Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1181
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 161 (Who?), Viewed: 2440 times.
Search this Thread
Old 16th Jan 2018, 4:06 AM #151
kanzen
Instructor

7 Achievements

to be fair, if everyone died, there would be no story to tell!
EDIT:
I'm now decorating a house that I've been working on for months and let me tell you than no matter how much I want to put the adorable cow sculpture in the kid's room - I FORBID IT. It just makes me feel like my sims could get visited by Mr Abaddon and a random innocent woman in my hood would die!

I gave up my dream to earn a living.
Last edited by kanzen : 17th Jan 2018 at 3:52 AM.
Old 17th Jan 2018, 9:11 PM DefaultA Pleasant Story - Chapter Twenty One - Don's Termination #152
grumpy_otter
Original Poster

Instructor

1 Achievements

A Pleasant Story

Chapter Twenty One
Don's Termination

When Nina and Dina came home from Brandi's memorial, Nina told her sister, "I'm worried about Don--he's not answering his phone. I'm going over there to make sure he's okay."

The house seemed dark as Nina approached. She knocked on the door and waited. Nothing.

She noticed that some light seemed to be coming from the kitchen window and walked around to peer in.

"Don!" she cried out as she saw his still form on the floor, and ran back to the front door.

She bashed against the door until it sprang open and ran over to Don.

"Don? Don! Are you okay?" she cried.

Suddenly, Don groaned and began to climb to his feet. "Oh, hey Nina. Is it time to go to the memorial?"

Nina grabbed him and hugged him. "No!" she said, "You missed it! What happened?"

"Gosh," he said, "I'm not sure. I was working out really hard and I was really tired. I got up to take a bath and I guess I just passed out. Were you worried?" he asked, winking at her.

"Of course I was worried, you dimwit! I just got back from Brandi's memorial! She was murdered, in case you forgot!" Nina spoke more angrily than she really felt; truly she was very relieved he was fine. And she was still very fond of him.

"I'm sorry," he told her. "I didn't mean to scare you."

"I'm all right. Just almost had a heart attack, that's all," she said. She hugged him again. "You big doofus. Don't scare me like that again!"

Don returned her hug, thinking of how much he loved Nina. She was so like him!

"Do you want to come upstairs with me?" He asked. "It's been a while."

Nina took his hand and led him upstairs to his bedroom.

They had a great woohoo session, then snuggled together to sleep, both of them feeling warm and comfortable.

The next morning, Nina asked Don if he wanted to come to the mall with her. "I have to look for a dress for Dina's wedding, and then we could go have lunch."

Don said, "I'd really like to, but I've got a delivery to make, and I need to drop it off this morning."

Nina asked him, "What kind of delivery?"

Don explained about Samael Abbadon giving him a package to deliver and Nina exclaimed, "I got one too! I delivered it the other day! But listen Don, I think these people are criminals. I heard Dustin was doing deliveries, too, and now his mom is dead. I'm not going to work for them anymore, and I don't think you should either!"

Don replied, "You're probably right, but I can't just keep the package. I'll only deliver this one, then get paid and never do another one."

"Okay," Nina said. "Just be careful!"

Don looked at her, sweet and caring about him--his first kiss--and he said, "Nina, do you want to marry me?"

Nina laughed and hugged him. "Of course not, you doofus! And you don't want to marry me! We're all about the romance, Don--it would be a disaster! How about we just be nice to each other?"

She nudged him playfully, "And don't hit on my friends in front of me!"

After Nina left, Don got dressed and headed for the address where he was supposed to deliver the package. It was on the outskirts of town, but he didn't mind the long walk. It gave him time to think about his muscles.

When he approached the house, he paused and looked at it.

"Kind of creepy," he said to himself.

As he walked toward the front door, two large dogs observed him.

He said nervously, "Nice doggies. Good doggies. I'm just going to the door, now."

The dogs watched him closely, but let him pass.

Don climbed to the front door and knocked, and waited. No one answered. He knocked and waited again. He hadn't been instructed on what to do if no one was home, so he waited a while more, but all was quiet.

Don wasn't sure if he should just leave the package on the porch unattended, but he wanted to get rid of it, so he knocked one last time, then left the package in front of the door.

As he turned to leave, he found he wasn't alone.

"Oh, hi good doggies," he said. "I'm just going to leave now. Will you just let me leave now?"

They wouldn't.

Don fought the dogs off, and jumped up and ran around to the back side of the house, hoping they couldn't follow him. He thought he'd seen another set of stairs in the back, so maybe he could get out that way.

