Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 4:59 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Body Shop question
I used to have a tutorial on How to Use Bodyshop. I can't find it. I have googled and searched the sim wiki without success. I have used Bodyshop for years to recolor clothes and to make sims but I have forgotten how to get closeups of anything but the face. I need to be able to view closeups of shoes, patterns, and other details without having to put it in game and go into CAS only to find something doesn't match up. I can remember being able to do that in the past but don't remember how.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 8:25 AM
F3 lets you zoom in, but it sucks at getting pictures of the feet.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 1:05 PM
You need to use F3 to its full extent with all the mouse buttons. It's actually quite good at getting a good view of shoes or any other details. You may need to rotate the sim with the arrows at the bottom to get good lighting.

F3=free camera (Right mouse button zooms, Left button rotates, right+left together moves the camera)
F5= make background black
F6=T-pose (choose any option to the right, or click the "update" button to get the arms at hips pose again).
F7=Zoom to body (after F8)
F8= Zoom to face (after F7)
F9=Removes the menu (useful for screenshots), press it again to get the menu back

F1, F2, F4 and F10/11/12 don't seem to do anything.
Scholar
#4 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 8:09 PM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 2nd Jun 2019 at 8:02 PM.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLICK HERE for a PDF on The Sims 2 BodyShop. Courtesy of "Sims 2 World"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To add to the F5 function, the "black background" that displays is actually BodyShop trying to find a background picture to display. If it doesn't find one, it defaults to a black backdrop.

The application tries to find the background image in the "...Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\" directory with the filename "userBkg.bmp"

NOTE: The image must be exactly 1024x768 pixels in resolution if your BodyShop application is displayed that large. Or if your application is on the smaller setting, then an image of 800x600 pixels would be needed. The application doesn't resize the background image. It will display the image from its top-left corner going outward. You can also replace the image even if the application is active by overwriting the file, clicking F5 to put back the regular background, and pressing F5 again to display the new backdrop.

So if you place "userBkg.bmp" in the directory, you can hit F5 and it will display behind the Sim you're currently working on. Observe:

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 12:41 AM
YES!!! That is what I was missing. The right mouse button. I remembered that the F keys did things and had rediscovered all of them but couldn't remember how to move the model up and down. I've got a different background made by Windkeeper that I got back in 2006. I didn't have it in my current game but it's a package file that goes in the Config folder. I don't think F5 affects it but I don't remember for sure. Haven't used it in a couple of years. I had also forgotten that the Prima Guide had anything about Bodyshop. My memory is leaking all sorts of stuff. Looking in that guide now I see that you can make Bodyshop full screen by pressing Alt + Enter. Yay!!
Thank you all so much. My recoloring is going to be a little easier now. Hugs.

@d_dgjdhh - That last pic is fascinating. Both because it's a gorgeous scene and because the model is so tiny. Did you do that by pushing him with the right mouse button in F3?
Alchemist
#6 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 12:52 AM
the main site had some bodyshop tutorials; accessible through Wayback Machine version of site.
and Sims Resource has some bodyshop tutorials.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 1:38 AM
Love the multiple versions of Superman.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#8 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 4:37 AM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 21st Jan 2018 at 6:43 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by hedgekat
(...) @d_dgjdhh - That last pic is fascinating. Both because it's a gorgeous scene and because the model is so tiny. Did you do that by pushing him with the right mouse button in F3?
Yes, basically doing F3 to move around the camera freely.

Then doing F5 to remove the set w/clothes.

Then rotating the Sim on the the circle platform ("<" or ">" keys) to have the light shine on the back w/cape.

Then zooming out onto that area of the Fortress of Solitude concept art (holding "right" mouse button).

Then rotating the camera to whatever position I need the light to shine from (holding "left" mouse button).

Then positioning the Sim towards the area in the middle (holding "left & right" mouse button).

Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Love the multiple versions of Superman.

Thanks for the compliment, I was tweaking the face multiple times to get a version I'd like to look at. One day I'll be releasing this version of Superman on ModTheSims. I've tried tweaking the body mesh to make it more perfect, but I've settled on this version for some time. It's the 11th iteration of the design. I think I need better texturing for the shirt and pants, in the sense that I have to add more wrinkles/fold shadows. And maybe improve the belt, but I don't know. At least the belt is an accessory this time around, instead of a clothing option. That should bring down the numbers of combinations from 16 to 8 once it gets released (in who knows when in the future).

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!