elizabeth with brown hair and gray eyes.

After three days I grow toddlers to children, so a few hours after Mamie gave birth to Elizabeth I grew Coral up to a child. Bruno had a want for her to get into private school, so I used TwoJeff's college adjuster to get her into private school. (I always use the college adjuster since its just easier. I never have gotten a child/teen into private school with the headmaster scenario, and the only time I had a sim have total aspiration failure outside of Cassandra Goth's scripted one was Oberon Summerdream's total aspiration failure after his born in game twins got rejected from private school using the headmaster scenario. Titania did the best she could, but the headmaster rejected the twins. Oberon had two wants for the twins to get in and two fears that they would be rejected, and the two fears being filled put him into complete aspiration failure when he got home from work.)

I saved the household and switched over to the Oldies to get Herb to child. Irma taught Herb to talk, then everyone went to bed.

In the morning Myron and Irma went to work. When Irma got home I got a message that she was sick with the flu (she's in the medical field, so she most likely got sick from one of her patients.) I forgot to pause while I dealt with my cat's water and when I got back Irma was on the exercise bike.

I said "that's not rest Irma" and sent her to the chess board to get the logic points she needs for work. I had forgotten how fast needs drop when a Sim is sick, and ended up having to have her use the toilet before having her teach Herb how. I had her go to bed since she needs rest and her energy was low. Myron spent the evening getting skill points for his job, and he ended up being the one to get the credit for teaching Herb potty training.

The rest of the time they taught Herb his other toddler skills and skilled for their jobs and Herb grew up to be a child.

@Orilon

Two basic methods to get the Headmaster Scenario to work:

One is use the Voodoo Doll from the Island Vacation on the Headmaster, use Friendship and it gives 60 points in Schmooz. Then give a Tour of the House and make sure that you have scultures and or Art on the Walls in the rooms. This works every time for me.

Two is Give a Tour of the House making sure to have Art on the Walls and or Sculptures in the rooms. Then serve a Dinner of Fish preferably Golden Trout. Note that it does not have to be Golden Trout, it is just that Golden Trout will give the best results if you have some.

Semi-cheaty:
If one wants to obtain a Voodoo Doll without going to the Island Vacation or Spawning it using boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled true, you can buy it with Monique's Computer or you can get using The Sim Manipulator.

Also if you are unable to catch the sort of Fish that you want, especially the Golden Trout you can buy some using Monique's Computer.

Other stuff, I like your post, it was interesting.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.