As he ran, he noticed many graves in the backyard.

"I've got to get out of here!" He panted.

After he'd gotten off the porch, he still had to make his way back to the iron gate to get out. Luckily, the dogs didn't seem to be interested in following him, and he made his way past them onto the street. All he wanted was to get home as quickly as possible, but as he passed the front of the house, he noticed he wasn't alone.

There was a woman watching him from a second-floor window. She was pale like a ghost. He shivered as he looked at her, then ran home.

As he entered his house, the phone was ringing. When he picked it up, a woman's voice said, "Don Lothario. You did not complete your delivery. You hurt my babies."

"Babies?" Don exclaimed, "What babies? I got attacked by your dogs!"

"They hurt their teeth on your thick skull," she said. "So this is it, Don. You won't work for us anymore, and you won't get paid." She paused for a moment. "Consider yourself lucky."

Click.

Don shook his head. He DID feel lucky. He was glad Nina wasn't mixed up with them anymore, too.

"Well," he sighed. "Guess I need to get a real job. Maybe I could work in the slacker career with Nina. That might be fun."

Old 18th Jan 2018, 12:46 AM #153
Mom50409
Test Subject

Glad it was not 'termination' as in 'The Terminator'! Ha, ha! I think you have Don & Nina's relationship just right. He's a mess, but still a lot of fun to play.
Old 18th Jan 2018, 2:34 AM #154
kanzen
Instructor

7 Achievements

yes Don, you're super lucky cos in my game you got devoured by flies from a dozen old pizza boxes.

also...what if...THE COW IS GRUMPY OTTER?

Old 18th Jan 2018, 5:38 AM #155
vllygrl
Field Researcher

Grumpy Otter I am loving "A Pleasant Story" - great job writing your story and keeping us guessing with the mystery and our favourite sim characters! Although like several other simmers already commented, I was choked up about Brandi's death - she is my favourite premade and I end up putting her in all my custom hoods and stories. Keep on writing - I can't wait to read more!
Cheers, Vllygrl
Old 18th Jan 2018, 2:17 PM #156
grumpy_otter
Original Poster

Instructor

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom50409
Glad it was not 'termination' as in 'The Terminator'! Ha, ha! I think you have Don & Nina's relationship just right. He's a mess, but still a lot of fun to play.

I am very fond of both of them! They've always been two of my favorites. As much of a hound as Don is, I think he has a good heart.

I did name that chapter very carefully--and for one moment I thought of ending it with him on the floor, but I thought that would be too cruel, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanzen
yes Don, you're super lucky cos in my game you got devoured by flies from a dozen old pizza boxes.

also...what if...THE COW IS GRUMPY OTTER?

Hey! You keep giving me good ideas! lol And i just saw the part about how you can't decorate with cows anymore--that cracks me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vllygrl
Grumpy Otter I am loving "A Pleasant Story" - great job writing your story and keeping us guessing with the mystery and our favourite sim characters! Although like several other simmers already commented, I was choked up about Brandi's death - she is my favourite premade and I end up putting her in all my custom hoods and stories. Keep on writing - I can't wait to read more!
Cheers, Vllygrl

Thanks so much for the kind comments! I too was so sad at Brandi's death--it took me a long time to write that part as I kept tearing up. I'm so glad you are enjoying it!
Old 18th Jan 2018, 3:13 PM #157
kanzen
Instructor

7 Achievements

my hood is far too plentiful of innocent women. I'm not taking any chances!

Old Yesterday, 5:04 PM DefaultA Pleasant Story - Chapter Twenty Two - Pleasant Milestones #158
grumpy_otter
Original Poster

Instructor

1 Achievements

A Pleasant Story

Chapter Twenty Two

Pleasant Milestones

At the Pleasants, Mary-Sue and the twins returned home sadly from the Memorial. Mary-Sue dismissed the nanny and Lilith went upstairs to change into pajamas and check on Mitch, who'd been installed in the end of her room with his crib and changing table, and a bed for Kaylynn. It was a little crowded, but she didn't mind. She loved her little brother and thought he was the cutest thing ever!

He seemed happy and clean, so she just picked him up for a little cuddle time. His tummy felt a bit flat though, so she thought he might want a bottle.

She had just finished feeding him in the kitchen when Kaylynn came home from her new job in the culinary track as a drive-through clerk.

"Hey," Kaylynn said, "How was the memorial? I've been thinking about those poor kids a lot."

