Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 7:05 PM
Default Is It Possible To Make Stairs That Intersect At A Corner?
I am trying to build an arched hallway that descends into an interior courtyard garden.

I would like the stairs to look something like this when finished: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.co...-front-deck.jpg

(Of course, instead of a 90 degree angle protruding outwards, it would be a 90 degree angle protruding inwards.)

I have been trying to get the stairs to do something like this. Although I can get the steps to line one side of the courtward nicely, when I try to get the steps to mesh on the next side, it gives me a pop-up stating that I can't intersect other objects.

I have moveobjects on, but that does not seem to do anything.

What can I do to have the stairs work as I would like them to?
Screenshots
Advertisement
mature minion
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 12:19 AM
It is possible, but it's really complicated, and involves a lot of not very intuitive cfe rather than moveobjects on. I've been meaning to get round to making a tutorial but I can't remember if I did

Sorry I realise this isn't a very helpful answer, I'm tired but I'll come back to this thread in the morning after I've slept and give you a proper answer
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tee Hee She
It is possible, but it's really complicated, and involves a lot of not very intuitive cfe rather than moveobjects on. I've been meaning to get round to making a tutorial but I can't remember if I did

Sorry I realise this isn't a very helpful answer, I'm tired but I'll come back to this thread in the morning after I've slept and give you a proper answer

I'm so glad to know that there is a way to do this! I look forward to hearing back--I didn't think that one would use CFE instead of MOO, so I am really interested in seeing how!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 6:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tee Hee She
I've been meaning to get round to making a tutorial but I can't remember if I did

@Tee Hee She No you didn't It would be great if you'd find the time for thät - saw pictures of your experiments on tumblr. Amazing!
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 4:25 AM
Hmm... Probably there's something wrong with the game.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rni0818
Hmm... Probably there's something wrong with the game.

Probably?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 8:02 PM
tip = Search download section for stairs

moveObjects on &

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=414624

If you search other sites you might find more (I've got 3 sets... All work fine)

Leave the corner free and place these, recolor them to the color of the stairs and it will be a beauty
Sims can't use these as stairs (so always combine with real stairs!