Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2023 at 11:25 AM
Default How Many Years Left In The Sims 4?
When do you think will the production and development end?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Smeg Head
#2 Old 25th Feb 2023 at 12:39 PM
A couple years back (when TS4 was already dragged on too long) I suggested it would actually be a great marketing strategy to release Sims 5 in 2025. During a grand 25 years of the Sims anniversary spectacular. With all kinds of giveaways and hype for Sims 5. No-one knew back then if they were even working on a Sims 5, but of course it's inevitable and the 25 year anniversary mark would be a marketing dream. Looks like that is coming to pass now. However, I also suggested they cannot drag out TS4 till then. That's just a terrible idea. TS4 was knackered back then. Just an awful idea. I imagined perhaps a Sims Medieval 2 or something else similar, to hold the franchise over for four years until 2025.

Well, that was a good few years ago. And TS4 just keeps on going. With only two years left until 2025, and no sign of a Medieval 2 popping up in the interim to hold over - no point now - then it's TS4 till late 2024, early 2025 or until all our computers fail to run the bloated mess. Whichever happens first, take your pick, till the marketing dream release of TS5 in 2025, 25 year anniversary grand spectacular occurs - maybe in 2026 due to technical delays.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2023 at 7:33 PM
It be funny if they turn Medieval into story-driven expansion pack with its own olde-themed world.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 25th Feb 2023 at 10:37 PM
Too many.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 25th Feb 2023 at 11:30 PM
While I am not as positive about the new DLC, I am looking forward to seeing new updates in the form of patches. I still hope that they start listening to the community and that they start fixing bugs.

The game is buggy and fixing those bugs should be the priority. You just cannot add walls to a house if the foundation is shaky! Quantity cannot prevail over quality.

I understand that the devs are trying sometimes. That is why they gave us infants and Growing together, but fixing bugs should be a big priority. Having a lot of bugs in the game just ruins their (EA and TS team) reputation.

Also, I have heard that the most recent packs have a very small testing team. That is a problem because that just means that more bugs are not resolved. How can you have a big design team and a small error checking team? It makes no sense.

Others are constantly talking about how some packs in the game are still broken and buggy, such as My wedding stories and Dine out.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 26th Feb 2023 at 12:30 AM
"How Many Years Left In The Sims 4?"

At the rate of how things are going, way too many. I expected Sims 5 to be released around when Sims 4 hit its fifth year. If that had happened we'd be expecting Sims 6 to be released soon-ish instead. I feel like the 4-5 year cycle works the best for Sims games, that's enough time for additional content and it still should work pretty decently then, and that much time sure worked for the first three games so four has way stayed past its welcome in my opinion and it's staying together only by duct tape, best wishes and prayers anymore.

I guess the more serious/realistic answer would be "It'll end whenever Sims 5 is about ready to be released or when the game really can no longer handle all the expansion/stuff/game packs and kits and they'll drop it like a hot potato never fixing its problems."
Field Researcher
#7 Old 26th Feb 2023 at 12:27 PM
So many things about this game blows my mind. The fact that it's lasted this long has melted it into a puddle of goo.
But I have to admit, somehow it maintains its popularity despite all.

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Forum Resident
#8 Old 26th Feb 2023 at 11:49 PM
I want it to end, but it won't. It's like the world's worst menstrual cycle.

In all seriousness, I honestly can't fathom how we'll have had the game for a whole decade next year. EA needs to put this corpse out of its misery already.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Test Subject
#9 Old 27th Feb 2023 at 10:21 AM
i like the sims4 cause it's mod friendly, yeah it have many downfall than sims3. but at least it runs well on my current spec. sims4 seems still going for a long time more, unless the dlc not selling well. that's why stop buying dlc guys, if you buys it EA thingk fandom gonna eat whatever trash they sell as dlc.

if EA gonna works in sims5 they need fresh brain, cause sims series get worse every literation. they can't let this franchise dead like simscity cause original disbanded. my though is EA still have no idea how to make sim5 better than sims4. as far as i know maxis original team last work in sims3, and they disbanded by EA. and EA make sims4 on their own, and they butchered the game by split the content to DLC. and many other dev make sims-like game, where the customitation is near as complex as sims4.
Scholar
#10 Old 27th Sep 2023 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
When do you think will the production and development end?

Definately not in foreseeable future, it will continue even after TS5 is released, they will both be selling DLC for both games side-by-side.

https://simsvip.com/2023/09/12/conf...ne-is-released/
Alchemist
#11 Old 27th Sep 2023 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by itskatie
I want it to end, but it won't. It's like the world's worst menstrual cycle.

In all seriousness, I honestly can't fathom how we'll have had the game for a whole decade next year. EA needs to put this corpse out of its misery already.

Like GTA Online. As long as it's making money, it's not going anywhere.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 27th Sep 2023 at 9:31 PM
As said, as long as it makes money for them they will keep it going. And that could be years. Quite a few.
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Oct 2023 at 7:19 AM
There is no end in sight. I think EA sees it as "expandable" for many years to come. The money train is not worth stopping which is why I think "the next Sims game" is now not Sims 5, but an "Alternative" online multiplayer experience.

Honestly, my Sims 4 base game was running perfect (only started playing Sims 4 maybe a month and a half ago), even with a few mods ... I thought the bugginess of Sims 4 was over exaggerated. So I bought a bundle and a few packs on sale, I experienced bugs almost immediately. Nothing game breaking, but base was fairly stable before packs. But almost everyone is gonna want to add packs and with a handful, my game got twice as glitchy. I don't see how more packs for the forseeable future is gonna help this game. Honestly, once EA stops adding packs the modders will be able to clean the game up probably. And EA won't come behind them and break it!

Honestly, EA doesn't care about the bugs once it's not a money maker. So ideally they'd stop adding packs and just fix bugs. But that's not EA, they will produce more packs over the bugs..make new bugs and just abandon the game buggy when they officially move on in like another 10 years with 100 Sims 4 packs under their belt. And brag about how popular the game was.