Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 9:08 AM
Default UI Text Revision
Greetings,

I am attempting to remove any visuals of the expansions from the core titles and in-game messages.

I am currently attempting to revert UI Text from "Mansions and Garden Stuff" to stock "The Sims 2".. in particular the exiting lot and exiting game messages. I have found that I can accomplish this by replace the UI Text package; directory; EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\Text\UI Text with that of the stock one from the base game "The Sims 2 Deluxe Edition".. unfortunately this removes many of the in-game text and simply will not suffice. I have found the string with SimPE inside the package files but I cannot for the life of me find any way to alter it as it appears stock already.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 1:45 PM Last edited by Neder : 22nd Jan 2017 at 7:04 PM.
I'm not sure what exactly you are trying to change, but rather than replacing the entire UI Text DBPF, you'll want to open it up and extract the specific STR (strings) that you want altered.
Change the text in these strings then save it as a package.
This package then needs to be placed in EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Deluxe Edition\TSData\Res\UI - Not in your downloads folder.
I'm not sure how Deluxe works exactly- I have the Original Version and EPs - but I have altered my splash screen, chooser screen portraits and loading text scroll in this fashion.

EDIT: It's also possible that the text you want isn't found in the STR, and you'll actually have to go through the UI Data resources found in EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\UI\ui.package. There are 440 of them, but they contain the text for most of the buttons and interface elements. Extract, change, package and place as described above.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 8:40 PM
Here is what I am aiming to change;

From this..

To this..

So far this is what I am attempting to edit..

Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 10:11 PM
One thing that may work is to find the STR named "EP Titles" in the UI Text package and delete the Mansion and Garden text from line 11 (17), Don't delete the actual line, just leave a blank entry.
If that doesn't do it, you'll have to dig through the UI Data, find the resources that have those buttons, and remove the text from between the quotes.