Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 12:05 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Apartment Life
Default Custom Content not showing up in the game!
Hey guys!

This is a very common problem I guess, since I did find a lot of other threads and guidelines about the problem and how to try to fix it however, nothing really helped me out in this situation, and I am running out of ideas what to do. Also, all simmers have different situations and I would like to know if there is a way to fix my problem.

I have been a simmer for a loooong ass time. My computer broke a few months back, and it was an old one too, so I haven't been playing Sims 2 in a year or so. I recently got a new computer which has Windows 8.1, and of course I wanted to start the game again and this time keep it fresh and clean. My last game was also very old and corrupted, so I decided that I am not going to install as much of CC as I did years ago.

I have CEP, and Sims2 Clean Installer, also I have WinRAR to work with. I did the ''Downloads'' file my own, and it is where it should be documents > ea games > the sims 2 > downloads, with capital D, ends with s.

So, I downloaded a few houses, some clothes, makeup, hairstyles, and sims. Also a couple of cars and furniture.
Makeup, hair, cars are okay and visible, but for example my installed sims ain't there, neither are the houses I wanted, although Sims2 installer said ''all the files are successfully installed'' every single time.

I have been trying to google things and make things work, read everything about downloading custom content but nothing seems to help the situation. And I know where to look for sims or houses obviously but they aren't there. And I don't even remember much about downloading CC because it has been such a long time...

I hope you guys could help me out.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 12:17 PM
Have you installed the sims and houses with Clean Installer or with the regular sims2 installer?
I suggest trying to install them with clean installer.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 12:59 PM Last edited by maxon : 18th Mar 2018 at 2:21 PM.
Did you find the files that you installed? And are they in the expected Downloads folder. There might be two issues here - one an addressing issue with Clean Installer and the other that Win8 has a tendency (as do Win7 and 10) to create duplicates of the folders only one of which is the correct one.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 1:52 PM
The Default installer can sometimes mess things up.

The Clean Installer should (unless you have the UC, or have set different settings) install sims in SavedSims, house templates in the Temp folder (installs into the Lot folder when you start the game), and house CC in the Downloads folder. If you have the UC, you'll have to fix the path, or it won't install files properly. If files don't show up in those locations when installing with the Clean installer, something's wrong.

If the filepath is wrong, you can edit the S2PCI.ini file using Notepad and add the full path to your Sims 2 folder to the line starting with SaveGamePath. For example, change:
SaveGamePath=
to:
SaveGamePath="C:\Users\<userid>\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2"

This should work for the UC as well. Find the "The Sims 2" folder in the Documents path, click once on the folder path at the top (turns blue), copy it, and paste this after SaveGamePath=
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 8:10 PM
Thanks guys for helping me out.

I actually figured this out pretty quickly after posting here... somehow some downloads were in my boyfriend's username's folders, and others were in my own folders.
Scholar
#6 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 8:41 PM
The installer (both of them!) sometimes likes to install it to the default user's profile instead of the user who is using the program.