Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 7:15 PM
Default Need Help with a Table
today i thought i would make a new table, but before i say anything i dont have any problems, i just need help.

What im working on is to create a new BHAV that will contain an animation to make the sim Jump on the table with pie menu strings and functions, but a normal table doesnt contain the strings and functions, and i dont know how to create them or extract them from somewhere? is the whole thing possible?

Can i just import semi globals of an other object?
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 10:11 PM
you can even create the BHAV inside the package by yourself, without importing it. Right-click on the Resource List and choose "Create Resource; a "---User Defined---" resource will appear. Select it, go to the Resource tab and change the type to "Behaviour Function". Assign it to Group 0xFFFFFFFF and Instance 0x001000.
Save the package.
Go back to the Plugin View, select another resource of the package, and then back your new BHAV (so to force SimPE to re-open the BHAV with the proper viewer).

Done! You have a brand new (empty) BHAV to work with: add lines at will and create your own BHAV.
Of course, you can do the same thing by importing any semiglobal; but remember to immediately change its GroupID to 0xFFFFFFFF, and the instance to something like 0x001.... (so that the BHAV will be considered "private").

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 9:45 AM Last edited by $RaMRoM$ : 12th Jul 2007 at 11:52 AM.
Ok thanks a lot numenor, ill try it right now :D

*edit*
It kinda worked , The Pie menus worked but not the animation , it was worth a try :D

Pic:

Screenshots
Alchemist
#4 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 6:07 PM
A couple of questions:

* Did you place your animation (ANIM) itself in group 0x1c0532fa? (it will not work in any other group).
* Did you remember to use 'Fix TGI'?

Another hint... there is a testing cheat with "animbillboard" in the name that will let you see what animations are being used. Try that cheat for your sim and see if the animation is called. If not, the issue is linking or animation name, if so, then the animation is not working right.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 7:22 PM
Thanks wes, ill try it later