Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Candle Making - Base Game

by icemunmun Posted 4th Apr 2018 at 11:45 AM - Updated 27th Jan 2022 at 7:54 PM by icemunmun : Updated for cottage Living

217 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 107 Feedback Posts, 109 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 9
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#126 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 7:48 PM
i have a question is this mod translated to any other languages???
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#127 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 3:40 PM
Thank you for making this wonderful mod! it gives me more fun!
Test Subject
#128 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 7:04 AM
wait do the candles disappear ? like will you have to keep remaking them? I know theres a melting thing but does it happen always
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#129 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 7:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gaymemesonyourway
wait do the candles disappear ? like will you have to keep remaking them? I know theres a melting thing but does it happen always

There is a chance of the candles disappearing/melting. Look at the buffs to see what is happening! Sometimes consecutive candles can disappear but mostly it is random.
Test Subject
#130 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clarsvi
i have a question is this mod translated to any other languages???

I'm afraid you'll have to check all the posts and look for one that interests you.
Test Subject
#131 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 8:31 PM
I was wondering if this had been updated for the seasons bee boxes, or if we still need to download the "Functional Beekeeper Box" to get wax. Thanks icemunmun, been loving your mods!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#132 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 5:42 PM
What a great addition! Thank you for creating it!
Instructor
#133 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 3:57 PM
Hello Icemunmun I would like to kwof if you can make some "old wood" styles for the workbench. I'm a storyteller and play only in a medieval/fantasy/historical style and it would be great to have some "older" workbenches.

Best regards

Eve
Test Subject
#134 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 9:34 PM
Polskie tłumaczenie
Ponieważ od ostatniej wersji polskiego tłumaczenia były zmiany, to zostało ono zaktualizowane. W .rar są oba pliki .package (base i candles).
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Candle_Making-PL.rar (25.81 MB, 40 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#135 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 5:37 PM
Just amazing!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#136 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 10:19 PM
I've been having so much fun making candles in my game. This is such a creative idea and all the different candles are such fun. Thank you so much!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#137 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 2:14 PM
It s amazing what you do, you are talented and generous!
Thanks for create to make fun in the game and share your good ideas!
I hope you continue, your ideas and creativity are endless â*ï¸â*ï¸â*ï¸â*ï¸â*ï¸
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#138 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 10:32 PM Last edited by ratchick : 28th Mar 2019 at 10:54 PM.
OK so I read back through this and didn't see the issue I'm having mentioned - not all of the colours of dye are being recognised as dye for making the candles. After making my first, basic candle from the kit box, I went into Build/Buy and chose a few different colours of dye thinking I might get different colour plain candles. It was a little disappointing that they were all white but no problem. I had three each of wax, wick and dye and the first candle created fine for two dollars but the other two cancelled out. When I went to try it again, I noticed it was saying no dye in the sim's inventory even though there were two. I'm not sure all of the colours that are affected, but certainly purple and teal aren't being recognised (not for the basic candle, or any of the three level 2 candles either).

I'd also like to add my vote for allowing us to purchase supplies either through the computer or through the table, if possible. Thank you! <3 I adore all of your mods so much.

Edit: I found some further issues. I placed the candles down on the counter and they all lit, and I manually changed their colours to those I purchased, but the problem came when I tried to extinguish them. The first one threw up a bunch of errors (an LE and a UI LE), it said one of the candles had melted although none of them was swapped for melted one. I extinguished the second okay, but then I had no option to either extinguish or light the last two, that were still merrily burning away.

Files included.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#139 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ratchick
OK so I read back through this and didn't see the issue I'm having mentioned - not all of the colours of dye are being recognised as dye for making the candles. After making my first, basic candle from the kit box, I went into Build/Buy and chose a few different colours of dye thinking I might get different colour plain candles. It was a little disappointing that they were all white but no problem. I had three each of wax, wick and dye and the first candle created fine for two dollars but the other two cancelled out. When I went to try it again, I noticed it was saying no dye in the sim's inventory even though there were two. I'm not sure all of the colours that are affected, but certainly purple and teal aren't being recognised (not for the basic candle, or any of the three level 2 candles either).