Lilith told her, "Dustin's taking it pretty hard, but he's got a lot of support, so I think he'll do okay. Beau turned into a teenager while we were there! That was a surprise."

Kaylynn nodded, then said, "Mitch is ready to become a toddler--I thought we could have just a little family thing tomorrow. Sound good?"

The next day, Lilith held her brother in front of the cake as Mary-Sue, Kaylynn, and Angela gathered around to witness his transformation into a little boy.

Angela seemed pretty bored, but at least she was there!

Lilith swayed back and forth with the baby as everyone blew their "growing up" horns.

She tossed him into the air and suddenly he was an adorable little boy wearing a . . . WHAT was he wearing?

Mary-Sue laughed at his outfit. "I couldn't find any boy clothes for him with the girls' old things, and they were all pretty worn out, so I thought he could wear this until we get a chance to shop for some toddler boy outfits."

"But what IS it?" Lilith asked. "I've never seen an outfit like this for a baby."

"I'm not really sure," Mary-Sue said. "I guess someone at the clothing store has a sense of humor!"

Mary-Sue continued, "But now that he's a toddler we can see if he's a music lover!" She set the little xylophone down on the floor and they all watched expectantly as Mitch tried it out. But . . . no siren sound.

"Oh, well," Kaylynn said. "But just because he doesn't have a passion for music doesn't mean he can't enjoy it. He seems to like playing with the toy, anyway."

Kaylynn took a moment to give Mitch his first lesson in potty training. It went well, but it sure was boring!

Angela turned to her Mom then and said, "If we're done with this, I'd like to leave for college today. There's really no reason to wait because I've got enough scholarships."

Mary-Sue said delightedly, "That's great! And I'll meet you at Académie Le Tour when you arrive so I can watch you turn into your college self!"

Angela hesitated a bit, then said, "I'd really rather go alone, Mom. They'll send the van for me, and I know it's not a fancy train, but it will be fine. And when I get there . . . I kind of would rather not have my Mom there. I need to show I'm grown up. You know."

Mary-Sue said, a bit sadly, "Well sure, honey. I don't have to come. I get it."

Kaylynn thought to herself that Angela should be glad she had a Mom who wanted to share her experiences and support her, but she didn't say anything about that.

What she said out loud was, "I have to leave for work now--is it okay to leave Mitch without a Nanny?"

Both Lilith and Mary-Sue said together, "Of course!"

Angela just said, "I need to go finish my packing and make sure I don't leave anything."

A few hours later, Angela came downstairs and announced, "I'm ready to leave now." She moved toward the phone to make the call that would call the college van to pick her up.

Mary-Sue objected, "Kaylynn will be home soon. You need to wait for her, please. I know she'll want to say goodbye."

Angela thought to herself that she didn't really think Kaylynn would care, but she said out loud, "Okay. I'll wait."

Lilith added, "And you might say goodbye to our brother, too."

Angela replied, "Um, he's sleeping. But I said goodbye to him in his crib."

Kaylynn arrived home then, and they gathered to watch Angela make her phone call. While she dialed, Kaylynn told Lilith she'd been promoted to fast food shift manager.

"Wow," Lilith said. "At this rate you'll be a celebrity chef by next week!"

Angela finished her call and said, "Well, bye everybody."

Mary-Sue gave her a brief hug, which Angela tolerated.

Kaylynn said, "Have fun at Académie Le Tour!"

"Right," Angela said as she left. "I'll have fun, all right."

The house suddenly seemed more peaceful as Angela left.

Lilith turned to her Mom and said, "So I want to go too, but I work tomorrow, and if I get a promotion I'll be at the top of the career track and can get the Young Entrepreneurs scholarship. With my athletic scholarship, that should be enough to cover my expenses pretty well."

Mary-Sue hugged her. "I can't believe both my girls are growing up so fast!"

Lilith went out to the mall. When she got back, she found Kaylynn reading to Mitch in the living room.

"I got Mitch some new outfits!" she said.

"Oh that's so nice, Lilith!" Kaylynn exclaimed. "Let's see them!"

Lilith took Mitch upstairs to dress him, and brought him back in a cute pair of overalls.

"So sweet!" Kaylynn squealed. "He's my little farmer! Thank you so much, Lilith. That was really nice of you."

"Are you hungry? Let's eat something," Kaylynn asked.

As they ate the spaghetti Kaylynn whipped up, she asked Lilith about her career plans.

"Do you know what you want to do?" she asked.

