Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#11851 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 1:49 PM
I would just delete it from the lot bin. The CC is safe in your downloads folder.
If you're not having problems, don't worry about the detected conflicts. A conflict is flagged when two (or more) programs address the same bit of code (BHAV I think? I only know under-the-hood things by hearsay).

The game will only use the code that loads last, which you can figure out by remembering that they load in alphabetical order. So you may not get the effect you want, in which case you should rename the file governing that effect so that it loads after the other.

Actual problems and glitches of an unpredictable nature may arise if the conflicting code is expected to relate to another bit of code in a certain way, but doesn't because it's now out of context.

Or you may not notice a problem at all.

The HCDU isn't designed to identify mods that are incompatible; only ones that conflict in this particular way. So when you're troubleshooting a problem, it may save you some troubleshooting time if you test without conflicting mods first - if the problem goes away, you can experiment with load order, or just decide that you don't really need one of them. But if that doesn't work, you're back to the 50/50.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11852 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
So Ihave some families in the bin right now, which I only want to intorduce into the hood later, like a lot later. That wouldn't be a problem...however two of them have children. Is there a way to prevent them from being brought home from school? Like is it safe to simply change them to adults in SimPE and then back into children before I move them in?

They will acquire adult LTWs when you age them up and retain them when you age them down. This is not a corruption issue because they are their LTWs but you may get weird stuff with the kids wanting to woohoo 20 lovers or the like.
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Servos: Sim or toaster? In ways they seem like a machine (but with too many "human" issues). But I just had two die from flies- or disease, it happened so fast I couldn't tell. Their body doesn't curl up like a dead Sim, they just instantly become a black pile (like from fire). BUT then the reaper shows up, and they leave a tombstone! Does that mean they are Sims, with character data?

Yes, they're sims.
Quote: Originally posted by Alpal425
Here's the stupidest as they come... How do you delete a lot? Like a custom lot that a player made that you installed. I installed it with Mootilda's Clean Installer but now I've decided I don't like it and would like to get rid of it, but I don't want to do it without knowing the safest way to, lol. It had some CC and stuff attached to it, I believe.

Just delete them from the lot bin with the delete trash can button. The CC thing is irrelevant since the CC files are placed in your Downloads folder. The only thing about them in the lot file is a code which says 'find this item in the object pool and put it in this lot.' Their presence in your game has nothing to do with their presence on that lot or any other.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#11853 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 3:13 AM
I've been having problem with the aging stopping on nearly every lot - I thought I'd set aging off but turning it on doesn't work. Moving them out and back in works, but that's really quite a pain to put all the furniture back and Inge's moveout shrub retains the glitch. Is there a way just to reset the aging controller?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#11854 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 4:27 AM
Has anyone ever looked into how many days of life a CAS created elder has on creation? Is it always the same, or can it vary?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#11855 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 6:07 AM
I thought those were the spectral assistants, honestly.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11856 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 6:24 AM
I didn't think there were any pre made neutral witches. I certainly wouldn't summon any of them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11857 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 10:39 AM
I've never seen any of them show up on community lots.
Forum Resident
#11858 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 10:45 AM
In my neighborhood all these appeared fine, but they weren't witches but now I am certain these are the sims I have seen around in my neighborhood. IDK if EA fixed the bug and made them normal sims in UC or if I have done something there fixes them?
Because I have seen Naenae, more actually, she was normal sim at my game, but I remember the name? either that or the neutral witches is really a copy of other default sims in neighborhoods? which would explain their glitches?

I build small houses *^*
Theorist
#11859 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 11:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
In my neighborhood all these appeared fine, but they weren't witches but now I am certain these are the sims I have seen around in my neighborhood. IDK if EA fixed the bug and made them normal sims in UC or if I have done something there fixes them?
Because I have seen Naenae, more actually, she was normal sim at my game, but I remember the name? either that or the neutral witches is really a copy of other default sims in neighborhoods? which would explain their glitches?

The townies in the game are generated from the small selection of face templates you see in Create a Sim and given names selected from a very small, and utterly ridiculous/useless, namelist. In addition to that the random generator in Sims 2 doesn't really work properly and can slap on the same first and last names together over and over again (hence the two townies called Ivy Cupor in Pleasantview)
So unless you have modded those things, it would not be strange at all to notice a townie with face template 2, called Naenae Kwa, without any connection to the glitched neutral witch, walking around.
Forum Resident
#11860 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
The townies in the game are generated from the small selection of face templates you see in Create a Sim and given names selected from a very small, and utterly ridiculous/useless, namelist. In addition to that the random generator in doesn't really work properly and can slap on the same first and last names together over and over again (hence the two townies called Ivy Cupor in Pleasantview)
So unless you have modded those things, it would not be strange at all to notice a townie with face template 2, called Naenae Kwa, without any connection to the glitched neutral witch, walking around.

Maybe, I kinda wanted another list with names, but on the same time, the time I tried I just hated it xD
Well how random can a game even be xD
I was just worried for two seconds.

I build small houses *^*
Forum Resident
#11861 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 12:07 PM Last edited by LilSister : 26th Jan 2018 at 12:30 PM.
When an elder dies SimPE records their number of days left as 65335 (or something like that). Should this number be the same for an Adult who dies? or should the days left be the number of days they had left in their adult stage at the time of death? Recent death of an adult Sim in my game; she is showing up in SimPE as dead (shows up in list of characters not to edited and ghost flag box checked); however her days left is still showing as 27. I've never noticed this before and this is the first non-elder death I've had in years. I can't remember if I asked this question before and if I did I forgot the answer.

off topic: I just noticed my new rank: Space Pony
Lab Assistant
#11862 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 12:21 PM
If I get BO's No Sim Loaded, am I completely safe from the SDHB? As in, how careful should I be about downloading lots from creators I don't particularly trust? I'm asking since I've never had the SDHB in my game because I rarely get lots and all of my social hacks are made by people that I trust, so I never take them out anyway, but after looking into it more I couldn't particularly figure this out.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11863 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 12:38 PM
You need NSL and Smarter EP Check by Cyjon. If you don't have the SDHB now, those two should stop it from becoming active. The SH is maxis code which is supposed to stay in the installation files, as such it won't hurt your game it is merely an annoyance. Even featured creators and well-known creators have had the SH and not known it. The SH is the least of your issues with lots, what is really dangerous is lots with sims or graves and worrisome is lots that had sims in and then moved out. You also want NSL to keep lots clean of tokens and other things, it doesn't just prevent the SH code from becoming active. The SH is like headlice it isn't picky, the best and cleanest people can have it. It's very easy to have a cc issue, pull your download folder-and oops there is the SH.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#11864 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You need NSL and Smarter EP Check by Cyjon. If you don't have the SDHB now, those two should stop it from becoming active. The SH is maxis code which is supposed to stay in the installation files, as such it won't hurt your game it is merely an annoyance. Even featured creators and well-known creators have had the SH and not known it. The SH is the least of your issues with lots, what is really dangerous is lots with sims or graves and worrisome is lots that had sims in and then moved out. You also want NSL to keep lots clean of tokens and other things, it doesn't just prevent the SH code from becoming active. The SH is like headlice it isn't picky, the best and cleanest people can have it. It's very easy to have a cc issue, pull your download folder-and oops there is the SH.

Of course, I'm very much aware of the possible corruption that could come with lots, and all of this is why I rarely get lots and when I do, it's from creators that are well-known and whom I trust. Thanks for helping clear it up a bit more, I've put NSL into my game now and hopefully all should be well.
Mad Poster
#11865 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 1:22 PM
You need the smarter EP Check as well - NSL does not work without it.
Mad Poster
#11866 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 1:58 PM
Is it normal to have generated stray pets added to a playable family? Two of my playable families have strays under their surname when I check the teleport menu in Sim Blender.
Lab Assistant
#11867 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
You need the smarter EP Check as well - NSL does not work without it.

I've had Smarter EP Check for a long time, so no worries with that
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11868 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LilSister
When an elder dies SimPE records their number of days left as 65335 (or something like that). Should this number be the same for an Adult who dies? or should the days left be the number of days they had left in their adult stage at the time of death? Recent death of an adult Sim in my game; she is showing up in SimPE as dead (shows up in list of characters not to edited and ghost flag box checked); however her days left is still showing as 27. I've never noticed this before and this is the first non-elder death I've had in years. I can't remember if I asked this question before and if I did I forgot the answer.

It's always 65335 - it seems to be a way for the game to see that the sim is dead and not to update their state (i.e. attempt to age them up) in normal gameplay.

