Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#7901 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 7:19 PM
Yes, some do want to compete, and if that's how have fun, then that's not ridiculous. Live and let live, afaic. They can have a ball in the contest forum, and other places for sim competition, and I'll be happy for them. I feel bad about keeping this hijack going, so this is my last post on it all.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#7902 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 8:10 PM
What I'd like is I'd like a mod to let more than one pet eat from a bowl at once. My sims haven't the time or space to keep one bowl for each pet, and it seems like they're always hogging them when another one is hungry.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#7903 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 8:22 PM
Not to mention the whole pet ownership issue, where they might end up challenging each other and then fighting.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7904 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
But a social group for brainstorming and suggestions would be ok, wouldn't it? And the posters would have to have some basic understanding of how Sims 2 works, and that for Pete's SAKE the mod-makers are NOT MAGICAL XD

I made a thread a while back for the pictures forum for showing off what you're working on. I like seeing what others are doing. I think I'd prefer that to a social group since it's open to everyone. Social groups you have to specifically join.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=564583

And Creator Feedback and the modding forums are great when you want to test or get help.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#7905 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 9:52 PM
Oh, I am glad you mention it, maxon - I have missed it somehow.
Mad Poster
#7906 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 10:17 PM
It'd be fun to be able to move UNI students back to the main 'Hood together, so they end up in the same House & Lots Bin, bin.
Even though couples have formed in college, they all end up as individual sim once back home. Then you must merge households.
They should already be together and allowed to be!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Inventor
#7907 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
It'd be fun to be able to move UNI students back to the main 'Hood together, so they end up in the same House & Lots Bin, bin.
Even though couples have formed in college, they all end up as individual sim once back home. Then you must merge households.

Imagine my surprise when I first got Uni and was confused that my engaged graduates couldn't move back together. I was so pissed I stopped sending sims to college for a while before I accepted it as is .
Mad Poster
#7908 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 10:27 PM
I know right? This is such a shame.

Inventor
#7909 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 10:34 PM
Also whenever I sent 'going steady' teen sims to college they would revert back to 'best friends' status. I guess it can apply to real life since people and relationships change, but it would've been nice to keep the allusion of high school sweethearts going through college, falling in love, and finally getting engaged, if that makes sense. I just woke up so this seems a little jumbled .
Mad Poster
#7910 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
Also whenever I sent 'going steady' teen sims to college they would revert back to 'best friends' status. I guess it can apply to real life since people and relationships change, but it would've been nice to keep the allusion of high school sweethearts going through college, falling in love, and finally getting engaged, if that makes sense. I just woke up so this seems a little jumbled .

This exist, and I have!
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=15.0
Scroll down, Age Transition - Teens Keep Loves

Inventor
#7911 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 11:23 PM
This exist, and I have!
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=15.0
Scroll down, Age Transition - Teens Keep Loves

aaaaaahhhh thank you! Bookmarking it now
Alchemist
#7912 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 11:30 PM

A mod for this was done fairly recently, by Lamare: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=600518

I haven't tried it myself cuz I have Inteen.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#7913 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
MTS had a requests forum ages ago. There will never be another again. It was filled with over the top requests that very, very few creators could make, and the things that were made were never appreciated by the requester.

The first rule of the social groups is to follow all site rules. So making a social group for requests is indeed against the site rules.

Fair enough. Good to know that majority in here in this thread can grasp the general understanding what they think is possible or isn't too near accuracy and are thankful, based on my observation at least
Mad Poster
#7914 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 12:03 AM
I'd like to see an aerial decorative object made and have certain channels or functions tied to the aerial. Basically, without the aerial, most TVs wouldn't have any reception and sims could only use them to watch movies or play games, or watch the news and a couple other channels. Also, a Satellite dish object would be awesome.
Mad Poster
#7915 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
A mod for this was done fairly recently, by Lamare: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=600518

I haven't tried it myself cuz I have Inteen.

True!!!, and I tried it...but then I decided to go back to my Inteen, and had to remove all Lamare's mod that would conflict with it. :/

Lab Assistant
#7916 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 12:18 AM
I'd like a mod that would make the party guest pool include all sims known by any member of the household, not just the sim throwing the party. It would be useful for weddings so that both sims could invite their friends.
Mad Poster
#7917 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 12:21 AM
Yes! That! How can my sim throws a surprise party for their mom, let's say...if their mom's friends don't show up in the list?

Mad Poster
#7918 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 12:39 AM
I'd like to see an aerial decorative object made and have certain channels or functions tied to the aerial. Basically, without the aerial, most TVs wouldn't have any reception and sims could only use them to watch movies or play games, or watch the news and a couple other channels. Also, a Satellite dish object would be awesome.

Interestingly enough, that actually WAS a thing in TS1... I think they just kind of assume everyone has cable in TS2?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#7919 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 12:44 AM
Back in my days, cable and Nickelodeon were rare treats. Not everyone was rich enough for even Basic Cable.
Alchemist
#7920 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 1:09 AM
Back in my days, cable and Nickelodeon were rare treats. Not everyone was rich enough for even Basic Cable.

True, though most of the people I knew growing up had basic cable at least on one tv--in my house cable was in the living room and my parent's room (i.e., it was my dad's tv). Oh, the trades that were made to watch my TGIF shows during dinner! Me and my sister definitely had fights over who got to watch what and when. None of this DVR, phone, or tablet nonsense.

For me, the Disney channel was the rare one. Definitely not on basic cable. But then the Yankees and Time Warner, I think, had their fight over broadcasting the Yankees' new YES channel and Time Warner didn't pick up the channel. But Directv did. My dad, being a devout Yankee fan, immediately switched to satellite. Whatever extra sports package he got included not only the Disney channel, but we got (and still get) east and west coast versions of the Disney channel, Cartoon Network, and Nickelodeon. My life has never been the same since. Practically a watershed moment.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#7921 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
What I'd like is I'd like a mod to let more than one pet eat from a bowl at once. My sims haven't the time or space to keep one bowl for each pet, and it seems like they're always hogging them when another one is hungry.

You could place another bowl on top of the first one by using moveobjects on.
Top Secret Researcher
#7922 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
You could place another bowl on top of the first one by using moveobjects on.

Yes, but then it would take a day and a half to manage to click on each bowl and get both filled. That, or seperate them, somehow confoddle a sim to get to both and fill them in the limited space, and then put them back together.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Theorist
#7923 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 2:32 AM
Yes, but then it would take a day and a half to manage to click on each bowl and get both filled. That, or seperate them, somehow confoddle a sim to get to both and fill them in the limited space, and then put them back together.

I just had a thought, what 'bout usin the move cheat with the quarter cheat. See if you couldn't place a few of them in the same square block next to each other and still be usable. Not sure it'd work, but think it'd be worth a shot to try.
Mad Poster
#7924 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 7:31 AM

Simblender 'fill all pet dishes'. I am lazy. XD
Mad Poster
#7925 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 10:28 AM
Quote:

Back in my day, 3 channels and a TV antenna on top of the roof were standard for everyone. Cable had not even been dreamed of then.

Yeah, watched all those historical moments with black & white images and really spotty reception at times.

Sorry, had to jump in and remind people that not everything began in the 80's-EA obviously forgot, too.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Page 317 of 582