I'd also like to add my vote for allowing us to purchase supplies either through the computer or through the table, if possible. Thank you! <3 I adore all of your mods so much.

Edit: I found some further issues. I placed the candles down on the counter and they all lit, and I manually changed their colours to those I purchased, but the problem came when I tried to extinguish them. The first one threw up a bunch of errors (an LE and a UI LE), it said one of the candles had melted although none of them was swapped for melted one. I extinguished the second okay, but then I had no option to either extinguish or light the last two, that were still merrily burning away.

Files included.

- I will look into why the other dye colours are not being recognized at ingredients
- The melted wax may be found in your inventory
- Check to see if your sim got a singed buff. if they get the singed buff then the sim would not be able to light/extinguish the candles for some time till the buff times out
- Can you attach the LE here ?

And i will be adding the 'Buy Ingredients' option to the table itself
Test Subject
#140 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
- I will look into why the other dye colours are not being recognized at ingredients
- The melted wax may be found in your inventory
- Check to see if your sim got a singed buff. if they get the singed buff then the sim would not be able to light/extinguish the candles for some time till the buff times out
- Can you attach the LE here ?

And i will be adding the 'Buy Ingredients' option to the table itself

The melted wax didn't go into my inventory. The whole candle simply remained unchanged. And, yes, my sim had a singed buff (though I can't be certain if that came from putting out a second candle successfully). That explains the lack of putting out ability though, thank you!

I did attach them but for some reason, these forums are really flaky on my copy of Chrome! I can't filter my subs either. When I go in to edit the post, it says the file is attached, but it isn't on the server for some reason... So I've uploaded them to pastebin for you:

The LE: https://pastebin.com/fqG50y6X
The UI LE: https://pastebin.com/cq6b4Apg

Hope that helps!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#141 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 3:16 PM
such a cute skill to have
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#142 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 9:39 PM
Lovely mod, but, unfortunately, it does not show in my game - in any parts of the catalogue.
I'm a player from Brazil, so, my game is in portuguese, maybe it this the problem? (not about the translation, 'cause it's not a problem in my game, but the script maybe?).

But thanks for this work.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#143 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 5:16 AM
thanks!!!
Test Subject
#144 Old 26th May 2019 at 9:55 PM
This seems like a fun one but for some reason the candle-making table isn't showing up in my game. The candles and supplies show up, but the table is a no-show. I have both files in my mods folder. Not asking you to troubleshoot for me, just letting you know that it didn't work for me.
Test Subject
#145 Old 27th May 2019 at 9:37 PM Last edited by SilverPhoenix : 3rd Jun 2019 at 8:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kirasan
This seems like a fun one but for some reason the candle-making table isn't showing up in my game. The candles and supplies show up, but the table is a no-show. I have both files in my mods folder. Not asking you to troubleshoot for me, just letting you know that it didn't work for me.

I'm having a similar problem!c Nothing but the wax is showing up! DX I really want to use this mod! XC
Test Subject
#146 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 10:08 PM
i am having the same problem also the candle making kit isn't showing up either ,Help
Test Subject
#147 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 8:33 PM
Default :t
Quote: Originally posted by jlc12
i am having the same problem also the candle making kit isn't showing up either ,Help

Same Here. The mod just isn't working?
Test Subject
#148 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 7:56 PM Last edited by Senedana : 18th Jul 2019 at 8:11 PM.
You guys, I just found the candle making kit when I used bb.showhiddenobjects and the table was available, too. Even though she didn't have wax, my Sim was able to make a candle at the station and the candle worked. Trying to extinguish it brought up a last exception error that didn't do much except give a notice; gameplay wasn't affected, and the station, kits, and candles worked. Just thought you'd want to know.
Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#149 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 4:03 AM
I love this mod so much! I was wondering if I could suggest making the candles give off actual lighting? That would be super cool especially for my off the grid homes. Thank you for your amazing work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#150 Old 13th Oct 2019 at 5:09 AM
You keep my game play fresh and new. Thank you!!
Page 6 of 9