Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#12851 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 6:52 PM
Where's Inge's teleporter cat located in the catalog?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#12852 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 6:58 PM
Deco/Statues. It costs $1 so it'll be on the first page probably.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#12853 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
And let me try again:
So why/how did the modular stairs get a "slot"? And it happens with ALL of them.

Might it be related to the fix to make it possible for Sims to walk under the highest part of the open underneath stairs? I know when I was testing some of them in game I found that I could put objects under there, without moveobjects on, that would happily poke through. Didn't test whether sims could then walk up past all that, because it was a non-occupied test lot. And of course, that's under rather than on, so may be something different entirely.

I've got one house in Elsewhere where the paper gets delivered underneath the bottom step every day. People can come by and steal it, but the owners of the property can't get to it unless I help them by going into buy mode and moving it. I guess I probably need to move the mailbox, but maybe I should check out which modular stairs it is as well.
Scholar
#12854 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 4:07 PM
Should it still be possible to use Delphy's Download Organiser (the newest build) to find object recolor orphans? I thought I remembered how to do this, but even though I've done a full scan / scanned for Orphans, clicked the 'Show Orphans' checkbox, it's showing me a lot of stuff that doesn't look like orphans. For example, recolors of BB's Shakerlicious Dishwasher ... even though the main dishwasher object is definitely present.

I went on a deco deletion binge in-game this weekend, thinking I could clean up leftover recolors with DDO. Oops.
Alchemist
#12855 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
Should it still be possible to use Delphy's Download Organiser (the newest build) to find object recolor orphans? I thought I remembered how to do this, but even though I've done a full scan / scanned for Orphans, clicked the 'Show Orphans' checkbox, it's showing me a lot of stuff that doesn't look like orphans. For example, recolors of BB's Shakerlicious Dishwasher ... even though the main dishwasher object is definitely present.

I went on a deco deletion binge in-game this weekend, thinking I could clean up leftover recolors with DDO. Oops.

Mine just did. I just let it run and then click the show orphans box near the bottom left, but I have no idea what the latest build would be. I have v1.2 Build 3379 Rev. 27454, Ultimate Collection downloaded.
Mad Poster
#12856 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 12:58 AM
Removing age within hair recolor package, or mesh or..is there something quicker than this?
http://modthesims.info/t/89652

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#12857 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 1:25 AM
Delete the PropertySet for the age/gender you want to remove (Mesh overlay for accessories), make a new recolor in Bodyshop using the edited file, and voila! The extra resources for that age are removed safely. Works most of the time without issues. The instructions in the tutorial show how.

I'd advice against deleting the 3DIR, because it doesn't always show the right age in the list (most of the time it shows the wrong property set). It's also too easy to delete the wrong resources elsewhere, plus it's a lot of being sure you've removed the right files. And why do it when you only need to worry about one resource?

For meshes you just delete the 4 resources belonging to that age/gender, and save the file.

For accessories you can zero out the age and gender in Property set if you want to keep but hide the ages. I often do that with my all-age/gender accessories if I don't want a color to work for male sims or want to hide a childish design for older ages. That way they're still available if I change my mind. Don't do this for hairs, though - might accidentally cause issues.
Mad Poster
#12858 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 1:31 AM
I'm sorry, I am not sure I understand...This new hair I downloaded has a dozen of recolors...I personally don't recolor hair, I have no idea about this. Removing the ages I am not interested in, in the mesh package tells me that this won't be a good idea, but then I would rather not have to edit a dozen of files.

Mad Poster
#12859 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 1:36 AM
So what exactly are you trying to do? Removing, say, toddler and child because there aren't meshes for them? It's enough to delete the PropertySet, and the hairs won't show for that age/gender, and you don't have to do anything to the mesh (extra mesh resources won't do anything if not use - they're just there).

For the mesh, you can delete the CRES/SHPE/GMND/GMDC for the age/gender you want to remove, though. It's not really needed, as the mesh won't do anything much without a recolor.
Mad Poster
#12860 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 1:39 AM
So..in order to get rid of all ages I do not want, I must make my own recolors?..Ok then, I'll endure them all. This seems almost more work than edit all 12-15 recolors to delete their property sets!
I'll pass. Thank you.

