Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#7951 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 12:09 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 14th Apr 2018 at 12:56 AM. Reason: typos
The Sim Manipulator has an easy to use Change Last Name option under Misc.

Then just type in the new name for the Sim. I don't know if it's available for babies, but, as far as I can see, it works for everyone else. I've been using it for years now, especially for new townies created in CAS. I really only use SimPE when I want to change the family/household name (e.g. to give a double-barrelled name to newly-weds).

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7952 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 1:00 PM
I tested the Manipulator just now and it works fine for babies. You don't even have to make the baby selectable. I don't know why I didn't think of the Manipulator when I answered before.
Mad Poster
#7953 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 4:29 PM
Looking for a hack that makes homework reachable from that stupid side of the desk. I dunno why it happens.
Mad Poster
#7954 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 7:14 PM
I'd like a Story Time hack.
I thought of creating it myself, I probably need more modding knowledge before I can make it work, but it is a project of mine.
How would it work :
A cushion on the floor, which offers a Story Time! option when clicked on by a teen or older sim, given there is a bookcase in the same room. It could also be a chair.
The sim would then walk to the bookcase, and pick a Children book.
Then this sim would go sit on the cushion, and start to Read to.

Other cushions, different meshes/different object, would then need to be placed on the floor, nearby that first one where the reader sits.
These other cushions would be available to toddler and children.
When clicked by toddlers and children, these cushions would offer a Listen To Story option.
Tots and kids would then walk to the cushion, and sit on them.

Ideally, the reader would start reading when all cushions have a sim sitting on it, ready to listen.
This would give comfort, fun, and energy to all. Some Literature Enthusiasm as well.
It could also improve Creativity a bit for the listeners, since Imagination skill does not exist.

I'm a dreamer.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#7955 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 7:59 PM
Darren is about to Rock, and he salutes you.

Mad Poster
#7956 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 10:57 PM
I know there's no possibility of this ever being created, but what if someone designed a hoverboard for transportation? Like an airborne skateboard?

I think it'd be cool. I'd also like to have an updated version of Beck's skateboard for teens and adults...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#7957 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I'd like a Story Time hack.
I thought of creating it myself, I probably need more modding knowledge before I can make it work, but it is a project of mine.
How would it work :
A cushion on the floor, which offers a Story Time! option when clicked on by a teen or older sim, given there is a bookcase in the same room. It could also be a chair.
The sim would then walk to the bookcase, and pick a Children book.
Then this sim would go sit on the cushion, and start to Read to.

Other cushions, different meshes/different object, would then need to be placed on the floor, nearby that first one where the reader sits.
These other cushions would be available to toddler and children.
When clicked by toddlers and children, these cushions would offer a Listen To Story option.
Tots and kids would then walk to the cushion, and sit on them.

Ideally, the reader would start reading when all cushions have a sim sitting on it, ready to listen.
This would give comfort, fun, and energy to all. Some Literature Enthusiasm as well.
It could also improve Creativity a bit for the listeners, since Imagination skill does not exist.

I'm a dreamer.

Something like this? https://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=577564
Top Secret Researcher
#7958 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Something like this? http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=577564

That's so cool.
Mad Poster
#7959 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 5:43 AM
Hey! This is cool indeed. Thanks for the find.

Mad Poster
#7960 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I somehow doubt this is possible, but one of the features in TS3 I liked is the ability to study or do a skilling activity only until the next skill point, but only if you choose to do that. I could see the stopping part being possible but I'm not sure how it'd be toggled.

I feel like how it could be done that is a new interaction (besides the nested) exists for "do x until a skill point is gained" and queue ups an icon (similar to what Macrotastics does) that indicates that feature is selected.
Mad Poster
#7961 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 3:39 AM
I'd like to see Body, Charisma, Logic and Creativity under Study on bookcases.

Theorist
#7962 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 4:30 AM
I know that iCad did made the Billy Bookcase autonomous, but I'd like to see some of the others made so. I like the autonomy of it, but to have the same bookcase in EVERY home :/
Mad Poster
#7963 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 4:44 AM
I wouldn't mind also seeing some of the other skillables (lifetime happiness, fire safety) made autonomous.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#7964 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 4:46 AM
Quote:
"I'd like to see Body, Charisma, Logic and Creativity under Study on bookcases."

Monique's computer has those under "Study" skills.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Mad Poster
#7965 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 5:19 AM
Yes, but this computer is expensive and not all my sims can afford it. So on bookcases, that'd be great. As for Icad's, they do not come in all original recolors, and the autonomous is the only option, so I did not keep it.

Mad Poster
#7966 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 6:54 AM
The Education career reward is a bookcase with all the skills. Buyable career rewards, or I think BO's aspiration notebook thingy lets you buy them for points if you don't want to cheat.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#7967 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 7:54 AM
I would love to have a mirrored version of Huge Lunatic's backless showertub.
Or a global mod which doesn't make tubs unusable when I place a sink next to the tub's water-tap.
Field Researcher
#7968 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 10:22 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 16th Apr 2018 at 1:19 PM. Reason: not a sharing thread!
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I'd like to see Body, Charisma, Logic and Creativity under Study on bookcases.

It's a simple task: Write a new Guardian BHAV (0x204A Group 0x7F327BCE). Try this
Mad Poster
#7969 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 11:31 AM
There is a cheap alternative to the big computer: the laptop made by TakaMQ at Insim.
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,93501.0.html

It only costs $1. That's pretty darn cheap. It has all the functions of the fully-dressed out computer.

Mad Poster
#7970 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 12:21 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 16th Apr 2018 at 1:20 PM.
Oh! Thank you so much clsve!
Put it in my game, and tried this at UNI, on a Billy Bookcase. Oops..it does not work by itself? Is it something I must add to and make a mod? lol...The sims go toward the bookcase, then it cancels..

Thanks FranH, though I would feel like cheating much...lol

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#7971 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 1:20 PM
Field Researcher
#7972 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 1:00 AM
DeeDee and CrispandKerosine mentioned a project to clone the Apartment Life dog cage to make a pet rabbit. It's such a cool idea! Sadly, DeeDee doesn't know how to do it and there is no sign of C&K starting this project. 4 Sims games with animals and only the first one has some bloody rabbits and those are pests! (Still cute though.) Hey, even defaulting the cage-dog would be fine with me, I have Pets, I already have dogs.
I also wished it was easier for people to make objects that teach skills. I have so many for The Sims, but because creating objects and animations is way harder in the sequels we mostly have to do with what we have.
Forum Resident
#7973 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 5:18 AM
I'd like to see sims sitting at desk reading/doing homework/writing react the same way they do when they fall asleep eating. Who hasn't gotten drowsy when working on those things?

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Scholar
#7974 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 9:54 AM
I would love to have spear fishing and cooking fish over an open flame like in TS2 Castaway Stories.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Forum Resident
#7975 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 10:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
I'd like to see sims sitting at desk reading/doing homework/writing react the same way they do when they fall asleep eating. Who hasn't gotten drowsy when working on those things?

Fall asleep whilst doing homework/assignment
Page 319 of 582