Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#5251 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 4:23 PM
I've never tried to hang one of the Seasons sunlamps over a pool, but...if it's possible, then two permaplat plantsims could play Marco Polo...forever.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#5252 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 7:25 PM
Last night I dreamed that I downloaded a custom neighbourhood but for some reason a few of the lots were glitched and Sims would drop through the floor and disappear into the void and eventually starve to death. Was a bit weird, that.

I was looking through the Sim Browser of my first custom hood, Black Mesa, and...I had a Sim named Pumpkin. I'm not sure why.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#5253 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 11:22 PM
I finally got ACR. I'm such a control freak when it comes to my sims and I was so scared about getting it, but I got it. Annnd... Now I don't understand why I didn't get it earlier.
I haven't been having too much drama, but it's really cool to see townies (and dormies in uni) just interacting with each other in ways they never did before. I also realised that this gives an actual use to chemistry other than just sims swooning all of the time. I'm really loving it so far and happy that I decided to finally put this in my game.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5254 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 1:39 AM
This is quite a remarkable time in the Sims 2 world. First Numenor came back with a new version of Any Game Starter. Now I see Quaxi is back helping with problems with SimPE and registering new GUIDs. See this thread! (I'll have to have a look at that thread myself.)

As far as I know, Numenor and Quaxi were both last active here long before I even bought my game.

Thanks and welcome back both of you!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Alchemist
#5255 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 2:02 AM
Whoa, thanks for spreading the word @AndrewGloria. It's wonderful that people who've left years ago are still willing to come back and help those of us who are still currently playing.
Lab Assistant
#5256 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 3:07 AM
I realized that I'm a tremendous hypocrite because one of my favorite aspects of this game is documentation and character development, and I always log on to MTS hoping to see more photos in the photo section, but I rarely post there myself. I seriously have clicked through virtually every thread there all the way to the beginning just to see snippets of other folks' games and sims and their stories.

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Instructor
#5257 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 9:40 PM
I'm so into this song even if I don't understand the lyrics.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Mad Poster
#5258 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 11:26 PM
[QUOTE=AndrewGloria]This is quite a remarkable time in the Sims 2 world. First Numenor came back with a new version of Any Game Starter. Now I see Quaxi is back helping with problems with SimPE and registering new GUIDs. See this thread! (I'll have to have a look at that thread myself.)QUOTE]
I have not been able to make AGS work. Will have to try to find his new version.
Umm for me that link was utterly confusing. And can't find new AGS.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#5259 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Umm for me that link was utterly confusing. And can't find new AGS.

The link Andrew Gloria provided was regarding SimPE. Here's a link to the newest AGS: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=604873
Mad Poster
#5260 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 8:36 PM
That version of AGS is ONLY for Ultimate Collection. Disapoint.

Mad Poster
#5261 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 9:11 PM
The new AGS is just updated to work with the UC - you can still use the old one, @grammapat.
Field Researcher
#5262 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 10:25 PM
@grammapat, the old AGS has also had some bug fixes, and is still where it always was:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=250555
Theorist
#5263 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 11:22 PM
I didn't know that the "watch kids enabled for all houses" was so awesome.
Instructor
#5264 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 11:37 PM
I had a stressful day, and I need to unwine. I haven't played The Sims 2 in months (could be the reason why i'm so frustrated), so I'm opening the game later, in hopes to calm my nerves.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#5265 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 1:53 AM
Come on, game! You've only been running for 3 days testing this idea. Why did you have to crash?

Sorry, computer. I know, I know, I know better. So sorry.

(How the heck did I use 280 GB of 298 GB? Such pretty cc, that's how!)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Field Researcher
#5266 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TuxxedoCat
I finally got ACR. I'm such a control freak when it comes to my sims and I was so scared about getting it, but I got it. Annnd... Now I don't understand why I didn't get it earlier.

OMG, I felt the same way when I first installed ACR! I love it now and wouldn't play without it. My favorites things are the mayhem that occurs in large dorms, and the booty calls just because they're funny.

I also use it to make my sims have rather a high risk of accidental pregnancy, because I love playing for genetics and also just because it amuses me.
Mad Poster
#5267 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by muridae
@grammapat, the old AGS has also had some bug fixes, and is still where it always was:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=250555

I only knew about the new one because I had posted that the "old one" was not working for me - and it still does not work for me

Mad Poster
#5268 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 4:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
I love how the sofas in Sims 2 cave in when Sims sit / lounge on them and get back up. I love it! I can't even imagine how they managed to do it.

Easy..the cushions have morphs.
When a sim sits, the *groove* morph which seems to be named indent, is called for that(these) cushion(s). When the sim gets up, the normal mesh is called back. If your sofa is a 3 seater, your sofa mesh will have 3 *indent* morphs, one per seat. (and that includes the cushion you rest your back on)
The normal sofa mesh in this case is called materials.
The morph meshes are called ~04MORPHMOD
Just sharing my knowledge since you seemed to wonder. @frogz2007
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#5269 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 7:59 AM
This game is filled up with goodies, no wonder it's my favorite. A lot of bad things have been said about the team, but they used to rock regardless. ahah! You are welcome.

Forum Resident
#5270 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 12:43 PM
I think I'm gonna enjoy the movie posters recolours in Riverblossom Hills. Gabe will enjoy "When Harry met Sally", but his ex-wife will only visit if "Tomb Raider" is showing. I wonder if I can use a build/buy enabler to change what's showing daily at the local cinema.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5271 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 12:51 PM
Lots of objects call for changed morphs. It's a pretty common thing (open fridges, drawers in counters, seasonal trees, empty pet bowls, food etc. etc.)

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#5272 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 3:51 PM
I was not sure anymore where I was in my new map project. This is what usually happens when I stop playing for a while! I am so eager to play. I am almost ready...
Only step left to do is building lots, community and residential/apartments.
I need parks for kids, stores of all kind, well..mostly grocery and clothing...and a Simetery for all the future dying population...maybe a corner store to go buy bread? mmmm bread...
My 'Hood seems naked now, with its only 5 lots...lol but building more of them and adding Hood decorations will turn it into a lovely place to live! I can't wait.

Field Researcher
#5273 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 7:58 AM
It would be nice to have "Open TS2" - like "OTTD (Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe)"...
Forum Resident
#5274 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 9:55 AM
I never knew the make out in couch changed from sim couple to sim couple. Some spend no time and other is there for like the whole day and what they do changes to. I never knew that but I started to observe since Paul is making out a lot.

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#5275 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 6:42 PM
You know, when you make of have some recolors for a piece of architecture, or worst, that piece is part of a set which you used all of it, and then you have the great idea of recoloring a whole building in game using the design tool that uses 34567 pieces? Well that's freaking long to recolor ok?

Page 211 of 515