Lilith shook her head. "Not exactly. I know I want something active, but I'm not sure if the athletic career is right for me. I don't really love sports, and you really have to love sports in that track."

"I'll bet college will give you some time to figure it out," said Kaylynn. I wish I'd been able to stay in school but, you know, simoleon problems. But it won't matter if I can have my own restaurant!"

They suddenly heard a siren sound from the hallway where Mitch was playing with his toys. Lilith went and sat in front of him while he played with his matching blocks box.

"Hey Kaylynn," she yelled. "I think Mitch loves science!"

Kaylynn clapped. "Oh, that's wonderful!"

The next day, Sunday, Mary-Sue watched Mitch while Kaylynn and Lilith were at work. As she gave him his bath, she thought how fun it was to have a little one in the house again. Maybe she might have another one herself?

She laughed. "Better find a boyfriend, first! I don't think I'd want to do it all on my own!"

When Lilith returned home from work, she jumped from the car and celebrated. She'd been promoted to the top of the career! She could go off to college TONIGHT!

She ran into the house to tell her Mom the good news, and Mary-Sue congratulated her.

"So, what was the promotion to?" she asked.

"Uh," Lilith said, "It's um . . . " her voice dropped to a whisper, "team mascot."

"What?" Mary-Sue asked her to repeat it.

"Team Mascot," Lilith sighed.

Mary-Sue laughed. "Okay, you know what that means! Let's see it!"

"Mom, it's really lame! And I'm never going to wear it because I'm going to college!"

Mary-Sue mock-scolded her. "Now now, young lady, you know I will never let you leave this house until I get to see it!"

Lilith sighed and put on her work uniform.

"OKAY THEN! SATISFIED?" She laughed in half-anger as she posed to show off her llama costume.

Mary-Sue applauded. "I love it! It's so YOU! But you know who will love it?" She pointed upstairs. "He's ready to get up from his nap."

Lilith climbed the stairs and dressed Mitch from his nap. As his Mom had predicted, he seemed delighted with his sister's funny animal costume, and squealed happily as she tossed him in the air.

Lilith carried him downstairs so he could play with his toys, but hugged him reluctantly before she set him down. "I'm going to miss you, little bro, but I'll come back and visit you when I can, and I will definitely be here for your childhood birthday!"

Lilith changed back into her clothes, then greeted Kaylynn when she returned from work.

She told her the news about her job, which meant she'd be leaving that night.

Kaylynn said, "I'm really happy for you, but I'm sad, too. You've been such a help with Mitch!"

She handed Lilith her "Sing Along with Mitch" album and said, "Take this with you. I'm sure someone will have a turntable there, and you can learn all the songs for us to sing at Christmas."

Lilith thanked her for the present then said, "There's one last thing I want to do before I leave."

She leaned down and pulled Mitch to his feet and said, "Okay buddy, your big sister is going to teach you how to walk! This is the one thing I cooperated with learning when I was a kid, because anything that made me go faster was a good thing!"

When Mitch had learned the skill he was tired, so Lilith carried him upstairs and put him in his pajamas, then kissed him as she put him in the crib.

"I'll miss you," she said. "Be a good boy!"

Lilith hugged Kaylynn and her Mom and said her goodbyes, then called the van to take her to college. To her surprise, she got THREE scholarships. She had completely forgotten that she'd get the Extraterrestrial Reparation Grant from the time she got abducted by aliens on her teen birthday.

"Well," she said happily. "I guess getting probed paid off after all!"

When the van arrived, Lilith said to her Mom, "And you'll meet me there at school when I arrive?" Mary-Sue nodded.

As the van drove off, Mary-Sue waved sadly until it disappeared in the distance.

Old Yesterday, 6:30 PM #159
kanzen
Instructor

7 Achievements

I can smell Angela's evil plots from a mile away

Old Yesterday, 7:05 PM #160
grumpy_otter
Original Poster

Instructor

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanzen
I can smell Angela's evil plots from a mile away

I'll give you a hint; she's Lilith's twin.
Old Yesterday, 11:07 PM #161
Mom50409
Test Subject

I absolutely LOVE Lilith with her baby brother! She is so sweet. I hope she gets all A's in college and Angela does so poorly that she has to drop out. (Evil laugh!!)
Old Today, 1:32 AM #162
grumpy_otter
Original Poster

Instructor

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom50409
I absolutely LOVE Lilith with her baby brother! She is so sweet. I hope she gets all A's in college and Angela does so poorly that she has to drop out. (Evil laugh!!)

Wow--that's really funny that you say that . . .

Section jump: