Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 5:43 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Default hairs not showing properly
I recently installed quite a few default replacement hairs but none of them are working properly. I made sure there is only one of each hair type. And it is happening with quite a few from different creators. Has anyone else seen this happen and know any ways to fix it? I've included pictures of how the hairs show up in case and will try and get the links to where I downloaded them if that helps any.

6th Hair Down

Hair Barrette

3rd Hair Down
Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 8:26 AM
Try deleting your cache files and right clicking on the hair thumbnail while holding down CTRL. There is just one download link and no mention of any separate files needed so they should work.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Try deleting your cache files and right clicking on the hair thumbnail while holding down CTRL. There is just one download link and no mention of any separate files needed so they should work.

Some of them fixed but others didn't... Its weird because some of them that aren't working I already had in my game and just reinstalled after clearing my downloads.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 6:32 AM
For some reason taking the folder out and then putting it back in fixed it. o.o strange.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 7:30 AM
It's not too deep?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 7:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
It's not too deep?

Too deep? Like subfolders wise? If so theres actually another subfolder theyre in now as well so it would be in deeper.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 9:38 AM
Yes sometimes the game can't read things if it's sub foldered too deeply. My other thought was it could be graphic card related.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#8 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 1:15 PM
Hey, I have exactly the same problem, and nothing seems to work. I use keonis DR for hairs, and while for males, they work fine, for females the University and BG hair won't work.
I tried putting the DL folder out and back in again, I tried downloading some of the meshes seperately (but it didn't work, I also think the meshes are included in her DLs) - I don't know what to do anymore.
I use the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Windows 10, but I still have the discs somewhere. Any ideas?
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 3rd May 2018 at 4:06 PM
Same problem, hope this isn't too old to resurface. My hairstyles are showing up either not at all (like the default isn't present at all) or it shows up two-toned in the Maxis hairstyle. Does anyone know what could be the problem?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 3rd May 2018 at 11:19 PM
Link to the download?

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 4th May 2018 at 2:21 AM
I had that problem with a few default hairs. Putting them directly in the Downloads folder without any subfoldering fixed it.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 4th May 2018 at 12:28 PM
I tried that @Charity and a few showed up! Thanks for the suggestion! However, there are still some that just will not. I just don't get it!

@joandsarah77 - Here is one that refuses to work: FlyPigtails (Keoni)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 7th May 2018 at 1:45 AM
I am still unable to play my game @Goldenbtrfly but I gave it to someone else to look at. I use a different default for that hair.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#14 Old 7th May 2018 at 2:01 AM
Yep, me too. I use another default for this hair, though by the same creator, Bflysims. I would take a look at this, but I am not good with hair..

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 7th May 2018 at 4:15 AM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. For now, I just removed it and added it as Custom until later.