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Is it normal to have generated stray pets added to a playable family? Two of my playable families have strays under their surname when I check the teleport menu in Sim Blender.

Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
If it helps, I know that in Strangetown, all of the strays are lumped together with the "Smith" family when you check the Summoner menu in InSImenator. I know that occasionally Townie families will adopt the surname to a random one. For instance, Pleasantview's townie family is Bendett, which is the last name to Marisa Bendett, one of the townies.

When I've tested this what it seems to be is that townie (and other groups) families take their surnames from the first member of that family to appear during hood/townie generation. I'd say it's not normal for strays to get given a playable family (name) though what might have happened is the game decided it needed to make a new strays family (it will do things like this from time to time) and generated the new stray name from the first animal generated who happened to have the same final name as your family. Take comfort though. Although SimPE and transporter cats can't tell that people with the same surname are in different families - because they use only the surname to check, the game can because it uses the family NIDs (or whatever they are - I forget exactly) to sort things out.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Scholar
#11869 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 4:56 PM
I'm not sure if this question would require a thread as it's rather short, but does anybody know how you calcuate the capacity of the fridge when your sims are cooking?
For my poverty sims, they can get a empty fridge and can only restock from produce and hacked food objects.
For example, one of my families has the Targa's super fridge which I think store 200-400 in capacity. The family only has 24 out of it, but is there a way to calculate how much each meal takes before it's empty again?
Forum Resident
#11870 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
It's always 65335 - it seems to be a way for the game to see that the sim is dead and not to update their state (i.e. attempt to age them up) in normal gameplay.

Does that include adult Sims also? Just to be safe I'm going to change it (it's actually 65535). Apparently this is the result of using the extracted version of the Rodney Tomb of Death; I tested it several times and each time I came up with the same result. I also tried another method (a death painting); the same thing happened .. her days left was recorded as the number of days she had left in her adult stage. I never have both of these mods in my folder at the same time; and I only use them for random death occurrences.
Mad Poster
#11871 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
I was wondering: Why in the love of all that's holy are the 3 default Neutral witches so screwed up? They are so glitched it's not even funny. Heck, I had tried to call one up with a certain mod (don't wanna mention the name of it) and the Sim just stood there, breathing. keep in mind i hadn't read anything regarding them on the Wiki prior to this. lol good Lord! I can't imagine why Maxis coded the Neutral ones so badly, yet the other 2 are perfectly fine to talk to / interact with and they don't have crazy appearance issues. I ended up making some perfect replicas of them and made them into townies for my Sims to call. Sure, they don't have any Witch-like characteristics, but that doesn't matter to me at all.

They aren't meant to be played with. Apparently Maxis was originally going to have 3 NPC Neutral witches just like there are 3 Good and 3 Evil NPC ones, but changed their minds and deactivated them (or ran out of time to implement them properly?). If you look through CAS with the testing cheats on, you can even find a face paint/costume makeup that was supposed to be used for them (unfortunately it's blank).
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11872 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LilSister
Does that include adult Sims also? Just to be safe I'm going to change it (it's actually 65535). Apparently this is the result of using the extracted version of the Rodney Tomb of Death; I tested it several times and each time I came up with the same result. I also tried another method (a death painting); the same thing happened .. her days left was recorded as the number of days she had left in her adult stage. I never have both of these mods in my folder at the same time; and I only use them for random death occurrences.

Yes, all dead sims. And you're right it is 65535. Not sure why you're getting that result - maybe try another form of death? I don't know if it's a problem as your dead sims will have a death token. You might check and see if they age in normal gameplay.

Alchemist
#11873 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 9:38 PM
how did Maxis/EA decide the names of pre-made playables?

shipped version pet names (in file named "Live.package"); were those names of pets that the game makers owned?
Forum Resident
#11874 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Yes, all dead sims. And you're right it is 65535. Not sure why you're getting that result - maybe try another form of death? I don't know if it's a problem as your dead sims will have a death token. You might check and see if they age in normal gameplay.

I fixed it in Simpe. It was only one Sim and she was aging just fine up until her untimely death from the flu ... She aged as normal at 6 p.m. and then she succumbed to the flu Anyhoo ... I've got a theory and if it checks out I'll let you know. Thanks a bunch.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11875 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 10:40 PM
I meant in normal gameplay when they're dead. Anyway, you fixed it.

Page 475 of 1345