Mad Poster
#12861 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 1:44 AM
No, it's enough to delete the PropertySet resource in the recolors (you only have to make new ones if you want the resources to go away completely, but they don't do anything if you leave them in). With the PropertySet resource gone, the game won't be able to show the hair for that age/gender. You don't have to worry about the extra resources.
Mad Poster
#12862 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 1:48 AM
Deleting the property set of ages i do not want is exactly what the tutorial I linked tells me to do. It just becomes long when you have all Pooklets colors to do for one hair style.

Mad Poster
#12863 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 2:01 AM
If you were looking for an easier method, there isn't one that I know of. You'll have to edit each file separately anyway. Deleting only the PropertySet is the easiest method I know of.

(the tutorial also says to delete 3DIR and a few other resources, and while you can delete them I'd advice not to simply because it's too easy to delete the wrong ones).

You can also use Cat's hair binner to remove ages, but you still have to edit the hairs, and the tool is meant to be used with hairs that aren't binned to start with. http://ww2.modthesims.info/d/434016
Mad Poster
#12864 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 2:11 AM
So relaying on the instance number is not even safe? I'll just go for property set then. Thank you.

Mad Poster
#12865 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 2:30 AM
Not for hairs (instance numbers work fine for accessories, though). I mostly rely on the Material Definition matching when dealing with hairs, because it's been right so far.
Scholar
#12866 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 5:19 AM
Is it proven that the extra data in a direct clone from SimPE can corrupt, or is it just being safe? I kinda wanna test it out and see if anything weird happens in a few ingame weeks. I know, I ask stupid stuff like this all of the time.
Mad Poster
#12867 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 5:47 AM
To the best of my knowledge, we don't know that it isn't. Bodyshop files are a lot smaller than SimPE clone files, we know that, but at least some of that data is just the different changes of clothing. And does bodyshop automatically compress files? We don't know. So the BS cloning step is best practices and should always be done before sharing sims; but for your own game it's a "do at your own risk" sort of thing. And I've been known to skip it, myself, if the clone's going into a neighborhood I already know is broken, or into a testing hood. Because there's no reason to think merely adding a SimPE clone is going to make Drama Acres noticeably harder to play!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#12868 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 5:50 AM
I,want To have the

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#12869 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 5:53 AM
Dont put butter on burns.That is bad advise.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#12870 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 10:20 AM Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : 27th Mar 2018 at 11:41 AM.
Sorry, sleeptyping again.

EDIT: The 'don't put butter on burns' thing is interesting though. It's not a thing I've ever heard of and yet googling it it actually is a bad idea to do that.

Mad Poster
#12871 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 12:24 PM
Indeed, would you put oil on fire?

Mad Poster
#12872 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 12:29 PM
If it's a grease fire, don't put water on it either. Either use a fire extinguisher or (if it's in a pan) put the lid over it. I think baking soda will also put it out but you need a lot of baking soda.

Mad Poster
#12873 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 12:29 PM
Am I the only person who shuts my computer down before I go to sleep? XD
Mad Poster
#12874 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 12:40 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 27th Mar 2018 at 12:52 PM.
Rosebine, Theo's hair binner in SimPE deletes surplus ages if you uncheck them in the list when you bin. It's very quick and easy to use if you keep the files in the same folder. You can also hide age categories with wardrobe wrangler, although that leaves the resources there taking up space, just prevents it from showing in game.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#12875 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 1:22 PM
WW only shows the hair available for toddlers (toddlers being the only checked age)before I delete that age, and only shows to be available to child after I remove the toddler age. (removing as in, open the recolor and delete toddler's property set)
So I do not think I will trust WW for this as I might not understand it enough, besides, Since only one age shows as being available..what happens if I uncheck it?, so yeah. No ww for me, for this project.
I never heard of Theo's hair binner in SimPE? But the hair i download are usually already binned. I do though, have Cat's hair binner that Simmer22 linked.

Page 515 of 1347